Doc's Ebonic Sunday skoo, foo'

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
26-05-2013, 12:53 PM
RE: DOC'S POLYAROMATIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (ITS A GAS!)
(26-05-2013 09:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ya ya ya. I'm more concerned with polyaromatics. They aren't all gasses now are they ? What about liquid Benzene ? What about ... um ... "poppers" ?

Bucky, Bucky, Bucky, you're missing the big picture Who is in control here? God, obviously. And with God, all things are possible. Just look at Matthew 14:25 "Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake"! If God can turn water, a liquid, into a solid firm enough to support the weight of Jesus, why may he not turn any aromatic compound into a gas?

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Is that why he created us with bodies that have gas??
26-05-2013, 01:04 PM
(26-05-2013 12:55 PM)cjs Wrote:  Is that why he created us with bodies that have gas??

Hmmm. That would explain why my college dorm room was always described as polyaromatic.

Doc
26-05-2013, 03:11 PM
It's all starting to make sense now--the beer the bean burritos, the ensuing aromatic gasses..there really IS a divine plan!!
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
26-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Just stopping by to comment on the title of this thread Big Grin

I'm sure people have talked about it changing all the time, but I don't have the time to browse the thread, honestly. Forgive me for not hunting for THAT discussion!

Did a group of people put a bunch of interesting titles in a "hat" and then they choose a new one at random each day? Consider

Either way, I love this.

EDIT: This is my favorite so far.

DOC'S PROBABILISTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE WE TAKE OUR CHANCES)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
26-05-2013, 06:46 PM
(26-05-2013 06:41 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Just stopping by to comment on the title of this thread Big Grin

I'm sure people have talked about it changing all the time, but I don't have the time to browse the thread, honestly. Forgive me for not hunting for THAT discussion!

Did a group of people put a bunch of interesting titles in a "hat" and then they choose a new one at random each day? Consider

Either way, I love this.

EDIT: This is my favorite so far.

DOC'S PROBABILISTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE WE TAKE OUR CHANCES)

I think Doc just changes it up from time to time. It was Holistic for the longest time now it seems to change every few days. It does add another bit of fun to the on going satire. Also Peanut if you find time I highly recommend reading this thread all the way through very worthwhile.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Peanut, it's worth the read. I did a read-laugh-repeat cycle for 30-something pages, then decided to join the class. We have another seat on the back stoner row for you!
[+] 2 users Like cjs's post
26-05-2013, 10:06 PM
DOC'S POLYAROMATIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (ITS A GAS!)
Hmmm, what does it mean that I read it as "DOC'S POLYAMOROUS SUNDAY SCHOOL"?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
27-05-2013, 05:13 AM
(26-05-2013 10:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Hmmm, what does it mean that I read it as "DOC'S POLYAMOROUS SUNDAY SCHOOL"?

Wishful thinking? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-05-2013, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 09:18 AM by docskeptic.)
RE: DOC'S POLYTHEISTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHO LET THE GODS OUT? WHO? WHO? WHO? WHO?)
Peanut: Doc, in an earlier class, you said that Jesus was able to walk on water by means of a supernatural phase transition. In other words, he was able to transform liquid into solid instantaneously. Isn't that extremely unlikely? Could there be another solution to this miracle?

Doc: Yes! Jesus's body was capable of some miraculous feats, among which was the ability to walk on water. Perhaps he achieved this by locally solidifying the water or by local anti-gravity or by making his body lighter-than-air. The gospels also record other miraculous feats. One amazing property that Jesus’s body had was the ability to vanish at will (Luke 24:31). In this story, Jesus appears to two of his followers as they are walking to Emmaus. They don’t recognize him immediately and he falls into conversation with them. After they describe the recent events that have shaken Jerusalem, Jesus discourses with them about himself. Just as they are about to partake of a meal together, they suddenly recognize him, at which point he promptly vanishes from their sight.

Some conservative scholars like John Gill suggest that this was not a true vanishing or disappearance, but that “agility being a property of his risen body, he very suddenly, and swiftly, and in a moment, withdrew himself from them.” Since Jesus had done something similar to this on two separate occasions prior to his death (miraculously passing through a crowd that was ready to stone him in Luke 4:30 and John 8:59), it has been suggested that his pre-resurrection body had also been endowed with remarkable speed and agility, which enabled him to elude his enemies!

Peanut: Did he also say "Beep, beep", flap his tongue and disappear in a cloud of dust?
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post