Doc's Ebonic Sunday skoo, foo'

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
11-11-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: DOC'S CARCINOGENIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (CAUSING GROWTHS IN YOUNG MINDS SINCE 2013)
Chas, Bucky, Rev and cjlr,
Thanks for the kind words, I've missed being on the forum. Been busy. Also took up a new hobby - paper modeling. Currently building Notre Dame cathedral (by L'Instant Durable). Look it up if you are not familiar with the topic. Fascinating stuff!

It felt good to post again.

Cheers,

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
11-11-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: DOC'S CARCINOGENIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (CAUSING GROWTHS IN YOUNG MINDS SINCE 2013)
(11-11-2013 01:58 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Chas, Bucky, Rev and cjlr,
Thanks for the kind words, I've missed being on the forum. Been busy. Also took up a new hobby - paper modeling. Currently building Notre Dame cathedral (by L'Instant Durable). Look it up if you are not familiar with the topic. Fascinating stuff!

Cheers,

Doc

GirlyMan takes care of dangling music references, I get these.
L'Instant Durable

[Image: 3Cathedrales-15cm.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2013, 04:17 PM
DOC'S CARCINOGENIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (CAUSING GROWTHS IN YOUNG MINDS SINCE 2013)
(11-11-2013 01:58 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Chas, Bucky, Rev and cjlr,

Cheers,

Doc

Huh! I got into papercraft earlier this year. Didn't take it too far. It only served to show me the state of my eyes since the last time I built models (1980s). If I plan to construct Angkor Wat like I've been wanting to I may need one of those magnifiers.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
11-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Doc *and* the Cardinal ??? Jeez. Welcome back Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-11-2013, 08:53 PM
DOC'S CARCINOGENIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (CAUSING GROWTHS IN YOUNG MINDS SINCE 2013)
(11-11-2013 04:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Doc *and* the Cardinal ??? Jeez. Welcome back Smile

Oh hi!

11-11-2013, 08:59 PM
(11-11-2013 08:53 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 04:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Doc *and* the Cardinal ??? Jeez. Welcome back Smile

Oh hi!

Hey how have you been?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-11-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: DOC'S SYCOPHANTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE YOU DA MAN!)
Doc: Well, class, time to resume our studies on the miracles of Christ.

cjlr: Where did you go? Mr. Swaggart never did show up and we ended up teaching ourselves.

Doc (sitting down gingerly): The authorities were kind enough to show me the error of my ways. But, never mind that. Turn to Luke 8:43-48 where we read about Jesus healing the woman with a flow of blood.

cjlr: Where was she bleeding from?

Doc (blushing magenta): Well, Luke doesn't say, but we can take it for granted that she bled from... you know, down there.

All sniggering.

Doc: Silence! This poor woman had bled for 12 years and spent all that she had on doctors who signally failed to heal her. However, when she surreptitiously touched the hem of Jesus's cloak, she felt that she was instantaneously healed!

cjlr: Luke 8:42 says that Jesus was jostled from all sides and was "almost crushed" yet he still felt power flowing out of him when the woman touched him and turning around asked who touched him. The woman came forward trembling and fell at his feet, confessing all and had her healing confirmed.

Doc: Yes! Very good! That proves the divinity of Christ.

cjlr: Then why did he need to ask who touched him? Wouldn't the omniscient Christ have known the answer already?

Doc: Perhaps he wanted the woman to acknowledge the miracle publicly.

cjlr: But such a technique is also very popular among the faith healers and televangelists who just "know" that someone in the crowd or someone watching at home is suffering from a certain disease or has just received a miraculous cure and so solicit witnesses prompting a flood of responses affirming just that. Similarly, Jesus waited for the woman to come forward before pronouncing her cured. Moreover, the gospels say that the woman `felt' that she was healed. The original Greek word is "ginosko", which means to know, especially through personal experience. Since the woman's cure was instantaneous, how did she know through personal experience that she was indeed cured?
13-11-2013, 02:42 AM
DOC'S SYCOPHANTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE YOU DA MAN!)
(11-11-2013 08:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 08:53 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Oh hi!

Hey how have you been?

I'm hanging in there. Thanks for asking! How have you been? Have I missed anything of earth-shattering importance around here?

13-11-2013, 03:10 AM
RE: DOC'S SYCOPHANTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE YOU DA MAN!)
(13-11-2013 02:42 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 08:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hey how have you been?

I'm hanging in there. Thanks for asking! How have you been? Have I missed anything of earth-shattering importance around here?

Same old same old, a few forum blow ups, a few crazy theists (Mark Dreher was probably the most crazy) We have a new Regime in control of things but other than that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-11-2013, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2013 01:44 PM by docskeptic.)
RE: DOC'S SYPHILITIC SUNDAY SCHOOL
    Take that, you 90 lb. weakling atheists!

Doc