Doc's bellerophonic Sunday School (proclaiming the good news since 2013)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
27-10-2014, 07:30 PM
RE: Doc's bellerophonic Sunday School (proclaiming the good news since 2013)
(27-10-2014 07:17 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Alas, so soon after I formulated Doc's first law of religiosity, I find that I have to retract it. Today, a two-pack a day smoker patient of mine said that she only eats organic food, because, you know, "all those chemicals they add in processed food are bad for you." Such breathtaking cluelessness forced me to re-think my position that cluelessness is a defining feature of the religious. I have therefore decided to reword my first law of religiosity to the more succinct "Idiocy abounds". More pithy, I think, what?

Doc

Maybe she smokes all-natural cigarettes made from pesticide-free, organic, free-range tobacco. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-10-2014, 07:53 AM
RE: Doc's bellerophonic Sunday School (proclaiming the good news since 2013)
(27-10-2014 03:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 10:59 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  By Jove, I have it! A reliable way to recognize a theist.

Doc's first law of religiosity now states that "The total lack of irony (also called cluelessness) is a defining feature of the religious".

See, for example, Moses writing of himself in Numbers 12:3: "Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth."

Doc

"I'm a million times as humble as thou art"

I didn't know Moses was Amish. Funny, he doesn't look Amish.

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply