Doc's bishopric Sunday School (Noun or adjective? One word or two?)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
29-07-2014, 01:40 PM
RE: Doc's furshlugginer Sunday School (we're mad about the Bible)
Nothing whatsoever to do with atheism. Just needed a place to show off my latest creation.
Doc

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
29-07-2014, 01:42 PM
(29-07-2014 01:40 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Nothing whatsoever to do with atheism. Just needed a place to show off my latest creation.
Doc

She may not look like much but she did the kessel run in under 12 parsecs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Doc's furshlugginer Sunday School (we're mad about the Bible)
(29-07-2014 01:40 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Nothing whatsoever to do with atheism. Just needed a place to show off my latest creation.
Doc

Wow, Doc! What's it made from? It looks very cool!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
29-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Cardinal,
Its made of stainless steel sheets. Similar to paper craft. Cut (or detach) pieces, bend, attach, repeat. I bought the kit online. The company sells a ton of models and is called MetalEarth. I call this one, "Not a piece of junk!".
Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
29-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Doc's furshlugginer Sunday School (we're mad about the Bible)
(29-07-2014 01:50 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Cardinal,
Its made of stainless steel sheets. Similar to paper craft. Cut (or detach) pieces, bend, attach, repeat. I bought the kit online. The company sells a ton of models and is called MetalEarth. I call this one, "Not a piece of junk!".
Doc

Interesting! So, the sheets are pre-printed with the detail work we see here?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
29-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Yes. Since the pieces are precision laser cut, the fit between pieces is incredible. The surface detail is photo-etched. Very high quality product.
Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
29-07-2014, 01:58 PM
(29-07-2014 01:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  She may not look like much but she did the kessel run in under 12 parsecs.

That line always cracks me up. I find it hard to believe that the writers of such a classic as Star Wars goofed up on "parsec" as a unit of time, rather than distance.
Doc
29-07-2014, 02:03 PM
(29-07-2014 01:58 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 01:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  She may not look like much but she did the kessel run in under 12 parsecs.

That line always cracks me up. I find it hard to believe that the writers of such a classic as Star Wars goofed up on "parsec" as a unit of time, rather than distance.
Doc

Or maybe they cynically took advantage of the general public's lack of understanding of science 'cos they wanted a more cool sounding word than "years" or "days". Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-07-2014, 02:08 PM
(29-07-2014 01:58 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  

Doc

(29-07-2014 02:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 01:58 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  That line always cracks me up. I find it hard to believe that the writers of such a classic as Star Wars goofed up on "parsec" as a unit of time, rather than distance.
Doc

Or maybe they cynically took advantage of the general public's lack of understanding of science 'cos they wanted a more cool sounding word than "years" or "days". Undecided

Alternate theory: Han was testing them by throwing out space terms they failed the test so he knew he could fleece them for extra credits. Thus why that short trip cost more than the cost of their own ship.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-07-2014, 02:33 PM
(29-07-2014 02:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 01:58 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  That line always cracks me up. I find it hard to believe that the writers of such a classic as Star Wars goofed up on "parsec" as a unit of time, rather than distance.
Doc

(29-07-2014 02:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  Or maybe they cynically took advantage of the general public's lack of understanding of science 'cos they wanted a more cool sounding word than "years" or "days". Undecided

Alternate theory: Han was testing them by throwing out space terms they failed the test so he knew he could fleece them for extra credits. Thus why that short trip cost more than the cost of their own ship.

Drafts of the script made that explicit.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post