Doc's bishopric Sunday School (Noun or adjective? One word or two?)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
23-10-2014, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2014 09:41 AM by docskeptic.)
RE: Doc's bellerophonic Sunday School (proclaiming the good news since 2013)
Sorry, been busy at work and finishing up the Cathedral of Notre Dame and here it is. I must say I found it much more relaxing than yelling at recalcitrant theists.

Doc

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
23-10-2014, 10:00 AM
(23-10-2014 09:37 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Sorry, been busy at work and finishing up the Cathedral of Notre Dame and here it is. I must say I found it much more relaxing than yelling at recalcitrant theists.

Doc

Wow! How many pieces did that come in, of course I'm assuming you didn't go into the forest, chop down a tree, take to your wood shop and then produce each piece by hand (though with you this might be how you did it Cool )

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-10-2014, 10:28 AM
(23-10-2014 10:00 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 09:37 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Sorry, been busy at work and finishing up the Cathedral of Notre Dame and here it is. I must say I found it much more relaxing than yelling at recalcitrant theists.

Doc

Wow! How many pieces did that come in, of course I'm assuming you didn't go into the forest, chop down a tree, take to your wood shop and then produce each piece by hand (though with you this might be how you did it Cool )

FC,
It's made of paper. See this site for more info. Took me about 2 years at my very slow pace to complete it.

Doc
23-10-2014, 10:38 AM
(23-10-2014 10:00 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Doc

This site has good info. The fellow is a retired Episcopal priest whose hobby is cathedrals. Go figure.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-10-2014, 12:56 PM
(02-04-2013 02:30 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  5. According to Ezekiel. 18:20 and Exod. 20:5, the sons are responsible for the sins of the fathers.
True. False. Both

how do I deal with an idiot who believes this to be 100% true ? I've told him its immoral but he thinks its justified in every way Facepalm

he thinks everything your parents say is true by default for no other reason than them saying it, he said parents saying smoking is bad therefore everything else they say is true.... WTF!:facepalm:smoking is bad for your health regardless of what anyone says Facepalm

along with the death never existed before eating the apple bullshit is true,

whats the best way to deal with this idiot ?
26-10-2014, 01:21 PM
(26-10-2014 12:56 PM)Ace Wrote:  whats the best way to deal with this idiot ?

A question which is at the root of modern warfare...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-10-2014, 01:24 PM
(26-10-2014 01:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 12:56 PM)Ace Wrote:  whats the best way to deal with this idiot ?

A question which is at the root of modern warfare...

be more specific
26-10-2014, 01:54 PM
(26-10-2014 01:24 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 01:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  A question which is at the root of modern warfare...

be more specific

Just that any weapon ever is essentially a rather more direct attempt at a solution to an argument than logic Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-10-2014, 01:57 PM
(26-10-2014 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 01:24 PM)Ace Wrote:  be more specific

Just that any weapon ever is essentially a rather more direct attempt at a solution to an argument than logic Tongue

Dodgy
I prefer mind warfare where I shake the very foundations of his belief to its very core
26-10-2014, 08:54 PM
(26-10-2014 12:56 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 02:30 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  5. According to Ezekiel. 18:20 and Exod. 20:5, the sons are responsible for the sins of the fathers.
True. False. Both

how do I deal with an idiot who believes this to be 100% true ? I've told him its immoral but he thinks its justified in every way Facepalm

he thinks everything your parents say is true by default for no other reason than them saying it, he said parents saying smoking is bad therefore everything else they say is true.... WTF!:facepalm:smoking is bad for your health regardless of what anyone says Facepalm

along with the death never existed before eating the apple bullshit is true,

whats the best way to deal with this idiot ?

Here's how I would handle it. I first quote Exodus 20:5 at him, "You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me" and watch him justify the verse.

Once he's run out of breath, you turn around and quote Ezekiel 18:20 viz., "The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child" and watch him try to squirm out of that one.

Write back and let us know how it went.

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post