Doc's bishopric Sunday School (Noun or adjective? One word or two?)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
07-10-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Doc's patriotic Sunday School (God, America, mom and falafel)
(01-10-2015 10:36 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  *- research here means random unsupported assertions pulled from my bottom.

This is, indeed, how all theology is done.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 01:57 PM
(07-10-2015 07:35 AM)skyking Wrote:  I admit, I skimmed through most of this.
My question is, did you resolve the falafel question?
I came for the falafel.

That's an odd fetish, isn't it? Anyhow, there is a test on all this material at the end of the semester and I am not soft. So, I suggest you bone up on the material otherwise it will be hard-on you.

Doc
07-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Did someone call me?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-10-2015, 02:38 PM
(07-10-2015 02:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Did someone call me?

Do you come bearing falafel?

... this is my signature!
07-10-2015, 02:41 PM
(07-10-2015 02:38 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 02:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Did someone call me?

Do you come bearing falafel?

If by falafel you mean cookies. Why yes!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-10-2015, 02:54 PM
(07-10-2015 07:35 AM)skyking Wrote:  My question is, did you resolve the falafel question?

Are you an orthodox fava bean falafel worshipper or one of those chick-pea falafel heretics? If the latter, I cast you into the outer Mid-Western darkness where there is gnashing of teeth and lutefisk.

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
07-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Doc's patriotic Sunday School (God, America, mom and falafel)
Mmmmm, lutefisk. Läcker!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
07-10-2015, 05:37 PM
(07-10-2015 02:54 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 07:35 AM)skyking Wrote:  My question is, did you resolve the falafel question?

Are you an orthodox fava bean falafel worshipper or one of those chick-pea falafel heretics? If the latter, I cast you into the outer Mid-Western darkness where there is gnashing of teeth and lutefisk.

Doc
I admit, I will eat any falafel so long as it has the flavor. I would convert to fava, if I can find it.
15-10-2015, 04:21 PM
(14-07-2015 02:39 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Sorry, unfogged and Girly. TheInquisition wins the prize on this one. There is a Jewish legend (or fairy tale, if you like), that a son of Anak stowed away on the Ark and repopulated the earth with giants after the flood.

But don't worry. Heres another chance to exercise your ingenuity:
The Cainites (Kenites) were descendants of Cain, the son of Adam and in 1 Samuel 15:6 we read that King Saul said to them, ""Go away, leave the Amalekites so that I do not destroy you along with them; for you showed kindness to all the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt." So the Kenites moved away from the Amalekites."

How did the Kenites survive the Flood?

Doc

Here's another conundrum. Genesis 4:19-21 says, "Lamech married two women, one named Adah and the other Zillah. Adah gave birth to Jabal; he was the father of those who live in tents and raise livestock. His brother’s name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play stringed instruments and pipes.

Lamech was 6 generations removed from Cain, the son of Adam. The problem is that just one or possibly two generations after Lamech, all the descendants of Cain perished in the Flood.

So how did the knowledge of tent-making, animal husbandry and Scottish folk music survive?

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
16-10-2015, 02:10 AM
(15-10-2015 04:21 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 02:39 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Sorry, unfogged and Girly. TheInquisition wins the prize on this one. There is a Jewish legend (or fairy tale, if you like), that a son of Anak stowed away on the Ark and repopulated the earth with giants after the flood.

But don't worry. Heres another chance to exercise your ingenuity:
The Cainites (Kenites) were descendants of Cain, the son of Adam and in 1 Samuel 15:6 we read that King Saul said to them, ""Go away, leave the Amalekites so that I do not destroy you along with them; for you showed kindness to all the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt." So the Kenites moved away from the Amalekites."

How did the Kenites survive the Flood?

Doc

Here's another conundrum. Genesis 4:19-21 says, "Lamech married two women, one named Adah and the other Zillah. Adah gave birth to Jabal; he was the father of those who live in tents and raise livestock. His brother’s name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play stringed instruments and pipes.

Lamech was 6 generations removed from Cain, the son of Adam. The problem is that just one or possibly two generations after Lamech, all the descendants of Cain perished in the Flood.

So how did the knowledge of tent-making, animal husbandry and Scottish folk music survive?

Doc

Well if by having faith one can move the mountain then surely one also would be capable of learning how to make a tent. Or just god (wizard) did it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.