Doc's bishopric Sunday School (Noun or adjective? One word or two?)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
10-06-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: DOC'S BALSAMIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE WE'RE FULL OF VIM AND VINEGAR)
(10-06-2013 04:25 PM)JAH Wrote:  Oh doc, do not use the words legend, myth or story again. I am a most faithful student in your class, even if I am up in the stoners row smoking when I can get it.

The words legend, myth and story imply that one may question the one true word of god, we mere mortals may not, even if Thor can. And don't introduce this side stuff like Abgar and Eusebius they ain't in the damn bible. Stick to the damn bible.

Besides damn it I need my lucky numbers, you may force me to rely on probability. If I throw away a pair of kings to draw to a flush and miss it that will be on your hands.

Oh and please excuse the harsh language. doc you know I need this class to graduate.

If you're playing poker the only time your cards matter is on the final call. Play the player not the cards. The best poker player can win with deuce 7 off suit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2013, 08:23 PM
(10-06-2013 11:25 AM)JAH Wrote:  Damn it doc I need numbers. Should I draw to an inside straight, should I fold my 3 6's. I need help here. Not some nonsense about Eusebius or Abgar. I need to know my numbers and I refuse to wait for next semester. I am out of here as soon as I graduate.

With your permission, of course.

Dude! I totally saw a chapter in that Holly Bibble called Numbers. I betcha there's some lucky lotto numbers in that!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
10-06-2013, 08:42 PM
(10-06-2013 08:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 11:25 AM)JAH Wrote:  Damn it doc I need numbers. Should I draw to an inside straight, should I fold my 3 6's. I need help here. Not some nonsense about Eusebius or Abgar. I need to know my numbers and I refuse to wait for next semester. I am out of here as soon as I graduate.

With your permission, of course.

Dude! I totally saw a chapter in that Holly Bibble called Numbers. I betcha there's some lucky lotto numbers in that!

Finally. A use for Pleasy's Bibble Code. Maybe I better study it after all.
Maybe it will tell me how to pick the place and show horse for trifectas at Del Mar ??.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-06-2013, 09:10 PM
The worst four word in the world "my straight beats yours" delivered by my best friend in the world. It cost me half a high/low split the pot when I decided to go both ways some $60. I still hate him for that and if I have to speak at his funeral I will condemn him for it.

Is gambling a sin I hope so because I love to do it.

Doc many of us want your numbers. Please help us.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
11-06-2013, 07:03 AM
RE: DOC'S CRYPTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (IT'S ALL A MYSTERY)
JAH: Damn it doc I need numbers. Should I draw to an inside straight, should I fold my 3 6's. I need help here. Not some nonsense about Eusebius or Abgar. I need to know my numbers and I refuse to wait for next semester. I am out of here as soon as I graduate.

Doc, lower lip trembling and voice cracking: Nonsense? Nonsense? I work my fingers to the bone to prepare for class every day and this is the thanks that I get! Oh, my mother was right! I should have become a lawyer. At least then I might have gotten some respect.

JAH, alarmed: Don’t cry. If it’s any consolation, I’ll tell you the story of St. Veronica. She was the woman who wiped Jesus’s face with a napkin when he was on the Via Dolorosa. She is also identified with the woman with a flow of blood who was miraculously healed when she touched Jesus’s robe in Luke 8:43-48.

Doc, sniffing and rubbing his eyes: Oh? That’s interesting, but I’ve never heard of St. Veronica. Who is she?

JAH: The Catholic Church celebrates her day on July 12 each year. She felt pity for Christ when he fell on the road to Golgotha and wiped his face with a napkin. Her action is commemorated in the 6th Station of the Cross. The napkin that she wiped Jesus’s face was miraculously imprinted with the image of his face and was called the Holy Face of Jesus. Many miracles were attributed to the image.

Doc: Why don’t the gospels mention her then?

JAH, maliciously: Hah! Gotcha! Because she never existed! The image of Abgar V that we talked about earlier was so revered that fake copies soon cropped up. To identify the true image, it was called the Vera Icon, which over time became bastardized to Veronica. It was then a simple matter of attaching a name to a person and voila, the legend of St. Veronica was born! The Catholic Encyclopedia admits that the story of St. Veronica is a legend and yet that does not deter the faithful or the pope who ratified devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus in the 19th century. This is a classic case of one legend spawning another.

Doc: Waaaah!
11-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Doc, please don't cry. I promise to be attentive and quiet and not bring up any more legends. I think if you returned your focus to the true word as presented in the bible you would feel better. Remember the catholic church is known to be a fraud by all right thinking christians. Pay no attention to their stories stick to the true word.

And doc, many of us are still looking for our numbers. We are hoping to make serious money off of them. Bucky Ball may be on his way to the track as we speak. He needs your help with the trifectas, which if he hits could pay well and could significantly increase his donations. I know mine will go up if you give me the correct numbers.
11-06-2013, 10:51 AM
[attachment=1418]

But where's the bread and jelly?

Doc
11-06-2013, 10:52 AM
(11-06-2013 10:51 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  But where's the bread and jelly?

Doc

You don't want to eat that it's gone all rotten on the inside.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-06-2013, 06:35 AM
RE: DOC'S CARCINOGENIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (CAUSING GROWTHS IN YOUNG MINDS SINCE 2013)
FLASHBACK

Mrs. Skeptic, looking around: So this is where you spend all your time, is it? You told me you were engaged in vital research. Have you been running a Sunday School class?

Doc: Yes, dear.

Mrs. Skeptic: Why don't you do something useful, like work, instead? Has this been going on for long?

Doc: No, dear.

Mrs. Skeptic: Well, its going to stop now and I don't want you coming back here either. Do I make myself clear?

Doc: Three bags full, dear.

END FLASHBACK

Doc: So you see, class, much as Mrs. Skeptic loves the idea of me teaching, she would like to see me broaden my horizons. This will therefore be my last class.

But, not to worry. Just tell your parents that Mr. James Swaggart has graciously agreed to step in temporarily. Apparently, he's a very good teacher. He seems to be well trained too. They say that he just got out of Yale.

Goodbye! I'll miss you all!
12-06-2013, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 09:07 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: DOC'S CARCINOGENIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (CAUSING GROWTHS IN YOUNG MINDS SINCE 2013)
Doc's class is a "blast-oma".
You can't leave.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post