Doc's bishopric Sunday School (Noun or adjective? One word or two?)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
19-11-2013, 04:13 AM
RE: DOC'S ORGANIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (NOW WITH NO SCIENCE! MEETS 100% DELUSION REQUIREMENT)
(18-11-2013 10:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 09:05 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load hahahaha I'm gonna use #3 asap!

Then you , my friend, are in need of a Lv.2 Paladin!

Quote:Lay on Hands (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin with a Charisma score of 12 or higher can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to her paladin level × her Charisma bonus.

For example, a 7th-level paladin with a 16 Charisma (+3 bonus) can heal 21 points of damage per day. A paladin may choose to divide her healing among multiple recipients, and she doesn’t have to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action.

Alternatively, a paladin can use any or all of this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. The paladin decides how many of her daily allotment of points to use as damage after successfully touching an undead creature.

Wink

My boyfriend was a paladin.... Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
19-11-2013, 04:18 AM
RE: DOC'S ORGANIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (NOW WITH NO SCIENCE! MEETS 100% DELUSION REQUIREMENT)
(19-11-2013 04:13 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 10:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Then you , my friend, are in need of a Lv.2 Paladin!

Wink

My boyfriend was a paladin.... Thumbsup

Rangers do it in the bushes
Thieves do it from behind
Mages do it in abandoned keeps
Druids do it in the woods
Paladins do it by themselves

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-11-2013, 04:32 AM
(19-11-2013 04:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 04:13 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  My boyfriend was a paladin.... Thumbsup

Rangers do it in the bushes
Thieves do it from behind
Mages do it in abandoned keeps
Druids do it in the woods
Paladins do it by themselves

Laugh out load
19-11-2013, 05:39 AM
(18-11-2013 09:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do you know any non-theistic-Buddhist pickup lines?

Bowing

Hmmm... Buddhist, eh? How about:
1. Hey, you look familiar. Don't I know you from a previous life?
2. Hey, baby. Wanna achieve Nirvana together?

Or Catholic? How about Catholic? I got some good Catholic ones:
1. I'll show you my stigmata if you show me yours.
2. My hair shirt is itchy. Mind if I take it off?

And if you were the pope, the following would work infallibly:
1. Hey baby, wanna go for a ride in my Popemobile?
2. Seriously, baby, I can absolve you of any sin.

Doc
19-11-2013, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 03:14 PM by DLJ.)
Or....

An Islamic / Buddhist / Catholic combo:

Do you wanna see my pillar of Islam?
You will feel a change within.
We don't need a condom, this conception will immaculate.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
19-11-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: DOC'S SEMI-SYNTHETIC SUNDAY SCHOOL
Doc, I have to ask did "I'am pre trib and pre mill What's yo sign" work. If so may I steal it.
19-11-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: DOC'S SEMI-SYNTHETIC SUNDAY SCHOOL
(19-11-2013 02:15 PM)JAH Wrote:  Doc, I have to ask did "I'am pre trib and pre mill What's yo sign" work. If so may I steal it.

Don't know if that pickup line would have worked or not. My wife forbade me from ever using it. However, be my guest and give it a whirl. If it doesn't work for you, you can always try the old standby, "Hi! I'm Joseph Smith".

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
20-11-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: DOC'S SEMI-AUTOMATIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (GODS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE)
(15-11-2013 10:55 AM)JAH Wrote:  preach to me Doc and tell me how a 67 year old man can have multiple children. I know it happened in the bible and at my age I may need help from there.

The story of Samson may be a source of inspiration to you. In Judges 13, we read that:

Samson's mother, who remains nameless in the account, was described as being "sterile." One day a "strange man" appears to her while she is alone in the field and tells her she will conceive and give birth to a son. We are not told what ensues, but it is easy to imagine what happened, especially when she describes him breathlessly to her husband as "very awesome" (albeit the original Hebrew root word yare carries the connotation of fear or reverence and not the modern meaning of wonderful and which is usually preceded by the adverb, totally). After a second appearance by the strange man to Samson's mother under similar circumstances, she indeed does conceive and gives birth to Samson in due time.

The explanation here may be as simple as a traveling mountebank who took advantage of a simple peasant woman by convincing her that he was somehow special (aka, the Joseph Smith method).

Food for thought: why are all miracle babies in the Bible (Isaac, Samuel, John the Baptist, Jesus, etc.) born exactly 9 months after they are announced?

Doc
[+] 4 users Like docskeptic's post
21-11-2013, 04:05 AM
RE: DOC'S SEMI-AUTOMATIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (GODS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE)
(20-11-2013 12:46 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Food for thought: why are all miracle babies in the Bible (Isaac, Samuel, John the Baptist, Jesus, etc.) born exactly 9 months after they are announced?

Doc

Probably for the same reason they're all male.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-11-2013, 08:21 AM
DOC'S SEMI-AUTOMATIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (PRYING GOD INTO YOUR COLD, DEAD HEART SINCE 2013)
(21-11-2013 04:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 12:46 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Food for thought: why are all miracle babies in the Bible (Isaac, Samuel, John the Baptist, Jesus, etc.) born exactly 9 months after they are announced?

Doc

Probably for the same reason they're all male.

Evolution,
You bring up a good point. All these miracle babies were prophesied about. This means that a body was "planned" for them in advance.

Let's take the case of Jesus as an example. His genetic makeup had to be handpicked and not left to random chance. If so, how did God decide what characteristics to pick? We know that he had to have picked at least a few. For example, we know that Jesus was a male of average height (the absence of comments to the contrary in the documents would suggest this). In addition, he probably had dark eyes and dark hair, although this is somewhat variable.

What other genetic features did God pick? What did he reject? For example, did Jesus have a genetic predisposition for diabetes mellitus? Or how about Huntington's chorea, which causes muscle incoordination, dementia, and death? Was Jesus prone to hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, addictions, premature coronary artery disease, colon cancer, etc., all of which are partly genetic in origin? If he had not been crucified what would he have died of? If he did inherit the tendencies to certain disease states, then what does it mean for us to have a flawed deity?

Jesus, then, had a decided advantage over the rest of us who make do with what the genetic lottery assigns us. We roll our dice and we take our chances; not so Jesus. If that be the case, how can he share in our humanity?

And how can it be said that he was able to sympathize with us (Heb. 4:15)? As a man, he was born with every physical and material advantage (let us not forget the gifts of gold and frankincense offered by the magi in Matt. 2:11). He did not know the sting of a hare lip or a cleft palate. He did not have to hobble around on a club foot. He suffered no anoxic brain injury at birth like some sufferers of cerebral palsy. Such a perfect man could not possibly understand what the rest of humanity undergoes on a daily basis and could not be a representative of the human race to God.

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post