Doc's bishopric Sunday School (Noun or adjective? One word or two?)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
18-12-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: DOC'S PAN-GALACTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (FULL OF THAT OL' JANX SPIRIT)
After all this time and after such rich content, why on earth is this thread still not found in the "Important Threads" section of A&T?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
18-12-2013, 05:41 PM
(18-12-2013 05:12 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  After all this time and after such rich content, why on earth is this thread still not found in the "Important Threads" section of A&T?

Done, no idea why I didn't do it earlier.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-12-2013, 05:47 PM
(18-12-2013 05:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 05:12 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  After all this time and after such rich content, why on earth is this thread still not found in the "Important Threads" section of A&T?

Done, no idea why I didn't do it earlier.

Huzzah! And now (much trumpeting):

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

IT'S IMPERIAL (and cholesterol free!)!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
18-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Ooh, I just noticed the latest title.

Quote:Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit
No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit
For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die
Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit

Douglas Adams was brilliant.

... this is my signature!
18-12-2013, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 06:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-12-2013 11:44 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Doc: Revenant? Revenant?

Silence

Doc: Colourcraze? Colourcraze?

Silence

Doc: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Silence

Doc: OK. For those present, have I got a surprise for you! A pop quiz! The question is:
Who slew Goliath the giant and how tall was Goliath?

Remember, this is a closed book test and I am relying on the honor system because I know that, like Brutus, you are all honorable.

Doc.

I think a case can be made that his acromegaly killed him. He probably had either a pituitary tumor, or a hormone disorder, so I think he was retarded, and they put him out as a scare tactic, but knew he was harmless.
(What ? What the hell good is a know-it-all anyway, if not to cause trouble in Sunday School ?)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-12-2013, 10:20 AM
(18-12-2013 06:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think a case can be made that Goliath's acromegaly killed him. He probably had either a pituitary tumor, or a hormone disorder, so I think he was retarded, and they put him out as a scare tactic, but knew he was harmless.
(What ? What the hell good is a know-it-all anyway, if not to cause trouble in Sunday School ?)

Doc: No, Bucky. Acromegaly did not kill him. David's sword did. And he was not retarded. He was the son of Rapha. 2 Samuel 21:15-22 says that Ishbi-Benob, Saph, Goliath and an unnamed giant were the sons of Rapha. They were all killed by the valiant warriors of David!

Bucky: Where did these giants come from?

Doc: Genesis 6:4 says that "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." Bible scholars call these intermarriages "irruptions" of Satan' seed (also called sons of God) in an attempt to colonize the earth and throw off God's pan of slvation.

Bucky: Are you saying that the "sons of God" were so genetically similar to humans that offspring could be produced by their couplings? Do sons of God have genomes and all the paraphernalia to couple with humans?

Doc: Apparently, they do. And the genomes were compatible enough to have produced viable offspring, albiet with some genetic abnormalities such as gigantism. Also, Goliath's brother (the unnamed one) had a condition called polydactyly. He had 24 fingers and toes! A respected creation scientist made a replica of a femur found in Egypt, which suggested that the owner was over 14 feet tall! This may have been one of the Nephilim!

[Image: 226873_f520.jpg]
19-12-2013, 11:28 AM
(19-12-2013 10:20 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 06:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think a case can be made that Goliath's acromegaly killed him. He probably had either a pituitary tumor, or a hormone disorder, so I think he was retarded, and they put him out as a scare tactic, but knew he was harmless.

Doc: No, Bucky. Acromegaly did not kill him. David's sword did. And he was not retarded. He was the son of Rapha. 2 Samuel 21:15-22 says that Ishbi-Benob, Saph, Goliath and an unnamed giant were the sons of Rapha. They were all killed by the valiant warriors of David!

Bucky: Where did these giants come from?

Doc: Genesis 6:4 says that "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." Bible scholars call these intermarriages "irruptions" of Satan' seed (also called sons of God) in an attempt to colonize the earth and throw off God's pan of slvation.

Bucky: Are you saying that the "sons of God" were so genetically similar to humans that offspring could be produced by their couplings? Do sons of God have genomes and all the paraphernalia to couple with humans?

Doc: Apparently, they do. And the genomes were compatible enough to have produced viable offspring, albiet with some genetic abnormalities such as gigantism. Also, Goliath's brother (the unnamed one) had a condition called polydactyly. He had 24 fingers and toes! A respected creation scientist made a replica of a femur found in Egypt, which suggested that the owner was over 14 feet tall! This may have been one of the Nephilim!

[Image: 226873_f520.jpg]

Chas, from the back of the room: Hey, Doc. It says this JoeTaylor sculpted this femur.

Doc: Yes, it is anatomically correct and to scale.

Chas: Yabut, he sculpted it.

Doc: So? It is anatomically correct and accurate.

Chas, spittle flying: He FUCKING SCULPTED IT! IT"S AS FUCKING HOAX!

Doc summons the deacons to remove Chas from the class.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Doc: Chas, shame on you for disrupting the class and for impugning the reputation of Mr. Joe Taylor. This upstanding man, in addition to being an archaeologist of the first water, is also an outstanding author. He wrote a fine book titled "Long Hair". See what the enthusiastic blurb says about this wonderful book:

Long Hair -- Joe Taylor
In the 1970's an infiltrator of a Communist group in the US was told, "We have to get rid of God. We have to get the woman out of the home and into the man's work force." And, they went on, "Our methods are so powerful that we will get women to kill their own babies." That was before Roe vs. Wade of 1973. Has it happened? You know it has. What does LONG HAIR have to do with it? Everything. Long Hair by Joe Taylor is $10 including shipping. Order a dozen for $90 and save.

Before you send your wife out to work or your daughter off to get college (italics mine), read this book. 86 pages ISBN 978-0-9846169-0-9

[Image: Long%20Hair%20Book%20Cover.jpg]

Doc
19-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Doc, WHY Y always changing thread name?! It's getting silly. ... sillier than most things here...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-12-2013, 12:33 PM
(19-12-2013 10:20 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Genesis 6:4 says that "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

Interesting. How many kids did this deity have, precisely ?

(19-12-2013 10:20 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  A respected creation scientist ...

heh heh heh Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.