Doc's bishopric Sunday School (Noun or adjective? One word or two?)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
19-12-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: DOC'S HALITOTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE WE ARE THE BREATH OF GOD)
(19-12-2013 12:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Doc, WHY Y always changing thread name?! It's getting silly. ... sillier than most things here...

Really? My titles are sillier than some of the stuff theists post here? Yes! I did it! It was hard work but I managed it. Do I get a prize?

But, seriously. I change it because I can. Also, I think some of them are funny and eye-catching, but maybe I'm just bi-assed.

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
19-12-2013, 12:47 PM
(19-12-2013 12:42 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 12:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Doc, WHY Y always changing thread name?! It's getting silly. ... sillier than most things here...

Really? My titles are sillier than some of the stuff theists post here? Yes! I did it! It was hard work but I managed it. Do I get a prize?

But, seriously. I change it because I can. Also, I think some of them are funny and eye-catching, but maybe I'm just bi-assed.

Doc

Don't mind Free Thought, he did not have a childhood seeing as he was born a 90 year old man.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-12-2013, 12:55 PM
(19-12-2013 12:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 12:42 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Really? My titles are sillier than some of the stuff theists post here? Yes! I did it! It was hard work but I managed it. Do I get a prize?

Doc

Don't mind Free Thought, he did not have a childhood seeing as he was born a 90 year old man.

[Image: 44015321.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
19-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Mt. Blanco Publishing and Mt. Blanco Museum? Was this some precursor to Ken Ham's endeavors?

Oh man, I had to Google. The Chupacabra too? All part of God's creations.

Will you be giving us lessons on the Chupacabra next, Doc? I don't recall seeing mention of it in the Book, but, you know me. Big Grin

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
20-12-2013, 08:18 AM
RE: DOC'S SADISTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE WE TEACH THE WHOLE BIBLE)
(19-12-2013 01:00 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Will you be giving us lessons on the Chupacabra next, Doc? I don't recall seeing mention of it in the Book, but, you know me. :D

Doc: Oh, yes! Remember that old rhyme, "...all creatures great and small, the Lord God made them all"? In addition to the chupacabra, God also made the yeti, Bigfoot and Nessie. Moreover, there are creatures in the Bible that haven't even been discovered yet, like:
1. Leviathan in Job 41
2. Behemoth in Job 40
3. 4-legged insects in Leviticus 11
4. Ruminant lepidorae i.e. rabbits that chew the cud, also in Leviticus 11
5. Non-mammalian (avian) bats, also in Leviticus 11
6. The unicorn in Job 39

Cardinal: In other words, they are all mythical, like the chupacabra.

Doc: Yes. I mean, no!
20-12-2013, 06:10 PM
I have been away some so have missed several name changes. Catching up I see that there has been much talk about biology and such as it may pertain to jesus. I am offended. Jesus was god's son he only appeared to be human. The answer is so simple that I am ashamed, Doc, that you did not call out the doubters on this.

I do remain your faithful student, but you must stick stricktly to the true word and not get caught up in this biology stuff. A science ruined by non believers.

JAH
22-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Free Thought: That's quite a list of animals there, Doc.

Doc: That's nuthin'. The Bible also mentions the following:
1. Satyrs in Isaiah 13 and 34, KJV
2. Centaurs, also in Isaiah 13 and 34, LXX
3. Dragons in Malachi 1, KJV
4. Fiery serpents in Numbers 21
5. Fire-breathing, scaly-hided monsters (called Behemoths in our earlier list) in Job 40
6. Herbivorous wolves and lions in Isaiah 65
7. Dust eating "serpents", also in Isaiah 65

Free Thought: But this list suggests that the Bible was merely a product of its times, when men believed in the existence of such creatures.

Doc: Two words: Poetic license.

Free Thought: I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Where the Bible anticipates science, it is divinely prescient. Where it contradicts science, it's poetic license.

Doc: You got it! The two most beautiful words in the English language.
23-12-2013, 09:43 AM
RE: DOC'S MASOCHISTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE WE ARE TAUGHT THE WHOLE BIBLE)
Free Thought: While we are discussing the biological sciences, can I ask you a question on botany? In Matthew 13:31-32 Jesus says, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches."

Doc: Yes. Jesus was saying that from humble beginnings, the Gospel would become a mighty force that would shake the whole world.

Free Thought: There's just a couple of things. Jesus calls the mustard seed "the smallest of all the seeds" and says that the mustard grows to become a tree. But, there are seeds far smaller than the mustard seed and the mustard plant is an herb or weed, not a tree. How could the omniscient Son of God make such an elementary error?

Doc: Two words: Literary license. Other than "police brutality", the two most useful words in the English language.
23-12-2013, 12:25 PM
(23-12-2013 09:43 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Free Thought: While we are discussing the biological sciences, can I ask you a question on botany? In Matthew 13:31-32 Jesus says, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches."

Doc: Yes. Jesus was saying that from humble beginnings, the Gospel would become a mighty force that would shake the whole world.

Free Thought: There's just a couple of things. Jesus calls the mustard seed "the smallest of all the seeds" and says that the mustard grows to become a tree. But, there are seeds far smaller than the mustard seed and the mustard plant is an herb or weed, not a tree. How could the omniscient Son of God make such an elementary error?

Doc: Two words: Literary license. Other than "police brutality", the two most useful words in the English language.

Chas pipes up from the back of the room: I find "shot escaping" quite useful.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2013, 03:16 PM
(23-12-2013 12:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  Chas pipes up from the back of the room: I find "shot escaping" quite useful.

Ja, ja. Das ist gut. I also like "intelligent design". Any other favorites?

Doc