Doc's bishopric Sunday School (Noun or adjective? One word or two?)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
07-02-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: DOC'S PACIFIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WHERE WE TEACH THE WHOLE KALPASUTRA)
(07-02-2014 11:55 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 11:37 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Oh yeah, forgot about that. I always hit "Last page" so I haven't seen your first post in a while. I'll definitely check it out :thumbsup

Oh, and by the way, how'd you like Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter? Laugh out load

Didn't go beyond the trailer which was so bad, I loved it. Jesus Christ. Vampires. Martial arts. What's not to like?
Doc

I don't blame you lol, but you seem to be forgetting about the hot lesbian atheist vampires, which was the deciding factor for me personally Blush

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
07-02-2014, 02:00 PM
doc, I owe you great apology. Some pages ago I asked a question about the quote from Zechariah about the "donkey, a colt, foal of a donkey" (or some such) my feeling being that this was one animal. Because of the post of another I went back to the early part of your teachings and found you had answered this question on page 2. I am most ashamed of my failure of memory.

I have called myself your most faithful student. I have failed at that miserably. I will accept the demand of extra study, just don't require I read Revelations again. My mind almost exploded the first time I did.
[+] 2 users Like JAH's post
07-02-2014, 02:22 PM
(07-02-2014 02:00 PM)JAH Wrote:  doc, I owe you great apology. Some pages ago I asked a question about the quote from Zechariah about the "donkey, a colt, foal of a donkey" (or some such) my feeling being that this was one animal. Because of the post of another I went back to the early part of your teachings and found you had answered this question on page 2. I am most ashamed of my failure of memory.

I have called myself your most faithful student. I have failed at that miserably. I will accept the demand of extra study, just don't require I read Revelations again. My mind almost exploded the first time I did.

Couldn't even memorize 86 pages... what a shame... No

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 02:29 PM
(04-02-2014 03:22 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Rank amateurs. Piece of the True Cross? Pish! The Holy Virgin's breast milk? Now you're talking!

John Calvin again, "With regard to the milk, there is not perhaps a town, a convent, or nunnery, where it is not shown in large or small quantities. Indeed, had the Virgin been a wet-nurse her whole life, or a dairy, she could not have produced more than is shown as hers in various parts. How they obtained all this milk they do not say..."

How much for some of the True Milk?

Doc

Holy lactating virgins!
How about Jesus' foreskin? Does anyone claim they have this?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-02-2014, 02:30 PM
(07-02-2014 02:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:22 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Rank amateurs. Piece of the True Cross? Pish! The Holy Virgin's breast milk? Now you're talking!

John Calvin again, "With regard to the milk, there is not perhaps a town, a convent, or nunnery, where it is not shown in large or small quantities. Indeed, had the Virgin been a wet-nurse her whole life, or a dairy, she could not have produced more than is shown as hers in various parts. How they obtained all this milk they do not say..."

How much for some of the True Milk?

Doc

Holy lactating virgins!

That's just too far bro...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
07-02-2014, 02:32 PM
(07-02-2014 02:30 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 02:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Holy lactating virgins!

That's just too far bro...

I bet there are enough claims on this to splice together an enormous schlong! Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-02-2014, 02:34 PM
(07-02-2014 02:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 02:30 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  That's just too far bro...

I bet there are enough claims on this to splice together an enormous schlong! Laughat

Some things are just better left unknown, in my humble opinion of course.

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Im-Ryan, the Catholic Church celebrated the Feast of the Holy Prepuce on Jan. 1 until 1900. Some scholars say that the emperor Charlemagne was praying at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem when an angel brought him the foreskin of Jesus. Later, he gave it to Pope Leo as a present. After passing through many hands, it finally landed in Calcata, Italy and had its own chapel. The Feast of the Holy Prepuce celebrates the circumcision of Jesus. The foreskin was reported to have been responsible for many wonderful miracles.

Moreover, at one point up to 18 foreskins were claimed more or less simultaneously by various churches in Europe.

In 1900, facing a rival claim from a French church which claimed to hold another Holy Foreskin, the Roman church banned the worship of the relic. The last known foreskin was stolen in 1983 from its church in Calcata and its current whereabouts are unknown. Some say secret agents from the Vatican pulled off a daring heist a la Mission Impossible to discourage worship of the relic.

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
07-02-2014, 02:46 PM
(07-02-2014 02:40 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Im-Ryan, the Catholic Church celebrated the Feast of the Holy Prepuce on Jan. 1 until 1900. Some scholars say that the emperor Charlemagne was praying at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem when an angel brought him the foreskin of Jesus. Later, he gave it to Pope Leo as a present. After passing through many hands, it finally landed in Calcata, Italy and had its own chapel. The Feast of the Holy Prepuce celebrates the circumcision of Jesus. The foreskin was reported to have been responsible for many wonderful miracles.

Moreover, at one point up to 18 foreskins were claimed more or less simultaneously by various churches in Europe.

In 1900, facing a rival claim from a French church which claimed to hold another Holy Foreskin, the Roman church banned the worship of the relic. The last known foreskin was stolen in 1983 from its church in Calcata and its current whereabouts are unknown. Some say secret agents from the Vatican pulled off a daring heist a la Mission Impossible to discourage worship of the relic.

Doc

Worship SlavesLaughatBig Grin I am ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Doc!

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-02-2014, 02:46 PM
(07-02-2014 02:40 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Im-Ryan, the Catholic Church celebrated the Feast of the Holy Prepuce on Jan. 1 until 1900. Some scholars say that the emperor Charlemagne was praying at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem when an angel brought him the foreskin of Jesus. Later, he gave it to Pope Leo as a present. After passing through many hands, it finally landed in Calcata, Italy and had its own chapel. The Feast of the Holy Prepuce celebrates the circumcision of Jesus. The foreskin was reported to have been responsible for many wonderful miracles.

Doc

I really don't want to believe this, but at the same time I don't want to google it... So I'll just trust you on this.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post