Doc's mephitic Sunday School (silent but deadly since 2013)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
26-08-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: Doc's stereophonic Sunday School (preaching the gospel in surround sound)
(26-08-2014 10:14 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Im-Ryan: You cretin. Job was using poetic license!

Doc: Actually, I'm American.

(To quote the Duchess of Grantham) :

"Exactly"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Sorry, Bucky. Couldn't resist. Saw this in a medical journal and just had to share.
Doc

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

27-08-2014, 12:03 PM
(26-08-2014 12:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  Doc, I'd like to know wtf Eezy-kill was smokin' in chapter 1? 'Cos that was some good shit. What's with the wheels and the beasts with 4 heads?

Beats me. If I was a betting man, I'd say a bad trip from PCP or LSD. Here's a representation of what he saw:

Ezekiel's vision.

What do you expect from a man who got this prophecy from God? In Ezekiel 4:4-6 God says to Ezekiel,
"Then lie on your left side and put the sin of the people of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the people of Israel."

“After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the people of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year."

The man lay on his side doing nothing for 430 days as a warning to his people! I wanna know: Where can I get such a job?

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
27-08-2014, 12:20 PM
(26-08-2014 02:10 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Sorry, Bucky. Couldn't resist. Saw this in a medical journal and just had to share.
Doc

Ouch
Now there's a new one.
In the hospital I volunteer at, and sit at tele a bit, there's a friend of my dad's who is a young very good-natured Gastroenterologist. He's always got a great new joke or two. Once in a while he walks past if he's on call, and it's gotten to be quite the funny *thing*. If he has this certain grin, we all know he's been in the ER *extracting* something from an orifice that was never intended to *receive* it. Just amazing what humans put where. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-08-2014, 07:02 AM
You know, I've been thinking about Ezekiel. Earlier we talked about him lying on his side for over a year. I've been wondering how he managed for meals and hygiene. I mean, the whole thing could have had a very different ending. Picture the following:

Day 1.
Man: Whatcha doing, Ezekiel?
Ezekiel: Proclaiming the wrath of God against Israel!
Man: Alrighty, then.

Day 100.

Day 391:
Ezekiel: Proclaiming the wrath of God against Judah!

Day 430:
Silence.
Man: Shoot! How many times did I remind you to fill up the prophet's dish and bowl before we left on vacation? Oh well. Time for a ride on the porcelain express. And someone open a window.
[+] 4 users Like docskeptic's post
28-08-2014, 07:05 AM
(28-08-2014 07:02 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  You know, I've been thinking about Ezekiel. Earlier we talked about him lying on his side for over a year. I've been wondering how he managed for meals and hygiene. I mean, the whole thing could have had a very different ending. Picture the following:

Day 1.

Day 100.

Day 391:
Ezekiel: Proclaiming the wrath of God against Judah!

Day 430:
Silence.
Man: Shoot! How many times did I remind you to fill up the prophet's dish and bowl before we left on vacation? Oh well. Time for a ride on the porcelain express. And someone open a window.

Twisted but funny!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-10-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: Doc's bellerophonic Sunday School (proclaiming the good news since 2013)
Anyone seen the Professor? I thought class started today.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-10-2014, 03:57 PM
(22-10-2014 03:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Anyone seen the Professor? I thought class started today.

He has been posting in other threads within the last few days, so he's around.
22-10-2014, 07:06 PM
(22-10-2014 03:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 03:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Anyone seen the Professor? I thought class started today.

He has been posting in other threads within the last few days, so he's around.

It's not Wednesdayschool.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-10-2014, 07:41 PM
(22-10-2014 07:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 03:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  He has been posting in other threads within the last few days, so he's around.

It's not Wednesdayschool.

Blink Facepalm

Smile