Doc's mephitic Sunday School (silent but deadly since 2013)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
04-01-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: OCD's neurotic Sunday School
(04-01-2015 11:45 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Awesome quiz Smile

My answer to each question and any further questions is "Goddidit". If you ask me to elaborate, I'll start describing how much you're gonna roast in hell.

....unless he repents right?
And gets down on his knees in order to accept Christ inside him?

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
05-01-2015, 12:34 AM
(04-01-2015 11:47 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:45 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Awesome quiz Smile

My answer to each question and any further questions is "Goddidit". If you ask me to elaborate, I'll start describing how much you're gonna roast in hell.

....unless he repents right?
And gets down on his knees in order to accept Christ inside him?

Don't forget the party favors!

[Image: tsg-force-3-knee-pad-large.jpg]

[Image: jj-1141_1z.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-01-2015, 12:44 AM
I've heard you can even pre-pent, I saw it in the davinci code or something.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
05-01-2015, 01:26 AM
(04-01-2015 06:55 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 03:33 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Referring back once again to Daniel 10:3, where we read of the devil resisting or detaining Jesus somehow for 21 days. Jesus then calls Michael for help and manages to break out of his detention.

However, this is not the only time that the devil gets the upper hand. In Jude 1:9 it says that "even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"" So, once again we see that it takes at least two persons to handle the devil with one of them being God (or Jesus). Even so, they are just about able to contain the devil, not defeat him.

Consider that it took God the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus the Son with 2/3rds of the loyal angels to eject the devil and 1/3rd of the disloyal angels from heaven (Revelation 12:3-9). Also, the devil seems to be on easy terms with the Trinity. He can waltz into heaven at any time, bet against God the Father (see Job) and hobnob with Jesus in the desert. At the very least, all this evidence seems to point to the Devil as a deity in his own right, maybe even the 'right' deity. Maybe we're worshiping the 'wrong' God?

Doc

Why should I be surprised at these crazy biblical interpretations? There are obvious problems that arise as soon as these characters start being interpreted as a symbolic representation for someone else.
I suppose the correct term is Vaticinium ex eventu "prophecy from the event", I like calling it Jesus caulk, you just squeeze him into whatever crack you want filled, but it doesn't really work, so Jesus is more like tooth paste masquerading as caulk.

Once again, Christians are using snake-oil salesman tactics to sell Jesus.

Can you get it back in the tube if you get it wrong ?

As far as OCD Sunday School goes, : I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for a very important date, but I have to wash my hands again. Confused

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-01-2015, 02:02 AM
I want to know why some characters die more than once and in different ways. Talk about being a drama queen.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
05-01-2015, 02:04 AM
(05-01-2015 02:02 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I want to know why some characters die more than once and in different ways. Talk about being a drama queen.

Oh, like the death of Judas Iscariot? Did he hang himself, or was a struck down by god's wrath personally?

Or, you know, did he even exist? Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
05-01-2015, 02:23 AM
Yeah, that sort of stuff. And the death(s) of Saul. It buggers my mind that people can take this shit seriously as supposed historical accounts when it can't even get this sort of thing straight.

05-01-2015, 07:18 AM
(04-01-2015 05:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 04:46 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  "Jesus caulk"! Never heard that before. Love it!

Doc

Mary Magdelene did too if I recall. Angel

No. She can't have. Caulk wasn't invented until the 19th century.
Doc
05-01-2015, 09:01 AM
(05-01-2015 07:18 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 05:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Mary Magdelene did too if I recall. Angel

Doc

I'm pretty sure she had some kind of caulk business. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-01-2015, 09:03 AM
(05-01-2015 07:18 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 05:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Mary Magdelene did too if I recall. Angel

Doc

Oh! That “caulk”.

I thought you meant...er...nevermind Blush

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce