Doc's mephitic Sunday School (silent but deadly since 2013)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
15-01-2017, 09:30 AM
RE: Doc's polyuric Sunday School (dribbling out knowledge since 2013)
(15-01-2017 08:44 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 11:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  A Rusty Scimitar™?

Yanbu muddy river?

A fartwa?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
16-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Carrying on with the instructive and edifying Hadith (or, as I like to call it, TMI):

"I placed water for the bath of the Prophet. He washed his hands twice or thrice and then poured water on his left hand and washed his private parts. He rubbed his hands over the earth (and cleaned them), rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out, washed his face and both forearms and then poured water over his body. Then he withdrew from that place and washed his feet."

Narrated by Maimuna, Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 257.

Note that in his infinite wisdom, Allah's Apostle washed his mouth, face and hands after he washed his private parts.

Doc
[+] 6 users Like docskeptic's post
17-01-2017, 12:20 AM
(16-01-2017 12:55 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Note that in his infinite wisdom, Allah's Apostle washed his mouth, face and hands after he washed his private parts.

They seem a bit obsessed with washing...?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-01-2017, 10:07 AM
(17-01-2017 12:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 12:55 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Note that in his infinite wisdom, Allah's Apostle washed his mouth, face and hands after he washed his private parts.

They seem a bit obsessed with washing...?

Not a bit of it. The form was more important than any actual cleansing. Here's an example narrated by Al-A'mash, Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 7, Number 343:

('Ammar) said: I was sent out by Allah's Apostle for some job and I became Junub (sexually incontinent or post-coital) and could not find water so I rolled myself over the dust like an animal does, and when I told the Prophet of that he said, 'Like this would have been sufficient.' The Prophet (saying so) lightly stroked the earth with his hand once and blew it off, then passed his (left) hand over the back of his right hand or his (right) hand over the back of his left hand and then passed them over his face.'

Doc
17-01-2017, 12:02 PM
(17-01-2017 10:07 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 12:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  They seem a bit obsessed with washing...?

Not a bit of it. The form was more important than any actual cleansing. Here's an example narrated by Al-A'mash, Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 7, Number 343:

('Ammar) said: I was sent out by Allah's Apostle for some job and I became Junub (sexually incontinent or post-coital) and could not find water so I rolled myself over the dust like an animal does, and when I told the Prophet of that he said, 'Like this would have been sufficient.' The Prophet (saying so) lightly stroked the earth with his hand once and blew it off, then passed his (left) hand over the back of his right hand or his (right) hand over the back of his left hand and then passed them over his face.'

Doc

Not many things leave me speechless. This does. Unsure

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-01-2017, 03:03 PM
(17-01-2017 12:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  Not many things leave me speechless. This does. Unsure

Dom, if that left you speechless, what will you think of the following?:

Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?"

He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?"

He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

Narrated by Abu Said Al-Khudri, Sahih Bukari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301.
18-01-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: Doc's schismatic Sunday School (splitting hairs since 2013)
(16-01-2017 12:55 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Carrying on with the instructive and edifying Hadith (or, as I like to call it, TMI):

"I placed water for the bath of the Prophet. He washed his hands twice or thrice and then poured water on his left hand and washed his private parts. He rubbed his hands over the earth (and cleaned them), rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out, washed his face and both forearms and then poured water over his body. Then he withdrew from that place and washed his feet."

Narrated by Maimuna, Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 257.

Note that in his infinite wisdom, Allah's Apostle washed his mouth, face and hands after he washed his private parts.

Doc

Question: How does one "rub their hands over the Earth and get them clean? If it was the midwestern US, I would interpret that as rubbing wet hands on the grass. However, Saudi Arabia isn't exactly known for their copious amounts of grass so can you fill me in on how this is supposed to get one's hands clean? I would imagine it would get one's hands sandy right before they were placed in his mouth.

As a side note: this reads like early gay erotica. I only can speculate there were no arabic words for "supple," "fireman," or "swimmer's build."

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
18-01-2017, 09:21 PM
(17-01-2017 10:07 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 12:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  They seem a bit obsessed with washing...?

Doc

Another question: What "job" was 'Ammar sent out on where he became Junub and why was his first thought to find water and when that didn't work, to roll in the dirt? Wasn't the "job" over and that may have been why he was Junnub?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
19-01-2017, 12:01 AM
(18-01-2017 03:03 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 12:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  Not many things leave me speechless. This does. Unsure

Dom, if that left you speechless, what will you think of the following?:

Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?"

He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?"

He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

Narrated by Abu Said Al-Khudri, Sahih Bukari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301.

True wisdom from Allah's apostle Dodgy Women are less intelligent because it is customary to treat them that way. Mind you there's plenty of fuckers who think the same way in the Western world.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-01-2017, 07:17 AM
(18-01-2017 09:21 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 10:07 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Not a bit of it. The form was more important than any actual cleansing. Here's an example narrated by Al-A'mash, Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 7, Number 343:

Doc

Another question: What "job" was 'Ammar sent out on where he became Junub and why was his first thought to find water and when that didn't work, to roll in the dirt? Wasn't the "job" over and that may have been why he was Junnub?

OK. It might help to clarify what the Hadith is. It is a collection of oral traditions relating to sayings and practices of Mohammad that act as a guide for how Muslims should conduct their lives. The Sahih Bukhari is one of six Hadiths comprised of several thousand traditions (many of them duplicates). It was complied by Muhammad al-Bukhari in the 9th century. It supposedly preserves traditions from the prophet himself or from those intimately connected with him.

The individual traditions relate to practices or sayings of the prophet and often refer to situations (like 'Ammar's "job") which are seldom clarified. Basically, the point to be made is WWMD, (What Would Mohammad Do?).

Doc