Doc's mephitic Sunday School (silent but deadly since 2013)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: DOC'S TITANIC THUNDAY THCHOOL (ITS UNTHINKABLE)
(02-06-2013 05:45 PM)kim Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 05:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Infalliblly Declared Dogmas of the Catholic Church concerning Mary:
106. Also after the Birth of Jesus Mary remained a Virgin.
107. Mary was a Virgin before, during and after the Birth of Jesus Christ.

Hmm... Consider I don't know anything about "Declared Dogmas" or whatever - I only know what that fukakta book says. After Jesus is born, Mary is still half human and half god and still referred to as "The Immaculate Conception". However, according to at least one book - Matthew I think - she has more children, presumably by Jesus' step Dad Joseph. Jesus' brothers & sisters were reportedly just as hot as Jesus was said to be. I have no idea what their super powers might have been - possibly something with animals in the Dr Doolittle vein, spoon bending maybe. Certainly they were all fairly successful... if not, one would have heard.

So, this "Declared Dogma"... it's just told to people? People don't read this shit for themselves? That's kind of .... uhm... blindly following, don't you think? Or is that the point? Dodgy

Thats the basic concept in motion. Listen and do as we tell you. It's why Rome picked Paulanity for their national religion.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 06:59 PM
(02-06-2013 05:45 PM)kim Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 05:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Infalliblly Declared Dogmas of the Catholic Church concerning Mary:

Hmm... Consider I don't know anything about "Declared Dogmas" or whatever - I only know what that fukakta book says. After Jesus is born, Mary is still half human and half god and still referred to as "The Immaculate Conception". However, according to at least one book - Matthew I think - she has more children, presumably by Jesus' step Dad Joseph. Jesus' brothers & sisters were reportedly just as hot as Jesus was said to be. I have no idea what their super powers might have been - possibly something with animals in the Dr Doolittle vein, spoon bending maybe. Certainly they were all fairly successful... if not, one would have heard.

So, this "Declared Dogma"... it's just told to people? People don't read this shit for themselves? That's kind of .... uhm... blindly following, don't you think? Or is that the point? Dodgy

Kim, In the event you want an explanation for any of these you can go here http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07674d.htm but be forwarned, your head will explode. I have tried reading though some of their explanations and I believe there motto is:

Vitare cum eis mendacium

Baffle them with bullshit

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
(02-06-2013 05:18 PM)kim Wrote:  What? You don't like Asian women? They're hot - probably the most beautiful women on the planet.

Agreed. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-06-2013, 11:07 PM
(02-06-2013 05:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 03:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is one of those Catholic dogmas that has always baffled me. If God needed a perfect vessel for himself wouldn't Mary's mother have to be Immaculately Conceived as well, and her mother, and her mother and so on. Cause the concept of original sin says all humans are born with it so if Jesus is even 1/975,256ths Human and the rest Devine he still has that taint. How many Generations does Jesus need to be removed from the taint of original Sin and if thats the case wouldn't the rest of us just need to wait out those number of generations?

The Infalliblly Declared Dogmas of the Catholic Church concerning Mary:

102. Mary is truly the Mother of God.
103. Mary was conceived without stain of Original sin.
104. Mary conceived by the Holy Ghost without the co-operation of man.
105. Mary bore her Son without any violation of her virginal integrity.
108. Mary was assumed body and soul into Heaven.

Look you don't have to know how, you just gotta believe Yes

All these pesky questions...jeesh Angel

Hey, maybe the holy ghost was a 21 st century time travelling doctor from a fertility clinic. He impregnated Mary without having sex, and thought he was god. Then Mary gave birth to Jeebus without pain and without busting her hymen....an epidural and caesarian section.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
02-06-2013, 11:08 PM
(02-06-2013 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 05:18 PM)kim Wrote:  What? You don't like Asian women? They're hot - probably the most beautiful women on the planet.

Agreed. Drinking Beverage

I'll second that
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2013, 11:08 PM
(02-06-2013 11:07 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

102. Mary is truly the Mother of God.
103. Mary was conceived without stain of Original sin.
104. Mary conceived by the Holy Ghost without the co-operation of man.
105. Mary bore her Son without any violation of her virginal integrity.
108. Mary was assumed body and soul into Heaven.

Look you don't have to know how, you just gotta believe Yes

All these pesky questions...jeesh Angel

Hey, maybe the holy ghost was a 21 st century time travelling doctor from a fertility clinic. He impregnated Mary without having sex, and thought he was god. Then Mary gave birth to Jeebus without pain and without busting her hymen....an epidural and caesarian section.

But that would imply that her taint was intact when Jesus was born, hence, putting the kibosh on that whole Immaculate Conception thing. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
03-06-2013, 06:13 AM
(02-06-2013 05:05 PM)kim Wrote:  Seriously? Jesus was three parts god and one part human. He'd done some traveling in the east where he sowed a ton of wild oats. Asian women - nuf said. Next thing he knew, he was 30 - he was ready to settle down by the time he hooked up with Mary Magdalene. The double M - hottest chick in town.

Kim: Did you hear me? About Jesus being an itinerant monk, I mean?

Doc, sipping a large cup of black coffee, looks around with bleary eyes: Yes, I wasn't dru..., I mean asleep, you know. I was just meditating on the answer. Of course, Jesus was never a monk, itinerant or otherwise. That theory has been around since the 1800s and is now only seriously believed in by the Ahmaddiyya sect of Muslims and by members of the Church Universal and Triumphant. Ignore it, m'lass. There is no proof that Jesus ever left Palestine.

Kim: But didn't he flee to Egypt as an infant to escape the wrath of Herod the Great?

Doc, gingerly placing an ice-pack on his head: Ah, yes. I'd forgotten that. Matthew 2:15 says that he did so to fulfill the prophecy in Hosea 11:1 which says, "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son."

Kim: Apropos of that portion, how can it be Christ that was the object of the prophecy when Hosea goes on to say in verse 2, "But the more I called Israel, the further they went from me. They sacrificed to the Baals and they burned incense to images"? Also, it says in Matthew 2:14-21, that the Holy Family stayed in Egypt till the death of Herod the Great. We know that Herod died in 4 BCE and if we grant that Jesus was born that same year, it beggars belief that Joseph would have made a several hundred mile desert roundtrip in a matter of months with a wife who recently delivered and an infant. Isn't it more likely that Matthew made up the prophecy (as he did others) to bolster the claim that Jesus was the Messiah?

Doc: Oooh! My aching head! Where IS that aspirin?
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
03-06-2013, 05:01 PM
There once was a planet named Earth
Whose inhabitants loved laughter and mirth
Then along came a god
Who thought it all quite odd
Since then, of joy there's been a dearth

The mike's open.

Doc
[+] 5 users Like docskeptic's post
03-06-2013, 05:03 PM
(03-06-2013 05:01 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  There once was a planet named Earth
Then along came a god

The mike's open.

Doc

Nice freestyle, Doc. Drop some Jay-Z behind ya get a good beat and I think we got us double platinum.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-06-2013, 05:09 PM
DOC'S TITANIC THUNDAY THCHOOL (ITS UNTHINKABLE)
(03-06-2013 05:01 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  There once was a planet named Earth
Then along came a god

The mike's open.

Doc

Not dirty enough for traditional limerickism. Needs more sex! It doesn't even feature nudity or bodily functions!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post