Doc's mephitic Sunday School (silent but deadly since 2013)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
05-12-2013, 09:15 AM
RE: DOC-JONG-IL'S DEMOCRATIC SUNDAY SCHOOL
(05-12-2013 09:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  DOC-JONG-IL'S DEMOCRATIC SUNDAY SCHOOL Laughat

Excellent!

Yeah this is one of his better titles. The People's Republic of Sunday School, where everyone is happy because sadness is illegal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-12-2013, 10:07 AM
(This is THE BEST thread EVER on TTA .. Jebus tole me I prophesy it will get the TTA thread of the year award ).

I just called my umm, ... "doctor", yeah that's it, "doctor", and asked for a prescription for some St. Upid pills. (He roared at me.). He said they were not indicated for my "condition" and he said he would only give me a Valium generic, called Damnitol. Dodgy Damn doctors and their stingy rx'ing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-12-2013, 11:19 AM
(05-12-2013 10:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  (This is THE BEST thread EVER on TTA .. Jebus tole me I prophesy it will get the TTA thread of the year award ).

I just called my umm, ... "doctor", yeah that's it, "doctor", and asked for a prescription for some St. Upid pills. (He roared at me.). He said they were not indicated for my "condition" and he said he would only give me a Valium generic, called Damnitol. Dodgy Damn doctors and their stingy rx'ing.

I fully second this sentiment. Whenever someone asks me if I have anything they should read this thread and Mark's Paul of Tarsus are always what I respond with. Doc you are a master of satire and can make a point without the vitriol that can sometimes infect the ridicule of the inanities of the believers in sky fairies.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-12-2013, 01:17 PM
(05-12-2013 10:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  (This is THE BEST thread EVER on TTA .. Jebus tole me I prophesy it will get the TTA thread of the year award ).

Haven't you tried Phucol? No side effects.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
06-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Chas: Doc, wake up. I have a question. Luke 2:52 says that Jesus "grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

Doc: Technically, that's not a question, but of course he had to. He started life as a baby, didn't he? Oh, my head!

Chas: Well, to grow in stature involves the accretion of bone and soft tissue. Where did this come from in the case of Jesus? When Jesus ate food, what happened to it? Was it digested and metabolized as it is in the rest of us? Were the constituents then incorporated into the body of Jesus? Can ordinary meat and vegetables become divine?

Doc, you've been indulging again, haven't you?

Doc: Cacatne ursus in sylvis?
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
06-12-2013, 09:00 PM
*Raises his hand* "Doc, I got a question for you. How can the universe be only 6000 years old but science still work when every field of science is dependent in one way or another on the consistency of things like nuclear decay or the speed of light. Since for all of modern science to work the universe must be within a marginal range of 13.798±0.037 billion years and we know that modern science does work, doesn't that mean that the 6000 year old universe is an untenable myth?

07-12-2013, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 12:28 PM by docskeptic.)
RE: DOC-OCK'S ARACHNOPHOBIC SUNDAY SCHOOL
(06-12-2013 09:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  *Raises his hand* "Doc, I got a question for you. How can the universe be only 6000 years old but science still work when every field of science is dependent in one way or another on the consistency of things like nuclear decay or the speed of light. Since for all of modern science to work the universe must be within a marginal range of 13.798±0.037 billion years and we know that modern science does work, doesn't that mean that the 6000 year old universe is an untenable myth?

Doc: How naïve you are Rev, to be sure. Of course, the universe is only 6,000 years old. The sainted bishop Ussher (Peanut Butter Upon Him) calculated the age of the universe as such, based on the genealogical records in the Bible.

Rev: But look at the evidence. Nuclear decay, the constant speed of light, and radiometric data all point to an incalculably old universe.

Doc: That's all a bunch of hooey. Other scientists have come up with a much shorter age for the universe based on cutting edge science such as the variable speed of light. One of them even said "Saturn's rings look new and shiny" and notes that comets should have lost all their mass by now, if the universe was billions of years old.

Rev: Who are these "scientists"? Where are they based?

Doc (clearing his throat): The Institute for Creation Research

Rev: I didn't catch that.

Doc: The Institute for Creation Research!

10 minutes later.

Rev, wiping the tears from his eyes: Doc, you're something else!

Doc: Why, thank you! I'm flattered.

Rev: Really? I don't smell anything.
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
07-12-2013, 09:48 AM
(06-12-2013 09:51 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Chas: Doc, wake up. I have a question. Luke 2:52 says that Jesus "grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

Doc: Technically, that's not a question, but of course he had to. He started life as a baby, didn't he? Oh, my head!

Chas: Well, to grow in stature involves the accretion of bone and soft tissue. Where did this come from in the case of Jesus? When Jesus ate food, what happened to it? Was it digested and metabolized as it is in the rest of us? Were the constituents then incorporated into the body of Jesus? Can ordinary meat and vegetables become divine?

Bucky : (ripping up more paper to throw spitballs when teach's back is turned)
mumbling to Doc .. "what a buncha dumbasses. So ... think about it for about 0.25 seconds. IF this Jebus dude 'grew' in *wisdom and stature* with pops and the frat, then OBVIOUSLY he was not *perfect* in the first place, AND could not have been a deity". Woops. There goes *filioque procedit*. What ? Are theologians retarded ? Theology really IS "the bastard child of philosophy" (Chas). Chas. Chas wake up. This class is not THAT boring.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Doc, Doc ... Doc?

Can I go to the restroom, please?

This Sunday school class has been going on for months without a break.

Are we ever going to be allowed home?

07-12-2013, 11:34 AM
(07-12-2013 09:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 09:51 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Chas: Doc, wake up. I have a question. Luke 2:52 says that Jesus "grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

Bucky : (ripping up more paper to throw spitballs when teach's back is turned)
mumbling to Doc .. "what a buncha dumbasses. So ... think about it for about 0.25 seconds. IF this Jebus dude 'grew' in *wisdom and stature* with pops and the frat, then OBVIOUSLY he was not *perfect* in the first place, AND could not have been a deity". Woops. There goes *filioque procedit*. What ? Are theologians retarded ? Theology really IS "the bastard child of philosophy" (Chas). Chas. Chas wake up. This class is not THAT boring.

Huh? Wha? Boring? Theology? Quod papa est catholicus?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post