Doc's mephitic Sunday School (silent but deadly since 2013)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
09-01-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: DOC'S NON-ALCOHOLIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (WE HAVEN'T HAD SPIRITS HERE SINCE 1969)
Damn, this thread is great! Clap
Mind if mimic it in an email debate with a family member? I'd love to use your pop quizzes Evil_monster

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 01:11 PM
(09-01-2014 11:53 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Damn, this thread is great! Clap
Mind if mimic it in an email debate with a family member? I'd love to use your pop quizzes Evil_monster

Im_Ryan,
Be my guest. Welcome to the forum!
Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
09-01-2014, 01:21 PM
(09-01-2014 01:11 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Im_Ryan,
Be my guest. Welcome to the forum!
Doc

Thanks Smile
Keep up the lessons, I'll be following along closely Smartass

Atir aissom atir imon
09-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Doc, you're my hero. The Bible test worked like a charm Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon
09-01-2014, 08:15 PM
(09-01-2014 05:56 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Doc, you're my hero. The Bible test worked like a charm Thumbsup

Im_Ryan,
Thanks for the compliment. Glad I could be of service. Care to give us the gory details?
Doc
09-01-2014, 08:35 PM
(09-01-2014 08:15 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 05:56 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Doc, you're my hero. The Bible test worked like a charm Thumbsup

Im_Ryan,
Thanks for the compliment. Glad I could be of service. Care to give us the gory details?
Doc

Well, I was carpooling with the person. I told him to get out his Bible (the app on his phone) and told him that I want to test his knowledge of the Bible (I already found the answers). So I preceded to ask him each question. When he didn't know I would give him the verses you mentioned with each (keep in mind, I'm using your FIRST quiz). Each time he would give the obvious wrong answer, so I'd tell him to read it again. He would just sit there silently. By the end of the quiz he didn't say anything. Kinda feel bad, but I'm pretty sure I won't be hearing anything about religion anytime soon

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
10-01-2014, 10:43 AM
(09-01-2014 11:08 AM)JAH Wrote:  Hey what happened to bible study.

Forget all that old testament stuff. It was made irrelevant by the glorious new testament. I asked before for a study of revelations and all its important predictions. I humbly ask for a detailed study. I particularly am interested in the use of numbers.

JAH,
See my recent PM to you.
Regards,
Doc
12-01-2014, 10:17 AM
RE: DOC'S TERRORIFIC MADRASSA
(10-01-2014 10:43 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:08 AM)JAH Wrote:  Hey what happened to bible study.

Forget all that old testament stuff. It was made irrelevant by the glorious new testament. I asked before for a study of revelations and all its important predictions. I humbly ask for a detailed study. I particularly am interested in the use of numbers.

JAH,
See my recent PM to you.
Regards,
Doc

Could I get a copy of that pm as well? I'm looking forward to the next possible Bible study...

Atir aissom atir imon
19-01-2014, 12:04 PM
(27-05-2013 08:01 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Peanut: Doc, in an earlier class, you said that Jesus was able to walk on water by means of a supernatural phase transition. In other words, he was able to transform liquid into solid instantaneously. Isn't that extremely unlikely? Could there be another solution to this miracle?

Doc: Yes! Jesus's body was capable of some miraculous feats, among which was the ability to walk on water. Perhaps he achieved this by locally solidifying the water or by local anti-gravity or by making his body lighter-than-air. The gospels also record other miraculous feats. One amazing property that Jesus’s body had was the ability to vanish at will (Luke 24:31). In this story, Jesus appears to two of his followers as they are walking to Emmaus. They don’t recognize him immediately and he falls into conversation with them. After they describe the recent events that have shaken Jerusalem, Jesus discourses with them about himself. Just as they are about to partake of a meal together, they suddenly recognize him, at which point he promptly vanishes from their sight.

Some conservative scholars like John Gill suggest that this was not a true vanishing or disappearance, but that “agility being a property of his risen body, he very suddenly, and swiftly, and in a moment, withdrew himself from them.” Since Jesus had done something similar to this on two separate occasions prior to his death (miraculously passing through a crowd that was ready to stone him in Luke 4:30 and John 8:59), it has been suggested that his pre-resurrection body had also been endowed with remarkable speed and agility, which enabled him to elude his enemies!

Peanut: Did he also say "Beep, beep", flap his tongue and disappear in a cloud of dust?

Consider Funny, it always sounded like "meep, meep" to me, but whatever you say, doc. Tongue

I am joining the class late, but I am furiously reading through your previous lessons and soon I shall be all caught up. I'm at the front of the class, by the way. Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
19-01-2014, 02:23 PM
(02-06-2013 04:49 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 02:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Doc, maybe you could weigh in on a debate topic from another thread:

Since Jesus was fully human and tempted like us in every way, did Jesus have erections? And, what did he use to clean up his wet dream aftermath?

Doc: Erxomai, the first question we need to ask is: Do we know for a fact that Jesus was a male? The following will adduce sufficient proof for that. We know that he was circumcised on the eighth day after his birth, which means he had to have had something to circumcise. Moreover, a passage in Isaiah (50:6) has been applied as a prophecy about the maltreatment of Jesus and says, “I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard” (a male characteristic). Last, during his torture and when he was on the cross, he may have been naked, enabling everyone to confirm that he was most definitely a male.

If, then, Jesus was a male, he had to have all the necessary appertunances that pertain to a male, specifically, a pair of testicles, a penis, a pair of seminal vesicles, and a prostate gland. Now, as a “normal” male, Jesus must have had normal testicular function, including both hormonal production and spermatogenesis. We know that the hormonal component probably functioned without a hitch, since Jesus probably had secondary sexual characteristics such as a deep voice and the height, muscle mass, and hair distribution appropriate for a male (see my earlier comments regarding proof that Jesus was a male). But what about the spermatogenesis component? If Jesus produced sperm, what purpose did it serve, since the only purpose of sperm is that of reproduction? And how can a son of God reproduce? Did Jesus ever achieve an emission of sperm, nocturnal or otherwise (approximately 80 to 90 percent of males experience one during their lifetime)? If Jesus did not produce sperm, then how could he have been the perfect man?

From where did he learn about the birds and the bees? Did he learn from the neighborhood know-it-all? Or did Joseph sit him down and have a heart-to-heart? If he was anything like most young boys, the description must have left him either confused or titillated. And what did he do with that knowledge? As far as we can tell, Jesus never did translate theory into practice.

Here's something to think about. As a male, Jesus had a 44+ XY genetic complement. Where did the Y chromosome come from? (In a normal male fetus, the Y chromosome is contributed by the father.) And what genetic sequences were hand-picked by God to be included in that chromosome? Many inherited diseases are sex-linked, i.e. related to disorders of the sex chromosomes, so picking perfect sequences gave Jesus an unfair advantage over the rest of us schmucks.

Doc

Heh-heh - "penis" Evil_monster

I mean... interesting lesson, Doc. Interesting indeed. Yes

I am now all caught up. You can go ahead and dub me Teacher's Pet now, thanks. Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post