Doc's mephitic Sunday School (silent but deadly since 2013)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
15-02-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: DOC'S DYSTOPIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (IN HEAVEN AS ON EARTH)
(14-02-2014 12:04 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  ...hasn't watched harry potter...
...that movie...

(15-02-2014 03:38 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Go watch all of them...

(15-02-2014 04:43 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  ... never seen harry potter....

They're books, you troglodytes.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
15-02-2014, 10:57 AM
RE: DOC'S DYSTOPIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (IN HEAVEN AS ON EARTH)
(15-02-2014 03:38 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Go watch all of them now. We'll wait...

(15-02-2014 04:43 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  seriously! grown ass adult never seen harry potter.... make your own decisions, man! Tongue

When they first came out I wanted to watch them, now I don't really care. I'm not really into that magical wizard stuff.

(15-02-2014 09:13 AM)cjlr Wrote:  They're books, you troglodytes.

I know, but you get what I'm saying.
Besides, no way in hell am I reading all that shit. You'd be lucky (or a hot chick Tongue) to get me to even watch the movies.

Atir aissom atir imon
23-02-2014, 07:09 AM
RE: DOC'S NARCISSISTIC SUNDAY SCHOOL
So, some fool elsewhere in this forum suggested that Jesus was a Jedi because he was born of a virgin. The idea, while impossible, may have some merits. Since Jedi have superhuman speed and strength, it might explain some of Jesus' miracles. We know that he had superhuman speed, since that is how he vanished in front of the two disciples at Emmaus. Could that speed have helped him walk across the water?

Walking on water
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
23-02-2014, 07:53 AM
RE: DOC'S SCIENTIFIC SUNDAY SCHOOL
And here's a human example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfwldzMsQ9o

Doc
23-02-2014, 09:22 AM
(23-02-2014 07:09 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, some fool elsewhere in this forum suggested that Jesus was a Jedi because he was born of a virgin. The idea, while impossible, may have some merits. Since Jedi have superhuman speed and strength, it might explain some of Jesus' miracles. We know that he had superhuman speed, since that is how he vanished in front of the two disciples at Emmaus. Could that speed have helped him walk across the water?

Walking on water

Well Assuming that Jeebus was a Jedi he was most likely a Consular (green lightsaber) as he showed little martial skills but used plenty of force tricks. My guess is he just used Force Persuade and told people he did the impossible. Much easier to fool a bunch of savages like that than to actually try and raise the dead. *Waves hand* "I walked on water." "You walked on water, lord."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Wait. Mind tricks only work on the weak-minded, so that can't be the answer. I teach this stuff and that would mean that I...

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
23-02-2014, 12:22 PM
(23-02-2014 12:16 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Wait. Mind tricks only work on the weak-minded, so that can't be the answer. I teach this stuff and that would mean that I...

Doc

*Waves Hand* Those who question the bible are fools.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-02-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: DOC'S CHRONIC SUNDAY SCHOOL (IT JUST GOES ON AND ON...)
Revenant: Hey, doc. Question.

Doc: Yes?

Revenant: I've been studying the minor prophets and was wondering if you could clarify something.

Doc. Certainly, m'lad. What is it?

Revenant: Well, conservative scholars place the prophet Jonah anywhere from 750-800 BCE. After surviving being swallowed by a big fish (not a whale!), he preached against the wickedness of Nineveh in Assyria.

Doc: Yes, that shows God's mercy. He was not willing that any should perish. Thanks to Jonah's efforts, the entire city of Nineveh, led by its king, repented and was spared destruction by God. Nineveh had at least 120,000 children in it, so the total population must have been close to half a million.

Revenant: Well, that's just it. The prophet Nahum is placed by conservative scholars somehere in the 600-650 BCE time frame. His book deals with the complete destruction of Nineveh for "playing the harlot" and for "wickedness". Why did God spare the city in Jonah's time, just to have it "laid waste" (Nah. 3:7) in Nahum's time just a 100-150 years later? Why did he not send another prophet to preach repentance?

Doc: Ummm... 'cos he's not a God of second chances?
28-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey Doc I have a legit question about the story of David and Goliath. I was reading the KJV version and got a bit confused during 1 Samuel 17:50-51.
Where did David get his sword? If you look back at 1 Samuel 17:39-40, he didn't take one with him. Then if you look at 1 Samuel 17:4-7 you'll notice there's no mention of Goliath having a sword either...

Atir aissom atir imon
01-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Im_Ryan,
I think the first question to ask is, "who killed Goliath?".

In 2 Sam. 21:19, we read that "... there was war with the Philistines again at Gob, and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Bethlehemite killed Goliath the Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam."

So, if David did not kill Goliath, your question is moot. Thoughts?

Doc