Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi
What does everyone think of the new Doctor so far? Only one episode so far with a DALEK Episode on the 30th! I am super excited about that one!

I am not sure what to think of peter. He seems a little bit addled and nothing like the other two doctors before him. I am intrigued to find out what else he has in store. He most definitely has not made the massive splash that Matt Smith made during the last series.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2014, 01:43 AM
RE: Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi
I like that they're talking about the differences in the show, like his accent and how old he looks. I think I'll end up liking him. Smile

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
29-08-2014, 01:50 AM
[Image: 20140826_3185.jpg]

http://www.reallifecomics.com/

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 06:07 AM
So... Did I miss the premier?

Capaldi doesn't really look promising... Then again, I wasn't a fan of Smith when I first saw him, and I ended up loving his veiny frankenskull face.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-08-2014, 06:45 AM
He was okay in the premiere. It's going to take time to develop a character and give people a chance to get over Matt.
29-08-2014, 06:48 AM
I don't trust Moffat to make the seemingly interesting ongoing plot points pay off, so they hold no value to me. The episode on its own was merely OK. The whole android subplot seemed tacked on. It didn't make any sense outside of the earlier episode about the same thing, and didn't make any sense at all in context within the episode. I gave up trying to like it when they deployed a balloon made of human skin.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
29-08-2014, 04:40 PM
I like him so far, I'm hoping the "addled" stuff wears off as the season progresses. Hoping it was all just the after effects of the regeneration. Remember David Tennant? He was in a coma recuperating for most of his first episode iirc.

I like how he is a bit more standoffish, yet still funny.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
30-08-2014, 03:59 PM
New Doctor looks like DLJ. Just saying.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2014, 06:48 PM
I love me some Dark Doctor. The story was meh, but the Doctor was great. Clara and Company were shit, and I hope they don't focus of that godforsaken trio again. Had enough of them during Smith's era.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
30-08-2014, 06:59 PM
The new episode is called something like "Into the Dalek" I'm hoping thats hinting at a closing loop with Clara. (Her being in a Dalek)
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post