Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 07:15 AM
RE: Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi
(20-01-2015 02:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 01:35 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Martha was OK in the first episode and then whined for the rest of her time with the doctor. I just wanted to slap her.

She is a capable independent young woman as long as she is nowhere near The Doctor. The moment she gets near him she becomes whiny and insufferable. For the record best companion is either Sarah Jane or The Girl who waited depending if you want old school or new school.

I actually liked Romana or Ace better than Sarah, but in terms of like in universe, yeah she has met pretty much all the Doctors in one form or another ( this is counting the comics, etc), and Amy was pretty awesome, but I couldn't handle Rory. I don't know, but I just didn't see it. I missed Amy, but not Rory.

My dream companion would have been Madam De Pompadour.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
20-01-2015, 05:50 PM
(19-01-2015 07:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Midnight has got to be one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes of all time.

I stayed up entirely too late last night just to get all the 13 numbered episodes watched! Laugh out load
Midnight was pretty cool. I kept imagining myself in a space suit, with an ancient Nord pickaxe, mining me some daimonds! Laugh out load
But my favorite episode of season 4? Well. As I was telling Smerc, I'm kinda partial to the Daleks! Blush Episodes 12 & 13, hands down! The "True" Daleks, grown from patches of skin from their creator guy's abs ( Rainbow Vomit ), creating their own slice of time-space so that they could send a wave of destruction through the entire universe killing everything that exists so that they'd be the only species left to rule supreme? Come on, man! I mean for a race of super-engineered beings they get beat by The Doctor entirely too often, but you gotta give 'em credit! The Daleks are in it to win it! Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
20-01-2015, 07:08 PM
(20-01-2015 05:50 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 07:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Midnight has got to be one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes of all time.

I stayed up entirely too late last night just to get all the 13 numbered episodes watched! Laugh out load
Midnight was pretty cool. I kept imagining myself in a space suit, with an ancient Nord pickaxe, mining me some daimonds! Laugh out load
But my favorite episode of season 4? Well. As I was telling Smerc, I'm kinda partial to the Daleks! Blush Episodes 12 & 13, hands down! The "True" Daleks, grown from patches of skin from their creator guy's abs ( Rainbow Vomit ), creating their own slice of time-space so that they could send a wave of destruction through the entire universe killing everything that exists so that they'd be the only species left to rule supreme? Come on, man! I mean for a race of super-engineered beings they get beat by The Doctor entirely too often, but you gotta give 'em credit! The Daleks are in it to win it! Evil_monster

Davros is kick-ass. He is one of my favorite villains OF ALL TIME. I loved the theme and Davros's proclamation.

The Doctor, the man who keeps on running, never looking back because he dare not out of shame."

21-01-2015, 01:47 AM
(20-01-2015 02:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  She is a capable independent young woman as long as she is nowhere near The Doctor. The moment she gets near him she becomes whiny and insufferable. For the record best companion is either Sarah Jane or The Girl who waited depending if you want old school or new school.

For me the best companion in old school Doctor Who is either Elizabeth "Liz" Shaw the scientist in the 60's who was dropped because the script writers needed some way of fitting in exposition, or my personal favourite Ace.

Ace, the one who always carried a backpack of explosives and who once attacked a Dalek with a baseball bat ... and won. I mean, c'mon!
21-01-2015, 03:59 AM
(20-01-2015 02:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  She is a capable independent young woman as long as she is nowhere near The Doctor. The moment she gets near him she becomes whiny and insufferable. For the record best companion is either Sarah Jane or The Girl who waited depending if you want old school or new school.

Ian Chesterton, one of the companions from the very first episode remains my favourite. He's Britain's hardest science teacher who single handedly picks a fight with everyone he meets. He leads a mutiny on a Roman slave ship, takes on the entire Saracen army to rescue his friend and at one point stays to fight & kills with his bare hands the hardest Aztec warrior around when he could easily escape just to prove how hard he is. It's a shame he never met Davros. He'd have snapped his neck like a twig in a heartbeat.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
21-01-2015, 05:33 PM
(20-01-2015 07:08 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Davros is kick-ass. He is one of my favorite villains OF ALL TIME. I loved the theme and Davros's proclamation.

The Doctor, the man who keeps on running, never looking back because he dare not out of shame."

All true! Big Grin "It is you who are the destroyer of worlds, Doctor!"
Watched the 4 specials I could get my hands on, last night, and 12/13 are still my fave of season 4.
But man, you should have seen some of the comments made about The End Of Time Part 2!!! "I cry every single time I watch it", "I was so sad I wanted to kill myself"! Gawdam, people, The Doctor ain't dead, jeez! I guess David Tennant was a huge favorite as The Doctor!

22-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Only took 3 episodes into season 5 for the Daleks to show up? Under the supposed control of Winston Churchill?
Consider
Not bad! Drinking Beverage
Laugh out load Tongue

22-02-2015, 04:14 PM
(22-02-2015 03:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Only took 3 episodes into season 5 for the Daleks to show up? Under the supposed control of Winston Churchill?
Consider
Laugh out load Tongue

11's run is meh.

22-02-2015, 04:18 PM
(22-02-2015 04:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 03:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Only took 3 episodes into season 5 for the Daleks to show up? Under the supposed control of Winston Churchill?
Consider
Laugh out load Tongue

11's run is meh.

If you mean this Doctor... I'm not dissin him, but...
You're right! Meh! Undecided Cute little red head companion tho, huh? Wink

22-02-2015, 04:27 PM
(22-02-2015 04:18 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 04:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  11's run is meh.

If you mean this Doctor... I'm not dissin him, but...
You're right! Meh! Undecided Cute little red head companion tho, huh? Wink

The 11th character wise is pretty good. I think he is a great Doctor. I do not care much for his stories though. Amy is hot and awesome.