Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi
(30-08-2014 06:59 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  The new episode is called something like "Into the Dalek" I'm hoping thats hinting at a closing loop with Clara. (Her being in a Dalek)

Yeah, I know she was scattered all over the doctor's timeline, but why was she a dalek in that one instance? Consider

Another thing that always bother me about that episode, once he finally saw her she had a dalek voice... They... Didn't notice that over the radio? Then in a later episode when he encountered her again, he says he recognized her voice as "soufflé girl" and I'm like... But she was a dalek Huh

Oh well. I always tell my husband: if you start questioning doctor who plot, you're going to have a bad time! Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
31-08-2014, 05:11 AM
I heard it was a much better episode, and it was. I still had many niggles with it, but it was pretty good overall. I thought some things were going to happen that didn't end up happening. Foreshadowing maybe, but again I don't trust Moffat to make that which is foreshadowed of any interest when it arrives.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
31-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Moffat is shit at big story arcs. I did like the doctor still, though
him leaving that solider for dead pretty much counter-acted his "they are never small to me" speech in the premiere.
unless he is just earth-ist.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-09-2014, 12:05 PM
So who was the Doctor's girlfriend at the end of the season premier in paradise who presumably was the shopkeeper that gave Clara the Tardis hot line number? Have I seen her before and just don't remember? And won't River Song be pissed? Or is that the new River Song? So confused.

#sigh
14-09-2014, 12:12 PM
(14-09-2014 12:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
So who was the Doctor's girlfriend at the end of the season premier in paradise who presumably was the shopkeeper that gave Clara the Tardis hot line number? Have I seen her before and just don't remember? And won't River Song be pissed? Or is that the new River Song? So confused.

I think we are still waiting to find out. She was at the end of the second episode too, wasn't she? I got the impression she runs.... The after-life or something. Not sure I like the direction this is going, especially after he spent last night's episode chasing ghosts. And they never explained the thing on the bed!

Last season river song was dead, so maybe it is her in anew form helping people the doctor encounters find a good place in the after life? Meh, I donno, I'm probably way off.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-09-2014, 12:29 PM
There's some talk on the interwebz that she is a future Doctor. Me still so confused.

#sigh
14-09-2014, 01:28 PM
All the episodes have brilliant concepts, but poor execution.

17-09-2014, 08:00 AM
I LOVED the new episode called "Listen" Beautifully done.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
17-09-2014, 02:33 PM
(17-09-2014 08:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I LOVED the new episode called "Listen" Beautifully done.

I wasn't satisfied with all of the questions is left us. What was the thing under the sheets? What was the point? The final bits of the episode was just.... Meh.

I am getting way too tired of Clara.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
17-09-2014, 03:00 PM
(17-09-2014 02:33 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 08:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I LOVED the new episode called "Listen" Beautifully done.

I wasn't satisfied with all of the questions is left us. What was the thing under the sheets? What was the point? The final bits of the episode was just.... Meh.

I am getting way too tired of Clara.

I do not like what they did with Clara at all. When we first saw her (well second time really) during the christmas episode it was an intriguing character. Then we get to the main series and she is boring. No depth nothing interesting about her at all. She really could have been a great character but instead due to poor writing has been the most forgettable of the modern companions.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post