Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi
(06-11-2014 07:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Edit: description of the next one says "old friends return" wonder who's gunna show up!

Ian Chesterton? Clara is teaching at the school where he's the chairman of the governors after all.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
09-11-2014, 01:25 AM
OMFG THEY ARE BRINGING BACK GALAFREY! Also, the doctor is the president of Earth in events of Invasion!

Also, It appears the time has come for the Doctor to meet Santa Claus!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
09-11-2014, 01:37 AM
I think you're missing something. The Doctor checked the coordinates and there was nothing out the door and he was angry afterwards and sad when he was saying goodbye to Clara.

They were lying to each other at the end. That was the entire point of the climax.

Or are you catching up on last season and just saw Eleven regenerate?

How does everybody feel about the finale?
I'm gonna rewatch the episodes first before I voice a strong opinion but I don't think it was very good. Probably the best season finale but that's not a very high bar.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
09-11-2014, 06:28 AM
I would never have thought one of the "old friends" returning was the Brigadier. It was a nice send off for a much loved character.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
09-11-2014, 06:54 AM
That was the least disappointing Dr Who series for years, and actually a pretty fine finale. I can't quite say I'm impressed. Relieved is probably the better term here.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-11-2014, 09:15 AM
I was mad seeing the second to last episode, but the last episode made it worth it for me. I really liked it. Going to have to watch it at least once more.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
09-11-2014, 10:11 AM
(09-11-2014 09:15 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I was mad seeing the second to last episode, but the last episode made it worth it for me. I really liked it. Going to have to watch it at least once more.

Getting ready to watch the last one. The penultimate one did kinda suck.

#sigh
10-11-2014, 12:24 AM
(09-11-2014 01:37 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
I think you're missing something. The Doctor checked the coordinates and there was nothing out the door and he was angry afterwards and sad when he was saying goodbye to Clara.

They were lying to each other at the end. That was the entire point of the climax.

I'm gonna rewatch the episodes first before I voice a strong opinion but I don't think it was very good. Probably the best season finale but that's not a very high bar.

The doctor said he found galafrey and she was not lying. was that really a lie too?

10-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Rewatched the climax. It's fine. Just fine.

Honestly that's almost worse than being terrible.
(10-11-2014 12:24 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 01:37 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  

The doctor said he found galafrey and she was not lying. was that really a lie too?
Disembodied Danny said that the... magic calculator watch thing only had enough juice to... Do something that would return someone to life, or something, once and then sent the kid through telling Clara to find his family.

That's the climax of his redemption arc.

The Doctor was violently angry after checking the supposed coordinates of Gallifrey. The Master has spent [u]five goddamn episodes[/s] trying to get The Doctor to love him/ her and was using the coordinates as a bargaining chip to spend more time with him, prolong his/ her life and remove him/herself from a dangerous situation.

There was nothing outside the door. Not even that starscape backdrop they use when they want to show that they're in deep space.

Clara and The Doctor are trying to make each other feel better about a mutual nessercery departure. It's the climax of both their character arcs after The Doctor reaffirms his identity as "An Idiot with a box" and Clara has become more like him. To the point where Clara literally took on his identity. Twice.

"Why do you not like hugs anyway? Because it's just another way of hiding your face."

They're obviously lying. Did we even watch the same episode?

That actually got kinda ranty. Sorry if offended.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
10-11-2014, 08:48 PM
I thought he was just angry that it was there for some reason....oh damn. I wonder if they ever will bring it back in the future.