Peter Davidson
Colin Baker
Sylvester Mccoy
Paul McGann
Christopher Eccelston
David Tennant
Matt Smith
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Doctor Who Series 8

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Doctor Who Series 8
Who is excited for Series 8 of Doctor Who? How do you think Peter Capaldi will do as the new Doctor?

[Image: peter-capaldi-tardis.jpg]

Credit: http://whopix.wordpress.com

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: Doctor Who Series 8
I haven't watched any doctor who, where is a good place for a noob to start?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
17-04-2014, 04:10 PM
(17-04-2014 04:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I haven't watched any doctor who, where is a good place for a noob to start?

Well there were two series. One starting in 1963 and going to 1989. Then it got revived and started in 2005 - now. There have been 800 episodes so unless you got a lot of time i'd recommend starting from the beginning of the revived series. If you have Netflix they should have it on there.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
17-04-2014, 04:11 PM
I don't watch it much these days but I was a big fan when I was younger. My favourite Doctor Who is Tom Baker, with John Pertwee a close second.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
17-04-2014, 04:14 PM
(17-04-2014 04:11 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I don't watch it much these days but I was a big fan when I was younger. My favourite Doctor Who is Tom Baker, with John Pertwee a close second.

I'm too young to know too much about the older series though I've done a little research. It's still such a good show in my opinion.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-04-2014, 04:40 PM
(17-04-2014 04:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I haven't watched any doctor who, where is a good place for a noob to start?

We watched them on Amazon, started with the 2005 season. The whole family loves this show. Seriously my husband and I were just as hooked as the kids.

Google a list of episodes, because near the end of a season they do a special christmas show that is the cliffhanger episode to the next season. On Amazon they seemed to have them grouped differently.

Here's the first episode of the 2005 season

http://www.amazon.com/Rose/dp/B003LQ3YXU...rds=dr+who

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
17-04-2014, 04:44 PM
(17-04-2014 04:40 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  

We watched them on Amazon, started with the 2005 season. The whole family loves this show. Seriously my husband and I were just as hooked as the kids.

Google a list of episodes, because near the end of a season they do a special christmas show that is the cliffhanger episode to the next season. On Amazon they seemed to have them grouped differently.

It's sad though because they tend to make you cry a lot lol

17-04-2014, 04:45 PM
(17-04-2014 04:44 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's sad though because they tend to make you cry a lot lol

I'm in my mid-40's - put on a car commercial and I can cry-- Yes

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
17-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Sweet, thanks for all the tips folks Thumbsup

And JDog, I ain't scurred Tongue but oh jeez, I became a cryer once I hit my 20's lol I'm a sap sometimes Blush

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
17-04-2014, 04:46 PM
(17-04-2014 04:45 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 04:44 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's sad though because they tend to make you cry a lot lol

I'm in my mid-40's - put on a car commercial and I can cry-- Yes

I'm in my 20's and same lol

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post