Peter Davidson
Colin Baker
Sylvester Mccoy
Paul McGann
Christopher Eccelston
David Tennant
Matt Smith
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Doctor Who Series 8

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Doctor Who Series 8
(17-04-2014 04:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I haven't watched any doctor who, where is a good place for a noob to start?

BE WARNED: if you watch from 2005, PLEASE know that most of the first season is very cheesy and some episodes downright terrible. Especially the first two. It almost made me quit. I'm so glad that I stuck with it because in the first few seasons there are great episodes that only get better as the seasons go by.

My favorite doctor was probably Tennant, but I loved Smith too, and those seasons were top shelf production values. Better than the low budget charm of the Tennant run IMO.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2014, 09:33 PM
(17-04-2014 09:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Though I really liked Donna as well *LOL*

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
18-04-2014, 03:28 AM
(17-04-2014 09:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Favourite companion?

Mine is Amelia Pond.

Though I really liked Donna as well *LOL*

My favourite companion?

Ace.

Always carries a bag of stuffed full of explosives and once attacked a Dalek with a baseball bat.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
18-04-2014, 05:33 AM
Soufflé girl and the irresistible Jack Harkness

Although I really liked Rose too. And Amy, tough to decide

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
18-04-2014, 09:19 AM
My favorite companion was Sarah Jane, played by Elisabeth Sladen. She was a companion for both John Pertwee and Tom Baker.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
18-04-2014, 11:32 AM
(18-04-2014 09:19 AM)Marozz Wrote:  My favorite companion was Sarah Jane, played by Elisabeth Sladen. She was a companion for both John Pertwee and Tom Baker.

That reminds me that I rather liked the previous Pertwee companion, Elizabeth "Liz" Shaw an intelligent scientist. Unfortunately she was dumped for a companion who would ask questions and provide exposition.
18-04-2014, 11:58 AM
(17-04-2014 09:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm VERY excited for the next doctor! I'd like to see him be slightly dark.

I agree. I think Peter Capaldi will be an awesome Doctor. Less running, more gravitas.

Here are my top three companions:

1) Rose Tyler
2) Sarah Jane Smith
3) Jack Harkness

BUT...if I had the chance to go on a date with any of them, it would be Souffle Girl hands down. Heart

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
18-04-2014, 12:00 PM
(18-04-2014 05:33 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Soufflé girl and the irresistible Jack Harkness

Although I really liked Rose too. And Amy, tough to decide

Souffle girl, amy and rose all hot lol and Harkness just epic. It is hard to decide.

(18-04-2014 09:19 AM)Marozz Wrote:  My favorite companion was Sarah Jane, played by Elisabeth Sladen. She was a companion for both John Pertwee and Tom Baker.

She was amazing, it's a shame she had to pass on.

(18-04-2014 11:32 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

That reminds me that I rather liked the previous Pertwee companion, Elizabeth "Liz" Shaw an intelligent scientist. Unfortunately she was dumped for a companion who would ask questions and provide exposition.

That's Doctor Who for you, replacing characters you love and hurting your feelings.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post