Doctor Who on Faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2011, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 06:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Doctor Who on Faith
(29-09-2011 06:39 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  There are two things i can think of as being possibilities.
The Doctor is killed but regenerates due to still having some of the regeneration energy given to him by river in the "lets kill hitler episode" still being in him(bit of an anticlimax to the series)

That would suck almost as bad as Stephen King's finale of the Dark Towers series.

(29-09-2011 06:39 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  or that the Doctor you see getting killed is actually a ganger and is killed in his place to get the silence and everyone else off the real Doctor's back.

Ooooh, I like that one. Put a doppelganger in your place so everyone thinks your dead. Since the show makes the BBC a shitload of money and it's popularity is on the rise in the US as well, I'm going with that one. ... And the doppelganger was probably made from The Flesh to complete the circuit. By George, I've think you've got it. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Theres no way they would kill off the doctor. The shows to popular for that.

The other thing i can think of is, The old guy you seen at the start of the series (at the lake) will be a future version of the doctor. If the Doctors death isn't a fixed point in time it means that they can prevent it from happening so the episode could be about one of the other characters most likely river song using the tardis to go to other points in time. possibly during earlier episodes (as they are always linked) in an attempt to prevent his death. or even a combination of that and the ganger theory.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
29-09-2011, 07:27 PM
It's probably going to be some stupid, over the top, ridiculous ending like we had with the last series. I thought it was better when Russell T. Davies was head writer as opposed to Steven Moffat. Moffat seems to have overshot the sci-fi genre and ended up in the fantasy genre instead.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-09-2011, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 07:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-09-2011 07:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  It's probably going to be some stupid, over the top, ridiculous ending like we had with the last series.

Probably.

(29-09-2011 07:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I thought it was better when Russell T. Davies was head writer as opposed to Steven Moffat.

I think the concept of changing writers while changing Doctors is genius. Fresh body, fresh brain, fresh ideas. Like adding a fez to my wardrobe. Fezzes are cool.

(29-09-2011 07:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Moffat seems to have overshot the sci-fi genre and ended up in the fantasy genre instead.

What you call fantasy some might call metaphysics. Wink

01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Well didn't see that coming.

04-10-2011, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 01:06 AM by GirlyMan.)
(01-10-2011 12:51 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Well didn't see that coming.

Nice little mind fuck wasn't it? Goddam I love this show. Spoiler alert: The Wedding of River Song.

04-10-2011, 10:08 AM
(04-10-2011 12:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nice little mind fuck wasn't it? Goddam I love this show. Spoiler alert: The Wedding of River Song.

I was discussing it with my brother when the show started and he said it could have been a replica doctor and what do you know he was right. That was quite a clever ending.
It is a great show. Roll on the next season.

04-10-2011, 10:44 AM
(04-10-2011 10:08 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(04-10-2011 12:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nice little mind fuck wasn't it? Goddam I love this show. Spoiler alert: The Wedding of River Song.

I was discussing it with my brother when the show started and he said it could have been a replica doctor and what do you know he was right. That was quite a clever ending.
It is a great show. Roll on the next season.

I was half expecting him to be a Ganger Doctor...but the replica doctor was FANTASTIC.

*sigh*

I am unable to wait for next season....which is a whole year away. Grrr....

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan