Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2012, 01:58 PM
As a person who studies history, I find the show Ancient Aliens to be rather insulting. To say aliens had to be responsible for the pyramids or other ancient structures is a slap in the face of human ingenuity and perseverance. I recently came across a rather long documentary that disproves many of the claims made on the show. It is pretty entertaining:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like ghostexorcist's post
07-10-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked
That documentary is obviously wrong because aliens.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
(07-10-2012 02:04 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That documentary is obviously wrong because aliens.

[Image: 9189283.jpg]
07-10-2012, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 02:33 PM by bemore.)
The great pyramid of Giza was made up of an estimated 2.3 million blocks.
Blocks that our current technology today would struggle to move.

They say it took around 30 years to build... so 365 days times 30 years = 10950 days.

2.3 million blocks divided by 10950 days (happy now poolboy Big Grin ) = 210 blocks per day.... put into place and cut with such precision it baffles modern architects

Ive heard theories that state that they used figs trees to "roll" these huge massive stones, some from as far away as 500 miles.... yet these figs would of been needed to feed the apparent huge workforce... paradoxal.

Sorry if people disagree but I call bullshit..... maybe not aliens that built it, but maybe an ancient civilisation did... I dunno.

It wasnt us lol.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 02:33 PM by PoolBoyG.)
The comments section of the video is more telling than the video itself. "I WANT to believe."
07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
(07-10-2012 02:29 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 02:25 PM)bemore Wrote:  10950 days divided by 2.3 million = 210 blocks per day

How did you get 10950 / 2,300,000 to equal 210? Aliens?

Ill edit my post to read 2,300,000 / 10950 instead.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-10-2012, 02:39 PM
(07-10-2012 02:25 PM)bemore Wrote:  The great pyramid of Giza was made up of an estimated 2.3 million blocks.

They say it took around 30 years to build... so 365 days times 30 years = 10950 days.

2.3 million blocks divided by 10950 days (happy now poolboy Big Grin ) = 210 blocks per day.... put into place and cut with such precision it baffles modern architects

Ive heard theories that state that they used figs trees to "roll" these huge massive stones, some from as far away as 500 miles.... yet these figs would of been needed to feed the apparent huge workforce... paradoxal.

Sorry if people disagree but I call bullshit..... maybe not aliens that built it, but maybe an ancient civilisation did... I dunno.

It wasnt us lol.

Don't go all woo on us, bemore. Look here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-10-2012, 02:43 PM
(07-10-2012 02:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 02:25 PM)bemore Wrote:  The great pyramid of Giza was made up of an estimated 2.3 million blocks.

It wasnt us lol.

Plus they knew where the ley-lines were so they were able to move the blocks using magnets.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-10-2012, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 02:59 PM by bemore.)
(07-10-2012 02:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  

It wasnt us lol.

Woo... lol.

Quote:The unknowns of pyramid construction chiefly center on the question of how the blocks were moved up the superstructure. There is no known accurate historical or archaeological evidence that definitively resolves the question. Therefore, most discussion on construction methods involves functional possibilities that are supported by limited historical and archaeological evidence.

From your link...... so I would say that it is still open to speculation.

If anybodys interested you can watch this documentary that doesnt name aliens, instead brings about some new information about the pyramids.... and some strange coincidences about how the same building methods were used not just in Eqypt, but other places all over the world.

Enjoy Big Grin

EDIT: Funny you should mention Ley lines Erx.... they come up in the video I have just provided.... but no mention of magnets (that I can remember)

If somebody can definitivly nail how they did this... the methods.... and also answer a lot of the questions in the Documentary I have just provided I will believe... until then its woo land for me.... you wont hear me name aliens as who did it, however there are many unanswered questions so anything put forward is theory.... what people garner as "truth" could all potentially be woo as well.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
(07-10-2012 02:16 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 02:04 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That documentary is obviously wrong because aliens.

[Image: 9189283.jpg]

My favorite thing about this guy is the way he so boldly states that "If you take the word 'gods' and replace it with 'aliens'...suddenly, it makes total sense!"

I had no idea that one could arbitrarily redefine words in order to validate whatever point they're trying to make.

Why didn't anyone do this with the number of 9/11 victims? We could've just said "Change 3,000 to 0, and suddenly we saved everyone!"

EDIT: Tried to reply to the picture of crazy-hair-pseudoscience-guy. Failed.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!