Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2012, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 03:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked
(07-10-2012 02:25 PM)bemore Wrote:  The great pyramid of Giza was made up of an estimated 2.3 million blocks.
Blocks that our current technology today would struggle to move.

They say it took around 30 years to build... so 365 days times 30 years = 10950 days.

2.3 million blocks divided by 10950 days (happy now poolboy Big Grin ) = 210 blocks per day.... put into place and cut with such precision it baffles modern architects

Ive heard theories that state that they used figs trees to "roll" these huge massive stones, some from as far away as 500 miles.... yet these figs would of been needed to feed the apparent huge workforce... paradoxal.

Sorry if people disagree but I call bullshit..... maybe not aliens that built it, but maybe an ancient civilisation did... I dunno.

It wasnt us lol.

We don't know what was there before, or if the base was originally something else. The workers did not work 7 days a week. We DO know that. We don't know if they worked 24 hour days. They probably didn't. Flinders Petire thought it would be about 24 stones per day. Considering there were 100,000 workers, that's perfectly reasonable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pyramid_of_Giza

It didn't HAVE to be completed in Khufu's lifetime, but could have. The funerary stuff could have been done in stages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khufu#Length_of_reign

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 03:35 PM by PoolBoyG.)
If it's not too much trouble, could some verifiable source be cited (god help you if you just link to a wikipedia page)? Too many numbers are being slung around (x amount of people, x amount of years). I can make up numbers too.

Anyway, to keep things fresh, it's interesting that the 3 tallest pyramids in Egypt were built one after another:

Red Pyramid, Dahshur, 345 ft, 2600 BC
Pyramid of Khufu (Great Pyramid), Giza, 481 ft, 2570 BC
Pyramid of Khafre, Giza, 475 ft, 2530 BC

Again, the dates aren't verifiable, but looked like every 30yrs there was a pyramid built of considerable size. Shame Khafre gets no respect, considering it's only a hair shy the size of Khufu's.
07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
(07-10-2012 03:31 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  If it's not too much trouble, could some verifiable source be cited....

Again, the dates aren't verifiable....

Huh

You can google anything I have said.... if ive said anything wrong point it out please.

EDIT: How can poolboy edit his posts and it not say so at the top of his post????

Or is it only my own posts I can see the times I have edited it???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-10-2012, 03:39 PM
(07-10-2012 03:31 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  If it's not too much trouble, could some verifiable source be cited (god help you if you just link to a wikipedia page)? Too many numbers are being slung around (x amount of people, x amount of years). I can make up numbers too.

Anyway, to keep things fresh, it's interesting that the 3 tallest pyramids in Egypt were built one after another:

Again, the dates aren't verifiable, but looked like every 30yrs there was a pyramid built of considerable size. Shame Khafre gets no respect, considering it's only a hair shy the size of Khufu's.

Did you READ the Wiki link ? Do you KNOW who Flinders Petrie was ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
(07-10-2012 03:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 03:31 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  If it's not too much trouble, could some verifiable source be cited (god help you if you just link to a wikipedia page)? Too many numbers are being slung around (x amount of people, x amount of years). I can make up numbers too.

Did you READ the Wiki link ? Do you KNOW who Flinders Petrie was ?

Didn't he invent the dish?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
(07-10-2012 04:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 03:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Did you READ the Wiki link ? Do you KNOW who Flinders Petrie was ?

Didn't he invent the dish?

Yes he did. A whole line of fine china. Just sent me your Visa number, and I'll send you a set.

07-10-2012, 04:50 PM
(07-10-2012 04:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 04:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Didn't he invent the dish?

Yes he did. A whole line of fine china. Just sent me your Visa number, and I'll send you a set.

No thanks. I've already had a visa to go to china. I'd rather visit someplace else.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-10-2012, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 09:05 PM by Dark Light.)
Okay, I sometimes watch the show when nothing else good is on, and I think a lot of it is just (entertaining) bullshit, but I don't think you could reasonable expect anyone on this forum to come up with a definitive answer on how it was done. Egyptologists, experts whose sole job it is to know shit about ancient Egypt cannot agree on how it was done. You aren't going to prove anything by arguing. There simply is not enough information. Were there alien visitors in antiquity? Probably not. If there was then we don't have proof. But hell, for all we know all life on earth came from another planet, with huge bodies slamming into earth millions of years ago it is possible we are aliens who just happened to evolve here. Perhaps Socrates said is best when he said "I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know."

07-10-2012, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 10:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
If aliens came here, they would likely be machine based consciousness. Why build one thing, and nothing else. Why not build a cube ? Why build one Egyptian thing, and nothing advanced, which did not fit EXACTLY into the culture. Why does NOT ONE Egyptian stone carving or painting record that they suddenly saw an unexplained building, as they recorded, in multiple places most other important events ? Why would they build a structure which fit EXACTLY into the developmental progress scheme, (ie the next step) of the known Egyptian history of pyramid building, and not a structure which reverted back, or skipped a step, in the known process. The fact is it fits perfectly, into the EGYPTIAN history of pyramid building, AND perfectly into the known Egyptian cosmology, (the three pyramids reflect the 3 stars in "Orion's belt", and fit perfectly into the known Egyptian system of gods, and after death mythology). The "vent" of Khufu's pyramid would have at the time, allowed a spirit to go straight up to Orion. Either the "aliens" believed in, and knew all the details of Egyptian mythology, or they did one hell of a con job. The quarries are known, the un-hewn blocks are STILL in the quarries, partially cut out, and the city surrounding the pyramids, for the builders, have been excavated, and dated by archaeologists. It's simply preposterous that something other than Egyptian culture produced them. Why would no other culture not mention the sudden appearance of hitherto unknown fantastic buildings on Earth. There was trade, and commerce, and no other culture though they were "impossibly arranged", and they were talked about in other cultures. They also roughly correspond to other massive Ancient Near Eastern structures known as "ziggurats", (the Tower of Babel), with roughly the same shape. http://amazeingart.com/seven-wonders/ziggurat.html
And in fact the Egyptians, without any reference to "unnatural formations", discuss their restoration, and maintenance, in their carvings. No one says anything about them being of unnatural origins.
http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/ghizahis...counts.htm

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-10-2012, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 04:07 AM by bemore.)
(07-10-2012 08:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If aliens came here, they would likely be machine based consciousness. Why build one thing, and nothing else. Why not build a cube ? Why build one Egyptian thing, and nothing advanced, which did not fit EXACTLY into the culture. Why does NOT ONE Egyptian stone carving or painting record that they suddenly saw an unexplained building, as they recorded, in multiple places most other important events ? Why would they build a structure which fit EXACTLY into the developmental progress scheme, (ie the next step) of the known Egyptian history of pyramid building, and not a structure which reverted back, or skipped a step, in the known process. The fact is it fits perfectly, into the EGYPTIAN history of pyramid building, AND perfectly into the known Egyptian cosmology, (the three pyramids reflect the 3 stars in "Orion's belt", and fit perfectly into the known Egyptian system of gods, and after death mythology). The "vent" of Khufu's pyramid would have at the time, allowed a spirit to go straight up to Orion. Either the "aliens" believed in, and knew all the details of Egyptian mythology, or they did one hell of a con job. The quarries are known, the un-hewn blocks are STILL in the quarries, partially cut out, and the city surrounding the pyramids, for the builders, have been excavated, and dated by archaeologists. It's simply preposterous that something other than Egyptian culture produced them. Why would no other culture not mention the sudden appearance of hitherto unknown fantastic buildings on Earth. There was trade, and commerce, and no other culture though they were "impossibly arranged", and they were talked about in other cultures. They also roughly correspond to other massive Ancient Near Eastern structures known as "ziggurats", (the Tower of Babel), with roughly the same shape. http://amazeingart.com/seven-wonders/ziggurat.html
And in fact the Egyptians, without any reference to "unnatural formations", discuss their restoration, and maintenance, in their carvings. No one says anything about them being of unnatural origins.
http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/ghizahis...counts.htm

Bucky.... please watch the documentary I have provided. It is not some "woo" production, it features some of our most modern architects who have built some of our greatest and ingenious structures, It asks todays eqyptologists and it reviews all of the information in a non biased but questioning way.

The same building methods found in eqypt are also found in other places all over the world, ancient structures (as the documentary will compare).... which to me raises the question of how such methods were known in other parts of the world.

The eqyptologists themselves will say that they only have limited information when cross referenced with roman literature, for hundreds of years before that they know next to nothing.

It looks into the precision of how things were built, exploring the Cubit.... There is a statues face at luxor that is carved with perfect symmetry, so flawlessly perfect that only our modern technology can pick this up.... how they did this with just copper chisels is beyond me and raises valid questions on how it was done.

People like to feel secure with their answers.... it makes them comfortable to say that they know how things are built and how they operate..... I am just as comfortable with not knowing, as I believe that the documentary I have provided, plus a lot of other things I have looked into (which are basicly summarised in the documentary) HAVENT nailed, nor given a decent enough explanation to call it "truth"

So im more open minded to other possibilities, seeing as they cant date these building from anything other than organic material, im open to the possibility that these structures could possibly be wayyyyy older than we think, that maybe the eqyptians didnt build them, but discovered them and made them their own... who knows.

What I do know for certain is they dont know lol.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.