Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 06:14 AM
RE: Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked
(08-10-2012 03:39 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 08:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If aliens came here, they would likely be machine based consciousness. Why build one thing, and nothing else. Why not build a cube ? Why build one Egyptian thing, and nothing advanced, which did not fit EXACTLY into the culture. Why does NOT ONE Egyptian stone carving or painting record that they suddenly saw an unexplained building, as they recorded, in multiple places most other important events ? Why would they build a structure which fit EXACTLY into the developmental progress scheme, (ie the next step) of the known Egyptian history of pyramid building, and not a structure which reverted back, or skipped a step, in the known process. The fact is it fits perfectly, into the EGYPTIAN history of pyramid building, AND perfectly into the known Egyptian cosmology, (the three pyramids reflect the 3 stars in "Orion's belt", and fit perfectly into the known Egyptian system of gods, and after death mythology). The "vent" of Khufu's pyramid would have at the time, allowed a spirit to go straight up to Orion. Either the "aliens" believed in, and knew all the details of Egyptian mythology, or they did one hell of a con job. The quarries are known, the un-hewn blocks are STILL in the quarries, partially cut out, and the city surrounding the pyramids, for the builders, have been excavated, and dated by archaeologists. It's simply preposterous that something other than Egyptian culture produced them. Why would no other culture not mention the sudden appearance of hitherto unknown fantastic buildings on Earth. There was trade, and commerce, and no other culture though they were "impossibly arranged", and they were talked about in other cultures. They also roughly correspond to other massive Ancient Near Eastern structures known as "ziggurats", (the Tower of Babel), with roughly the same shape. http://amazeingart.com/seven-wonders/ziggurat.html
And in fact the Egyptians, without any reference to "unnatural formations", discuss their restoration, and maintenance, in their carvings. No one says anything about them being of unnatural origins.
http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/ghizahis...counts.htm

Bucky.... please watch the documentary I have provided. It is not some "woo" production, it features some of our most modern architects who have built some of our greatest and ingenious structures, It asks todays eqyptologists and it reviews all of the information in a non biased but questioning way.

The same building methods found in eqypt are also found in other places all over the world, ancient structures (as the documentary will compare).... which to me raises the question of how such methods were known in other parts of the world.

The eqyptologists themselves will say that they only have limited information when cross referenced with roman literature, for hundreds of years before that they know next to nothing.

It looks into the precision of how things were built, exploring the Cubit.... There is a statues face at luxor that is carved with perfect symmetry, so flawlessly perfect that only our modern technology can pick this up.... how they did this with just copper chisels is beyond me and raises valid questions on how it was done.

People like to feel secure with their answers.... it makes them comfortable to say that they know how things are built and how they operate..... I am just as comfortable with not knowing, as I believe that the documentary I have provided, plus a lot of other things I have looked into (which are basicly summarised in the documentary) HAVENT nailed, nor given a decent enough explanation to call it "truth"

So im more open minded to other possibilities, seeing as they cant date these building from anything other than organic material, im open to the possibility that these structures could possibly be wayyyyy older than we think, that maybe the eqyptians didnt build them, but discovered them and made them their own... who knows.

What I do know for certain is they dont know lol.

This is the argument from ignorance and the argument from personal incredulity.

I don't think Egyptologists have the requisite engineering knowledge to come up with very good hypotheses about building things. Let's put some engineers on that job.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 06:40 AM
(08-10-2012 06:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is the argument from ignorance

Given the full lack of evidence (that eqyptologists will admit to) and that everything put forward is only theory, I would say that evn your arguement is from that of ignorance.

(08-10-2012 06:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  personal incredulity.

Quote:Because you found something difficult to understand, or are unaware of how it works, you made out like it's probably not true.

I find that quite insulting if im honest....seeing as everything to do with the past is only guesswork and logical theory put forward.... maybe you feel that because of my past with exploring other "woo" like aspects of different subjects that I am not in a position to have an opinion........ never mind ill get over it Cool

(08-10-2012 06:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't think Egyptologists have the requisite engineering knowledge to come up with very good hypotheses about building things. Let's put some engineers on that job.

Watch the documentary I have provided.... Plenty of world renowned architects and engineers in there talking about the very subject.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2012, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 07:26 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Consider the source :
http://www.baglis.tv/en/participants/919...mault.html

5:42 False assertion. The Sphinx is still standing.

"pointing North" was not the intent of the builders. The intent of the builders was to mimic the Orion constellation, which has "precessed" from the time it was built. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession )
Pointing North today is ABSOLUTE PROOF it was NOT done by aliens, as the Earth has changed, (precessed), and it was NOT pointing North at the time it was built.

7:40 "still wandering about in animal skins" .. false. The Sumerians were building ziggurats, and the Greeks had pyramids AT THAT TIME.
http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/mysteries...amids.html

Saying "oh the aliens might have done it" is the same as saying "oh god did it, as I don't see how it was done". It's the same as (ancient) Intelligent Design/Creationism.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-10-2012, 07:23 AM
(08-10-2012 06:40 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 06:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is the argument from ignorance

Given the full lack of evidence (that eqyptologists will admit to) and that everything put forward is only theory, I would say that evn your arguement is from that of ignorance.

(08-10-2012 06:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  personal incredulity.

Quote:Because you found something difficult to understand, or are unaware of how it works, you made out like it's probably not true.

I find that quite insulting if im honest....seeing as everything to do with the past is only guesswork and logical theory put forward.... maybe you feel that because of my past with exploring other "woo" like aspects of different subjects that I am not in a position to have an opinion........ never mind ill get over it Cool

(08-10-2012 06:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't think Egyptologists have the requisite engineering knowledge to come up with very good hypotheses about building things. Let's put some engineers on that job.

Watch the documentary I have provided.... Plenty of world renowned architects and engineers in there talking about the very subject.

I apologize if you feel insulted. But not knowing how something is done doesn't mean the field is open for any explanation.

One thing you state is simply wrong:
Quote:The same building methods found in eqypt are also found in other places all over the world, ancient structures (as the documentary will compare).... which to me raises the question of how such methods were known in other parts of the world.

Unless you didn't mean 'building methods'. And given an engineering problem, it is not at all surprising that people will come up with similar solutions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-10-2012, 07:28 AM
(08-10-2012 07:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Consider the source :

"pointing North" was not the intent of the builders. The intent of the builders was to mimic the Orion constellation, which has "precessed" from the time it was built. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession )
Pointing North today is ABSOLUTE PROOF it was NOT done by aliens, as the Earth has changed, (precessed), and it was NOT pointing North at the time it was built.

7:40 "still wandering about in animal skins" .. false. The Sumerians were building ziggurats, and the Greeks had pyramids AT THAT TIME.

Saying "oh the aliens might have done it" is the same as saying "oh god did it, as I don't see how it was done". It's the same as (ancient) Intelligent Design/Creationism.

I have never said aliens have done it....point out to me where I have said that.... you can pick all of the little bits out of the video that are not 100% to suit your arguement and belief system if you wish.

I imagine watching the video there will be questions you cant answer.... that nobody can answer (yet) to this mystery.

Everything we know today is just theory.... we have no way of knowing 100% what we theorise is true... yes we can make logical assumptions but there is a lot missing that we do not know.

So NOBODY has a complete view how the pyramids were built....you cant denty there is a lot of information missing, stuff that we do not know.... you can make yourself feel a bit secure in yourself and your beliefs that im chatting shit by believing an incomplete story if you wish.... I however like to explore all avenues, even if many people consider them bullshit.

You are assuming that you KNOW..... I am stating that there is a lot of stuff we do not know.... therefore with this incomplete story I am saying I do not KNOW how the pyramids were built.

I can theorise, you can theorise.... in that we are all equal.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
08-10-2012, 07:32 AM
(08-10-2012 07:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  Unless you didn't mean 'building methods'. And given an engineering problem, it is not at all surprising that people will come up with similar solutions.

I agree that people will find similar soloutions.... Ill elaborate and say that the way the stones are laid in such a precise fashion is found elsewhere all over the world.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
08-10-2012, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 05:15 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-10-2012 07:28 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 07:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Consider the source :

I have never said aliens have done it....point out to me where I have said that.... you can pick all of the little bits out of the video that are not 100% to suit your arguement and belief system if you wish.

I imagine watching the video there will be questions you cant answer.... that nobody can answer (yet) to this mystery.

Everything we know today is just theory.... we have no way of knowing 100% what we theorise is true... yes we can make logical assumptions but there is a lot missing that we do not know.

So NOBODY has a complete view how the pyramids were built....you cant denty there is a lot of information missing, stuff that we do not know.... you can make yourself feel a bit secure in yourself and your beliefs that im chatting shit by believing an incomplete story if you wish.... I however like to explore all avenues, even if many people consider them bullshit.

You are assuming that you KNOW..... I am stating that there is a lot of stuff we do not know.... therefore with this incomplete story I am saying I do not KNOW how the pyramids were built.

I can theorise, you can theorise.... in that we are all equal.

No we are NOT "all equal". There are mountains of evidence to prove this nonsense wrong. And I just gave you proof that the underlying premise of the video, (to show that there was an alignment to absolute North) is false. Theories which have evidence to support them, and theories that have no evidence are NOT equal.
And the fact is, I just stopped watching. It's not "a few facts". One could go through, and pull the entire video apart, line by line. It's a waste of time.

There are established methods and standards concerning the use of sources, and evidence in the discipline of History.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_method
These methods allow for different levels of confidence in what humans believe happened in the past. To assert that these relatively different levels and methods do not exist
is simply perverse. This video is constructed either with no knowledge of the established methods, or an active attempt to deny them. The author of the book, on which the video is based, is not a reputable historian. He, and this video, are debunked.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I finally finished watching the documentary. It is very, very good. I can't recommend it enough. There is one tiny flaw, though. I had read online that some people disagreed with the way the filmmaker Chris White tried to prove biblical stories as being true. This appears in the last 10 minutes of the film (not counting the closing). Mr. White basically states that the world flood and celestial beings having children with human women most likely happened because these two events appear in mythologies from all around the world. I'll chalk this up to the filmmaker's own personal religious beliefs and not knowing enough about deep human history. The simple reason that these stories appear in cultures all over the world is because floods happen all of the time, especially in the countries associated with major flood myths, and because commonalities between mythologies stem from stories that emerged in the ancestral human population and splintered and spread along with the groups leaving ancient Africa. He does make reference to human migration from Africa by showing a map of genetic haplogroups across the world, but he doesn’t dig any deeper than this.
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
well seeing you all here chatting about aliens and why not i decided to join the fest.

i have watched all episodes of Ancient Aliens 1-4 seasons.

you know whats funny ? when someone brings up the topic of aliens you can see people leaving the room you know Smile i understand where you stand from, but denying something before even looking into it is called ignorance, and expanding your mindset a little further wont hurt.

i do not believe in aliens but !!! there is always that but xD this show provides valid information about history religions ancient texts and many other things you have never heard of, and just listing to these things you realize that some pieces are missing.
Same with god today when people see that the god they believe in and pray days and nights for wont answer them, they just eat up the doubts and blindly follow their norm of belief.

the same with the aliens topics, you just mention them and puff you are alone in the room.
no one says you have to believe in them just explore the possibilities.
there are hundreds upon millions mysteries that cannot be explained even with modern tech.
overall its a great show to pass the time to have a few laughs about the ridiculous theories but in the end of the day you will still wonder why, who and HOW.
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
(09-10-2012 10:08 AM)plusikplus Wrote:  well seeing you all here chatting about aliens and why not i decided to join the fest.

i have watched all episodes of Ancient Aliens 1-4 seasons.

you know whats funny ? when someone brings up the topic of aliens you can see people leaving the room you know Smile i understand where you stand from, but denying something before even looking into it is called ignorance, and expanding your mindset a little further wont hurt.

i do not believe in aliens but !!! there is always that but xD this show provides valid information about history religions ancient texts and many other things you have never heard of, and just listing to these things you realize that some pieces are missing.
Same with god today when people see that the god they believe in and pray days and nights for wont answer them, they just eat up the doubts and blindly follow their norm of belief.

the same with the aliens topics, you just mention them and puff you are alone in the room.
no one says you have to believe in them just explore the possibilities.
there are hundreds upon millions mysteries that cannot be explained even with modern tech.
overall its a great show to pass the time to have a few laughs about the ridiculous theories but in the end of the day you will still wonder why, who and HOW.

I recommend that you watch the documentary.