Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2015, 05:59 AM
RE: Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked
(07-10-2012 02:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Plus they knew where the ley-lines were so they were able to move the blocks using magnets.

Laugh out load

I love the concept of ley lines. People who believe in them (and I'm not including you in that group, Erxomai) sometimes get upset when I point out that while the concept stems from ancient times (i.e. 1921!!!!), their spiritual and mystical properties were associated with these line somewhat later, but still in ancient times (1969 in a book called The View over Atlantis - I was a young adult then. Where's my Zimmer frame?)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2015, 06:00 AM
Sorry, I somehow managed to post my message twice and it won't let me delete the duplicate.
20-02-2015, 10:17 AM
(08-10-2012 07:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Consider the source :
http://www.baglis.tv/en/participants/919...mault.html

5:42 False assertion. The Sphinx is still standing.

"pointing North" was not the intent of the builders. The intent of the builders was to mimic the Orion constellation, which has "precessed" from the time it was built. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession )
Pointing North today is ABSOLUTE PROOF it was NOT done by aliens, as the Earth has changed, (precessed), and it was NOT pointing North at the time it was built.

7:40 "still wandering about in animal skins" .. false. The Sumerians were building ziggurats, and the Greeks had pyramids AT THAT TIME.
http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/mysteries...amids.html

Saying "oh the aliens might have done it" is the same as saying "oh god did it, as I don't see how it was done". It's the same as (ancient) Intelligent Design/Creationism.

Damn, you are so smart Mr BB. When you get your PHD or whatever the hell you're going for, we all expect you to become famous and shit.

Anyway, something that I've always believed is that ancient people had much more time to construct things like pyramids, stonehenge and Easter Island statues. The passing of time was different 5000 years ago or even 800 years ago. They didn't have clocks ticking away nor a laptop filled with emails and appointments. Their lives weren't filled with social media and sitting around on a computer. Time was slower and humans spent generations constructing all manner of things. Why wouldn't they build stuff?

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
20-02-2015, 10:57 AM
(07-10-2012 01:58 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  As a person who studies history, I find the show Ancient Aliens to be rather insulting. To say aliens had to be responsible for the pyramids or other ancient structures is a slap in the face of human ingenuity and perseverance. I recently came across a rather long documentary that disproves many of the claims made on the show. It is pretty entertaining:

Yeah, I don't watch stuff like that, or any UFO shows on TV. It's all about sensationalism and ratings.

I don't follow any conspiracy theories either, such as Roswell and the like.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
Born This Way
20-02-2015, 11:15 AM
I watch alla that UFO stuff on youtube. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2015, 11:19 AM
I have always wondered why does it have to be aliens? Might not time traveler's from the distant future make more sense? After all, these aliens are supposedly humanoid which means they could have evolved from present day humans, (or even other primates which could explain why there seems to be a variety alien races). Also, if they are from the future they would certainly have to be careful not to alter history in any significant way which helps to explain why they seem to be so elusive.

Personally, I don't believe in any of it, but I have always wondered why time travel has been excluded as a possible explanation by such a large majority of believers in these contacts with advanced beings.
28-02-2015, 10:19 PM
I remember almost being taken in by that series. Talking about how they could had used light bulbs to light the inside of pyramids and stuff lol.

Keeping religion immune from criticism is both unwarranted and dangerous. - Lawrence M. Krauss