Does Absolute Truth exist or not?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 01:23 PM by Free.)
RE: Does Absolute Truth exist or not?
(25-09-2013 06:28 AM)Mike Wrote:  Does Absolute Truth exist? As far as I know, even if we said "there are no absolute truths, not even a single absolute truth exist", it is an absolute truth itself. Thus, it is self-contradicting. So, the statement "There exists an absolute truth," is true.

Truth is all that which can be determined to exist. It is not a philosophical mind-bender, but rather a status dependent on conscious reality.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
Born This Way
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 03:04 PM
(25-09-2013 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 05:45 PM)Mike Wrote:  This is the problem that the theists have. When they hear we say something like, "there are not even single evidence for the existence of God/god, thus God/god aren't exist", then they quickly resort to respond like this "what you've asserted is an absolute truth, then you're contradicting yourself thus actually absolute truth exist, and you can't disprove it".

But even then, "absolute" is just a concept. But idk about the truth. Perhaps, it is also just a concept?

Science asserts a definite, tentative maybe. Probably.

We use pencils, not indelible ink. Yes

Not sure how a 'definite' can be maybe, but i get your drift.
As for "truth" I have always had massive difficulties.?./...

There are clear cut truths of course----heavy as opposed to light. When we get in to controversy though, 'truth' really get stretched in all directions.
Too much dogma can destroy dialogue, as one party endeavours to steam roll their rationale.

A perfect God? Having reached it He would have to be bored shitless!

"Lean,keen, and so serene"~~~
12-11-2013, 03:09 PM
"Does Absolute Truth exist or not?"

Absolutely not.

Oh wait.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.