Does America Still Fear Communism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: Does America Still Fear Communism?
Quote:To me it is.

Why???????????????????????
Because "I don't wanna pay tax" two year old tantrum argument?
Because that's exactly how it sounds, like you're too ignorant.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2012, 07:08 PM
(27-09-2012 05:59 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't know why you said you thought the other forms of taxes I mentioned before are okay because I mentioned just this issue with it.

When you are agreeing with a business/government and fill out you're official contracts and document tax forms.. YOU ARE GIVING CONSENT TO TAXATION. It is that black and white while I normally don't see many ideas as being so. I do not understand how giving the okay to an action, equals theft?

It's not in anyway limiting your freedom. Your freedom is to not take in an income in the traditional fashion. Under every definition of freedom there.. you have the ability to live without work; also, under those terms I see and always promoted that an individual has the freedom to break the law. Not everything a person is free to do is devoid of consequence.. If you wanted, you have the freedom to work an under the table paying job and have no income tax.

I don't think that argues against the idea of the laws to begin with.. I see the enforcing and creation of the laws two separate moral/immoral arguments.

Not true. "Under the table" income is illegal not to report, that is why it has to be done under the table, you don't want the government to see it. If you have ever filled out a tax return then you know you are supposed to report income other than from an employer that gives out W-2's. Living as a homeless person, begging for scraps of food and huddling under a bridge, or else living off of some inheritance (if you are one of the privileged few lucky enough for that) is the only ways to live legally in America without filing an income tax return. That is not me giving consent. It is 'okay' in the same way they made marijuana illegal. Forcing you to buy stamps to grow it, and then not selling any stamps.

earmuffs Wrote:Why???????????????????????
I am not pissed about paying income taxes. As a matter of fact, form my jobs aged 18-20 I received a full refund for being poor;Ages 20-25 I was in the military and although I made decent money a good deal of it was allowances so I still fell below the line; 25 to present I am a full time college student, so I still fall below that line. My argument is a matter of principle, whether you agree or not. My goal is not to avoid taxation where it is due.

27-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:My argument is a matter of principle

WHAT ARGUMENT?
You haven't presented it even though I have numerously requested it.

You're so wrong on this topic it's unbelievable.
I explained it to you and I really don't think you got it and it blows my mind as to how you don't understand something so basic.

27-09-2012, 07:42 PM
(27-09-2012 07:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:My argument is a matter of principle

WHAT ARGUMENT?
You haven't presented it even though I have numerously requested it.

You're so wrong on this topic it's unbelievable.
I explained it to you and I really don't think you got it and it blows my mind as to how you don't understand something so basic.

I've posted my argument numerous times, as you have requested. The only they that you have requested that I have not yet responded to is why an income tax is more efficient, or better than indirect taxes. If you don't have the same position as me after reading my argument, that is fine, but I have posted it many times, as in the paragraph that you took that simple excerpt from. I am not wrong, I just have an opinion that differs from yours. You are not going to change my mind but simply repeating that I am wrong. I understand the issue very well, no matter how vehemently you proclaim that I do not.

27-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote: I understand the issue very well, no matter how vehemently you proclaim that I do not.

No you really don't.
If you did you could not possibly think Income Tax was immoral for the reasons you have already stated.

It sounds exactly like you are having a 2year old tantrum because you don't want to pay it.
You can say you're not, but you are.

27-09-2012, 11:31 PM
(27-09-2012 07:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: I understand the issue very well, no matter how vehemently you proclaim that I do not.

No you really don't.
If you did you could not possibly think Income Tax was immoral for the reasons you have already stated.

It sounds exactly like you are having a 2year old tantrum because you don't want to pay it.

So your strategy to win me over is to ask me to explain myself, get the response, ignore the response, and accuse me of acting like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum? Okay then, I guess that ends the topic. The only thing I could add to the debate would be more name-calling, and that's not my style. Feel free to call me names but it won't illicit a response from me.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
28-09-2012, 12:08 AM
(27-09-2012 11:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(27-09-2012 07:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No you really don't.

So your strategy to win me over is to ask me to explain myself, get the response, ignore the response, and accuse me of acting like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum? Okay then, I guess that ends the topic. The only thing I could add to the debate would be more name-calling, and that's not my style. Feel free to call me names but it won't illicit a response from me.

No my strategy is to call your way of thinking illogical, ignorant, stupid (though that ties in with ignorant), irrational, and mind blowingly ridiculous.

Makes you look like a dumb fuck actually.

28-09-2012, 07:29 AM
(27-09-2012 07:08 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(27-09-2012 05:59 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't know why you said you thought the other forms of taxes I mentioned before are okay because I mentioned just this issue with it.

When you are agreeing with a business/government and fill out you're official contracts and document tax forms.. YOU ARE GIVING CONSENT TO TAXATION. It is that black and white while I normally don't see many ideas as being so. I do not understand how giving the okay to an action, equals theft?

It's not in anyway limiting your freedom. Your freedom is to not take in an income in the traditional fashion. Under every definition of freedom there.. you have the ability to live without work; also, under those terms I see and always promoted that an individual has the freedom to break the law. Not everything a person is free to do is devoid of consequence.. If you wanted, you have the freedom to work an under the table paying job and have no income tax.

I don't think that argues against the idea of the laws to begin with.. I see the enforcing and creation of the laws two separate moral/immoral arguments.

Not true. "Under the table" income is illegal not to report, that is why it has to be done under the table, you don't want the government to see it. If you have ever filled out a tax return then you know you are supposed to report income other than from an employer that gives out W-2's. Living as a homeless person, begging for scraps of food and huddling under a bridge, or else living off of some inheritance (if you are one of the privileged few lucky enough for that) is the only ways to live legally in America without filing an income tax return. That is not me giving consent. It is 'okay' in the same way they made marijuana illegal. Forcing you to buy stamps to grow it, and then not selling any stamps.

earmuffs Wrote:Why???????????????????????
I am not pissed about paying income taxes. As a matter of fact, form my jobs aged 18-20 I received a full refund for being poor;Ages 20-25 I was in the military and although I made decent money a good deal of it was allowances so I still fell below the line; 25 to present I am a full time college student, so I still fall below that line. My argument is a matter of principle, whether you agree or not. My goal is not to avoid taxation where it is due.

I know it's illegal.. did you not read on or understand the rest of the point. You have the freedom to do illegal actions.

Yes you can't live well without the instance of being forced to pay income tax.. but that is a personal choice. You can leave if you wish. You can make an argument on morality of the law in another form.. but it's not harping your freedom. You have the freedom to not follow the law, leave the country, or not work.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-09-2012, 08:56 AM
(27-09-2012 07:08 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  My argument is a matter of principle

You can be a principled idiot.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
28-09-2012, 09:09 AM