Does Anybody Around Here Have Any Dignity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Does Anybody Around Here Have Any Dignity?
@M. Linoge

If there is a group actively seeking to exterminate you then you don't reason with them. In this case violence or escape is answer.

When it comes to dehumanization I would propose mockery as people considering others subhumans aren't worthy of anything else nor they will be receptable to reasoned arguments.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
18-08-2017, 10:09 PM
(18-08-2017 01:51 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 12:34 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  An appropriate reaction would be listening to the arguments of the individual making the claims and respond with a counter-argument proving him/her wrong.

In principle this is fine, but it rarely happens this way in real life.

You are talking as a reasonable human being. Bigots are seldom reasonable and can’t support their specious claims with evidence. So you don’t have arguments and counter-arguments.

True. Race-warriors are beyond rationality. There's nothing we can do about them. But by creating a debate perhaps some of younger generation will be exposed to the truth.

In one of Hitchens' debates, the opponent - whose name I can't recall - shouts at the audience that "Hitches want to be God". (Because that's a valid argument for.... something)
Instead of firing back Hitchens waits his turn and does what he always does. Hopefully some of the people listening learned from it.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
18-08-2017, 10:42 PM
(18-08-2017 02:21 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @M. Linoge

If there is a group actively seeking to exterminate you then you don't reason with them. In this case violence or escape is answer.

When it comes to dehumanization I would propose mockery as people considering others subhumans aren't worthy of anything else nor they will be receptable to reasoned arguments.

I assumed Jury was talking about a situation preceding actual murder, since his suggested response was name-calling.
Once that line gets crossed, yes, definitely violence or escape.

In principle I also agree they don't deserve to be heard. However, since it isn't illegal (yet) to lie, be human scum, or raise your kids to be human scum, all we can do is wait for them to make the first move.
While we wait, the best way to make them look stupid is to let them speak. IMO.

Like this young white separatist who can't make up his mind whether the jews are out to get him or not. For starters.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
19-08-2017, 01:15 AM
I don't think I've ever met a Jew.

I guess that's what they want me to think.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2017, 01:30 AM
(19-08-2017 01:15 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I don't think I've ever met a Jew.

I guess that's what they want me to think.

They're clever that way. The Jews, I mean.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-08-2017, 04:04 AM
I am a drummer. So, no.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-08-2017, 04:26 AM
(18-08-2017 10:42 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 02:21 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @M. Linoge

I assumed Jury was talking about a situation preceding actual murder, since his suggested response was name-calling.
Once that line gets crossed, yes, definitely violence or escape.

In principle I also agree they don't deserve to be heard. However, since it isn't illegal (yet) to lie, be human scum, or raise your kids to be human scum, all we can do is wait for them to make the first move.
While we wait, the best way to make them look stupid is to let them speak. IMO.

Like this young white separatist who can't make up his mind whether the jews are out to get him or not. For starters.

"We" can do more than wait - mock them, show idiocy of their "arguments" do counter protests when necessary... May not be much but it is still something.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-08-2017, 05:36 AM
I reckon just hire a hit man and have them killed.

Try ebay.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.