Does Anybody Interpret Dreams Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: Does Anybody Interpret Dreams Here?
(06-04-2016 09:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  OMG where's Egor when you need him!? Egor! EGOR WHERE ART THOU!?

That's what I was thinking! Ego® finally has something we need around here. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-04-2016, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 11:25 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
I keep having anxiety dreams. I think that means I have anxiety. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
06-04-2016, 11:32 PM
I had many dreams as a kid that involved some sort of fall or injury, and I always woke up on the floor. I think the brain made something to fit the scenario, and the timeline was dilated to fit.
One time I was being chased by bad guys and ran around a corner and hit one of those slick patches of ice and landed on my hip. You guessed it, I had fallen out of bed on that hip.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
07-04-2016, 02:01 AM
(06-04-2016 08:06 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Anybody got a guess?

While dreams are influenced by who you are - your memories etc, interpretation is kinda more of a branch of voodoo I think. We are too individualistic for dreams to have some kind of consistent interpretation. I mean... It's easy when it's dreams about stuff that we're super worried about. Say you're worried about money and you have a dream where you find something that's worth a lot. Your brain IMO does that just to let you let go of the worry for a while. I've had dreams where the girl of the moment features prominently... that's hardly difficult to figure out. But weird dreams - when the mind wanders the brain throws up all kinds of strange shit. To make sense of it is... missing the point I think. There is most probably no real underlying sense to tease out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-04-2016, 03:06 AM
I interpret dreams about as well as I interpret modern art.

Which is to say, not very well, and I'm usually an asshole about it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-04-2016, 03:10 AM
(06-04-2016 09:26 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 09:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not only that but while I'm asleep I am somehow able to tell whether this is gonna be a fart of epic proportions or I'm gonna shit myself. How the fuck do I know that when I'm asleep?

One night I actually woke up, grabbed my phone, and recorded a huge fart. Thing is, I had no memory of it the next morning. A 10 second recording was the only evidence I had.
Hahahaha. THAT, has made my day. Thank you.
07-04-2016, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 03:50 AM by Brian37.)
There is nothing to interpret about dreams. During your entire life you have far more that you forget than remember. They are just dreams. At best the can denote a stress in your life that you are either aware of or unaware of combined with physical things like diet, amount of sleep and or brain chemistry imbalance. There are perfectly natural reasons for reoccurring dreams, and none of those natural reasons have to do with them being signs.

They do eventually go away, but can be dealt with by writing them down, and or trying to figure out in your waking life what is stressing you, like a job, loved one, friend anxiety about an prior event, or something you are not looking forward to doing, or a sudden change in your daily life. But they are still only dreams.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
07-04-2016, 04:29 AM
I am having recurring weird dreams too, with the same recurring motive.
Is there a scientifically sound way of interpretation? Can science (psychology?) tell us anything about this? Is there anything to it, or not (that we know of yet)?

Please spare me the woo, im only interested in sane methods.

I have heard that writing down and then investigating yourself should work. But in my case i wouldnt know what to start even.
07-04-2016, 04:45 AM
(07-04-2016 04:29 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I am having recurring weird dreams too, with the same recurring motive.
Is there a scientifically sound way of interpretation? Can science (psychology?) tell us anything about this? Is there anything to it, or not (that we know of yet)?

Please spare me the woo, im only interested in sane methods.

I have heard that writing down and then investigating yourself should work. But in my case i wouldnt know what to start even.

There is no woo involved, reoccurring dreams are really no different than a scratch on an old 45lp that makes a record skip and repeat. It is a matter of mentally figuring out how to remove the arm from the record. Its mental and physical, nothing more.

I had one for years as a kid after seeing a scary movie "Escape From Witch Mountain". Everyso often I would dream about being stuck in the movie with the characters. I look back at it now, it was right after being adopted, and the stress of being removed from your biological family doesn't help. Plus I was sensitive and bullied as a kid and of course had no concept of scientific reality in that witches don't exist.

This merely means you have some underlying stress about something and or combined with diet and amount of sleep. There is nothing about those dreams that is real other than your brain's imagination.

As an adult I've had dreams when upon waking up realized that my brain was responding to the TV show I fell asleep listening to. Just know there is no woo or magic going on here, they really are just dreams.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
07-04-2016, 04:47 AM
It is the same bullshit when a parent says "A parent knows" when they have bad feelings about when their kids don't contact them. They ignore all the times they have those same bad feelings and nothing bad happens. It is selection bias and sample rate error.