Does Anyone Believe in Noah's Ark?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: Does Anyone Believe in Noah's Ark?
I am seriously coming to the conclusion that modern theists could not pass elementary school.

A grade 6 education might qualify as a miracle

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
20-06-2013, 10:10 PM
(20-06-2013 10:06 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I am seriously coming to the conclusion that modern theists could not pass elementary school.

You kind of have to bury your head pretty far in the sand to be a YEC bible literalist these days. My favorite part is how they all claim science is a lie, on their computers, on a worldwide information network, invented by a gay atheist.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-06-2013, 10:13 PM
If seashells were deposited by the receding flood, then they would be everywhere, not just on mountains. They would be roughly evenly distributed - along with the concomitant dirt and silt, and a hell of a lot of dead biomass. That's leaving aside the question of where the flood water came from and where it went.

ANY attempt to justify a literal global flood is so immediately full of gaping holes of ignorance, denial of observation and evidence, wishful (desperate, rather!) thinking, and plain old shit that it self-destructs when put to any intellectual rigour.

Or you can go with the cumulative and self-consistent explanation, in tune with all other known facts of geology.

Your choice.
20-06-2013, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 01:47 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
(20-06-2013 09:48 PM)theword Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 07:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Weeping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orogeny
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth
Bucky, you seem to be a very intelligent atheist. Are there sea shells on mountain tops? Yes or no?
I will give you a little time to research this. Thanks Bucky Boy!

[Image: Facepalm.jpg]

Even I give you the benefit of the doubt but to answer your question quite simply is yes, we find seashells on mountaintops. The apparent reason for this is because of tectonic plates lifting these once submerged areas and forming them into mountains. Remember, the world has had millions upon millions of years to collect these shells and move them and we can clearly see tectonic plates at work. Especially around the ring of fire.

Now, the apparent counter to this by people such as yourself who are overwhelmingly not supported by scientist and researchers is that the world was flooded despite not having enough water on the entire planet(including snow and water vapor within the air) Also, do you completely understand that the flood had to be around 29,000 feet to cover all land? At that height they would easily freeze to death.

Water animals would be affected as well! Water temperature and pressure will change drastically!

I will leave this video but it is clear that you want to believe because you simply want to. I understand if you want to use magic to justify your belief but in our rational world that is not an answer that I am willing to accept.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
21-06-2013, 11:27 AM
(20-06-2013 10:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 10:06 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I am seriously coming to the conclusion that modern theists could not pass elementary school.

You kind of have to bury your head pretty far in the sand to be a YEC bible literalist these days. My favorite part is how they all claim science is a lie, on their computers, on a worldwide information network, invented by a gay atheist.

Yep, YEC's are the punching bag for EVERYBODY that isn't a YEC. Few things are more enjoyable than an watching an atheist and moderate Christian intellectually bitchslapping a biblical literalist at the same time.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
21-06-2013, 11:30 AM
(20-06-2013 09:45 PM)theword Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 07:45 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ~from http://insidemc.montgomerycollege.edu/de...p?id=25678
~from http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC364.html
Thanks so much for your reply. I just love it when you astute atheists confirm what I just posted.
I posted that seashells could be found on mountain tops...
Opening up your links claims:

"Shells on mountains are easily explained by uplift of the land."
" For centuries, human beings puzzled over the anomaly of fossil seashells found high in mountains and far from the sea."

Wow! That's just what I said... Now, for those of you who are a little slow (all atheists)..... This just in,,,, there are shells on mountain tops....

Laugh out load Thanks for the laugh, that was great! Laugh out load

Oh... sorry, I suppose I'll have to explain it to you. It was your condescending tone and calling others "slow" after you quite obviously missed the entire point. Laughat

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
21-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Bonerfart theist: "Hey, guess what atheists,[insert random assertion here], CHECKMATE!"
Atheists: "Not even close and here is why [insert reasonable counterpoint here]."
Bonerfart theist: "Ooo cool, hey guess what, [reinsert same debunked point], CHECKMATE!"
Atheists: "We already explained this to you..."
Bonerfart theist: LALALALALALALLALALLALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
21-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Noah was always one of my biggest struggles with the OT. I went to high school with a native/indigenous American who would talk about how he got to North America and what xians did with him. I also struggled with how all plants survived, especially the carnivorous ones. I also thought about not wanting to know how Noah got all of the animals on the arc but what kind of god kills 99+% of life. My new self thinks it is totally false. The rebellious Jews stole it from the epic of Gilgamesh and/or the epic of Atra-Hasis.

Greetings carbon-based bipeds. - Arthur Clarke
The stars died so you could be here today. - Lawrence Krauss
Mathematics is the language of nature. - Lawrence Krauss
I care to live only to entice people to look at Nature's loveliness. - John Muir
[+] 1 user Likes wisergeek's post