Does Anyone Believe in Noah's Ark?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Does Anyone Believe in Noah's Ark?
Why are we expected to believe in crap there is not evidence for?

Every so often some group claims to have found 'The Ark' (angelic choir sings AHHHH). It's a miracle, whoops, nevermind...not the ark. Keep looking, damn, thought we found it this time.

Just like the end times claims...the world is gonna end by God's hand on this date....uh oh, bad math...who the hell had Anjele do the fucking math? New date comes and goes and no rapture, didn't carry the 3...new date.

Bullshit, covered up with lies and more bullshit. Smoke and mirrors that suckers some in.

Wait...the ark, I see it, it's over there....nope, sorry, it's rock formation, or maybe it's the rapture starting...

Such crap

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2013, 09:30 PM
There was a History Channel special I watch (7 or 8 years ago when it's credibility was far less suspect) where they did a little bit about how the real Noah was supposedly a merchant king en route across the sea to repay debt/trade in the form of beer, goats, gain and other trade goods who was caught in a terrible storm, lost at sea for weeks and survived on the goods he meant to trade and who ultimately lived to tell the rather interesting tail and that the rest is just embellishment/mythos.

...Seems plausible to me. Certainly there was no world encompassing flood, or 2 of every animal or anything like that.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2013, 09:32 PM
(17-06-2013 09:11 PM)David Lee Wrote:  
(17-06-2013 09:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Precisely. You live by myth?

Not exactly. I try to differentiate between the two without the emotional attachment.

Then science is the answer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Because every animal species on the planet was within walking distance of an old coots house and he had enough family members to feed the millions of animals and shovel their crap out of a single window... Makes total sense...
17-06-2013, 09:33 PM
And the animals didn't eat one another...don't forget that. The carnivores were on a 40 day cleanse.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-06-2013, 09:37 PM
(17-06-2013 09:24 PM)David Lee Wrote:  Ahhhh . . . G. You know? If you have an accurate date of the Pentatuech, and compare the earliest manuscripts of the aforementioned Epic Alexandria, you might want to give that bit of propaganda a second thought.

What is the earliest manuscript of Gilgamesh (not that there weren't earlier manuscritps, but [Laughs] given the current atheist speculation at least that)?

Huh? You been spoon fed.

Sorry to burst your bubble, David, but I believe it is you that has been spoon fed. The Epic of Gilgamesh is dated to the second millennium BCE; while the Pentateuch is dated to the first millennium. Perhaps you should take care which propaganda you are swallowing.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
[+] 3 users Like Diogenes of Mayberry's post
17-06-2013, 09:39 PM
You know, for an all powerful being who could have simply snapped his fingers and removed the offending humans, the motherfucker decided to kill 99.99% of all the animals who didn't do squat and 99.99% of all the people including the children.

What an asshole.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
17-06-2013, 09:39 PM
(17-06-2013 09:37 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  
(17-06-2013 09:24 PM)David Lee Wrote:  Ahhhh . . . G. You know? If you have an accurate date of the Pentatuech, and compare the earliest manuscripts of the aforementioned Epic Alexandria, you might want to give that bit of propaganda a second thought.

What is the earliest manuscript of Gilgamesh (not that there weren't earlier manuscritps, but [Laughs] given the current atheist speculation at least that)?

Huh? You been spoon fed.

Sorry to burst your bubble, David, but I believe it is you that has been spoon fed. The Epic of Gilgamesh is dated to the second millennium BCE; while the Pentateuch is dated to the first millennium. Perhaps you should take care which propaganda you are swallowing.

You're being generous, 500 BCE is technically 1 millennium but is much more recent than that makes it sound.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-06-2013, 09:40 PM
[/quote]

Ahhh some REASON
[+] 2 users Like Bjorn's post
17-06-2013, 10:00 PM
(17-06-2013 09:37 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  

Huh? You been spoon fed.

Doing some further reading the author of the flood story in the Epic of Gilgamesh based it on an even OLDER story, the Atra-Hasis from the 18th century BCE Akkadian epic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atra-Hasis

Tablet III of the Atrahasis Epic contains the flood story. This is the part that was adapted in the Epic of Gilgamesh, tablet XI.

So much for originality. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce