Does Anyone Believe in Noah's Ark?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: Does Anyone Believe in Noah's Ark?
(18-06-2013 08:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Sure it's a literal account. Literally an account of psychopaths and idiots. Tongue

(18-06-2013 08:40 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I personally accept that 2+2=4...because that is based in reality.

No. It is axiomatic. Tongue

Nope.
  • 0 is a natural number.
  • For every natural number x, x = x.
  • For all natural numbers x and y, if x = y, then y = x.
  • For all natural numbers x, y and z, if x = y and y = z, then x = z.
  • For all a and b, if a is a natural number and a = b, then b is also a natural number.
  • For every natural number n, S(n) is a natural number.
  • For every natural number n, S(n) = 0 is false.
  • For all natural numbers m and n, if S(m) = S(n), then m = n.
is axiomatic.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-06-2013, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2013 07:41 PM by Full Circle.)
(18-06-2013 07:23 AM)David Lee Wrote:  
(17-06-2013 08:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Dude, go to post #3 on this thread, read the paper hyperlinked, take a few moments to watch the short video. Once that is done please provide a coherent refute of the math and the science so we can discuss it in more depth (pun intended). Or is this going to devolve into "God said it, it's in the Bible, I believe it, the end"? Drinking Beverage

Your argument is to point me to a hyperlink? You want me to do all the work for you? If you have nothing to say then say nothing is my advise to you, or else get off your lazy ass and present an argument.

My advise to you is get off your lazy ass and enroll in some fucking college classes and get yourself a proper education. The fact that you believe that the flood story happened in light of all the scientific refutation puts you beyond the pale of being enlightened by verifiable proof.

It amazes me that grown adults can walk around in total cognative dissonance and still be able to tie their own shoe laces. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
18-06-2013, 09:05 AM
(18-06-2013 08:46 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 07:58 AM)kim Wrote:  No, no one believes in Noah's Ark - it's all complete cock.

It's a story from an old book of folk tails; where you been? Drinking Beverage

Kimmie...did you mean crock? Laughat

No, I could have used bollocks - would have been the same sentiment.

Probably Brit overexposure on my part. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-06-2013, 09:07 AM
(18-06-2013 07:52 AM)David Lee Wrote:  
(17-06-2013 09:37 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  Sorry to burst your bubble, David, but I believe it is you that has been spoon fed. The Epic of Gilgamesh is dated to the second millennium BCE; while the Pentateuch is dated to the first millennium. Perhaps you should take care which propaganda you are swallowing.
The flood account was written in 1513 B.C.E.

At the risk of feeding the troll . . . where's your proof of this claim? Oh, let me guess, in the Bible. Sorry pal, biblical chronology of its own timeline has been debunked by archaeologists and historians. FFS, even Jewish Rabbi's will tell you that. Google Rabbi David Wolpe's 2001 Passover sermon . . . I ain't gonna do all your thinking and work for you.

Nite nite.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
18-06-2013, 09:14 AM
(18-06-2013 09:05 AM)kim Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 08:46 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Kimmie...did you mean crock? Laughat

No, I could have used bollocks - would have been the same sentiment.

Watching a lot of PBS shows? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Did I mention, Chas is a pedantic poopyhead? Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
18-06-2013, 09:18 AM

(18-06-2013 09:07 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  At the risk of feeding the troll . . . where's your proof of this claim? Oh, let me guess, in the Bible. Sorry pal, biblical chronology of its own timeline has been debunked by archaeologists and historians. FFS, even Jewish Rabbi's will tell you that. Google Rabbi David Wolpe's 2001 Passover sermon . . . I ain't gonna do all your thinking and work for you.

Nite nite.

Unbelievable. If the best you can do is make an assertion and then suggest I research your unfounded conclusion then don't bother. Do all MY work for me?! Unbelievable.
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2013, 09:21 AM

(18-06-2013 09:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Did I mention, Chas is a pedantic poopyhead? Consider

You needn't have. I think it's in his sig, isn't it?
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2013, 09:21 AM
(18-06-2013 09:18 AM)David Lee Wrote:  Unbelievable. If the best you can do is make an assertion and then suggest I research your unfounded conclusion then don't bother. Do all MY work for me?! Unbelievable.

Pot, I'd like to introduce you to kettle. I'm done playing this game with you. Tata.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
18-06-2013, 09:29 AM
(18-06-2013 09:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 09:05 AM)kim Wrote:  No, I could have used bollocks - would have been the same sentiment.

Watching a lot of PBS shows? Consider

Qi. I have several episodes loaded on my hard drive. To get me through the series hiatus.
This guy usually keeps up pretty well. I don't think I've ever not seen an episode, including specials and even the pilot. It's been on for 10 years and won't be finished until they run through the entire alphabet.

I'm avidly awaiting season K. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post