Does Anyone Here Do Tai Chi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Does Anyone Here Do Tai Chi?
I was wanting to do something besides walking but with my damaged ankle and knee I'm limited as to what I can do successfully. I thought maybe Tai Chi might be good as it's more about fluidity of motion rather than endurance. Lots of stretching, flexing and rhythm.

If I search videos there's a ton so if anyone does this I'd appreciate some feedback and some video advice. I don't want to purchase a bunch of crap and spend money I don't need to also, I don't want a manic coach like Richard Simmons nor do I want someone who'll put me to sleep.

Some nice oriental music in the background would be good too. Smile

Thx

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: Does Anyone Here Do Tai Chi?
First try your town rec dept, there may be free classes in a local park. I see a lot of people doing Tai Chi in parks.

I don't do Tai Chi. I bought a video and tried, got bored. It probably is more interesting when you do it outside.

I do work on my balance by doing stuff like standing on one leg for a few minutes at a time (try doing that while you're brushing your teeth, keeping your eyes closed, harder than you'd think), all kinds of interesting little exercises like that around.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
26-05-2016, 07:05 PM
(26-05-2016 07:02 PM)julep Wrote:  First try your town rec dept, there may be free classes in a local park. I see a lot of people doing Tai Chi in parks.

I don't do Tai Chi. I bought a video and tried, got bored. It probably is more interesting when you do it outside.

I do work on my balance by doing stuff like standing on one leg for a few minutes at a time (try doing that while you're brushing your teeth, keeping your eyes closed, harder than you'd think), all kinds of interesting little exercises like that around.

Thx, I guess I should have said that I have no interest in public exercise. Don't want to scare the kiddies. Laugh out load

I am a little concerned about the boredom thing doing it by myself.

26-05-2016, 07:09 PM
The routine I tried in my home was less smelly than watching paint dry, but a bit less stimulating.

I hope you can find something like Bruce Lee Tai Chi, so you can do badass moves in slow motion.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
26-05-2016, 07:11 PM
I tried it once. It was too strenuous.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-05-2016, 07:16 PM
(26-05-2016 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I tried it once. It was too strenuous.

Yeah, I'm afraid of that too. Sadcryface

(Of course, I know you might be teasing but I'm quite serious.) Smile

26-05-2016, 07:17 PM
(26-05-2016 07:16 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I tried it once. It was too strenuous.

Yeah, I'm afraid of that too. Sadcryface

(Of course, I know you might be teasing but I'm quite serious.) Smile

I am teasing but I'm quite serious.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it's good with soy sauce. Haha jk. I'd say find some free options and start slow, if you like it, put money into it and commit, if not you have a way to back out.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
26-05-2016, 09:32 PM
I don't do it mostly because I can't find a free program, but there are many health benefits to it.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-he...of-tai-chi

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
27-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Chai tea?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post