Does Atheism give no hope ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: Does Atheism give no hope ?
(14-07-2016 08:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 07:44 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I agree with other's statements on this issue. I feel like atheists place much more value on our lives, many Christians I've known have gladly declared they don't care at all about what happens to them in this life or even what they do. Oh, I just committed a crime? That's cool I'll ask Jesus for forgiveness while I go to prison, it's all good.

They've wasted everything they could've experienced. They were mind slaves to a master who doesn't have the audacity to even say hello to them, that's pretty sad and hopeless if you ask me. Everything I do has a extra layer of importance to it, what is the purpose of my life? To live! That should be enough, how rare and precious it is to be a part of this universe and be conscious, intelligent and self aware, to feel and learn every day until I die.

Where is the hope? I have hope for humanity, for our progression, that every day will be better than the last one. I have hope we will shed our reliance on invisible deities and embrace reality and science. On a personal level I hope when I die I won't feel angry or sad but happy that I lived my life on my own terms, that I never accepted a lesser life because I was afraid. I hope I can be a good example to everyone who knows me, that's it and that's all...still don't need a God for that. I honestly wonder why anyone would. Consider

Quoting one of my favorite historical figures again today. Smile

[Image: 75FqVXL.jpg]

Love it! Sigged.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
15-07-2016, 01:34 PM
(14-07-2016 05:47 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  A while ago i had a conversation with a theist who said the following

Quote:the biggiest problem with atheism is it can't give you hope it's literally saying life sucks tough shit while Christianity gives a purpose and and better tomorrow

So the value of something is the result it produces.
Whether it's true or not is irrelevant.
Kinda like Nazi eugenics.
I see.
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2016, 02:29 PM
(15-07-2016 04:02 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 02:14 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

My slight beef with atheism is that its got the word 'theism' inside it. Agnostic suits me, as it doesn't imply that I'm for or against anything in particular; just don't know what's going on.

D.

Well Gnostism teaches that gnosis (variously interpreted as knowledge, enlightenment, salvation, emancipation or 'oneness with God') may be reached by practicing philanthropy to the point of personal poverty, sexual abstinence (as far as possible for hearers, entirely for initiates) and diligently searching for wisdom by helping others.

So you're against all that then?Consider

Hi Silly,

Looks like I might need a new label. Huh

Its a project. Smile

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post