Does Dirt have DNA or RNA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Re: Does Dirt have DNA or RNA?
I thought man was made from clay.. Does clay have DNA?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Does Dirt have DNA or RNA?
Clay Matthews does.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
08-11-2012, 03:24 AM
RE: Does Dirt have DNA or RNA?
Dirt is quite a general term. I assume you are referring to soil? It depends on what type of soil you are looking at though. Some are rich in DNA, in the sense that they are populated with soil bacteria and/or containing organic matter, while some are not, in the sense that the soil is purely formed from the erosion of rocks.

Here's a simpler one: Ask them to define a cell, and ask them what are the basic critical components/organelles in a cell that without them, the cell cannot function. See how much they understand about the cell.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
08-11-2012, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 04:41 AM by Free Thought.)
(07-11-2012 06:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I thought man was made from clay.. Does clay have DNA?

Well montmorillonite clay is a key participant in current Abiogenesis hypothesis's as it may have attracted and massed the nucleotides that form RNA, causing them to bond and polymerize...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-11-2012, 08:39 AM
So then, is the Dirt/DNA line of argument a solid argument to a creationist?
08-11-2012, 08:44 AM
(08-11-2012 08:39 AM)Denicio Wrote:  So then, is the Dirt/DNA line of argument a solid argument to a creationist?
What is the creationist argument? You don't seem to have made that clear, at least not to me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2012, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't say so Denicio. As others, far more qualified than I, have pointed out; Dirt is far too vague. Dirt'll just lead to filthy semantics... If they changed to clay on the other hand they might have a very tenuous case on their feeble, desperately grasping hands.

Wait... I was supposed to answer that right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-11-2012, 08:49 AM
(08-11-2012 08:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 08:39 AM)Denicio Wrote:  So then, is the Dirt/DNA line of argument a solid argument to a creationist?
What is the creationist argument? You don't seem to have made that clear, at least not to me.

They believe god reached down, grabbed some dirt and breathed life into the dirt which became man.
If Dirt is DNAless...then insane to think we came from dirt.
I see it as a way to combat the "You actually believe we came from a single cell or randomness" type of argument.
Genesis 2:7 reads "the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his
nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

So god blew into dirt and it gave life? His stinky breath or the dirt would seemingly have to have DNA based on what we know about genetics, right?

D
08-11-2012, 08:52 AM
(08-11-2012 08:49 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 08:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is the creationist argument? You don't seem to have made that clear, at least not to me.

They believe god reached down, grabbed some dirt and breathed life into the dirt which became man.
I see it as a way to combat the "You actually believe we came from a single cell or randomness" type of argument.
Genesis 2:7 reads "the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his

So god blew into dirt and it gave life? His stinky breath or the dirt would seemingly have to have DNA based on what we know about genetics, right?

D
Well, dirt only has DNA or RNA that was left there by organisms.

But, really, arguing against magic spells with scientific details? Fool's errand.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-11-2012, 08:53 AM
(08-11-2012 08:49 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 08:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is the creationist argument? You don't seem to have made that clear, at least not to me.

D
In that case. No, they still don't have an argument, they have stupid, and lots of it.

Fuckers can't even purpose how god's Halitosis animated the dust..