Does God have any moral responsibility to his children?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: Does God have any moral responsibility to his children?
(29-05-2013 02:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  It depends on how you define God. If God is the Divine Source, and if it created us to be its mirrors, then no, it can create or destroy however it sees fit. The flip side of that is, however, that anything we experience God experiences. If he sends us to hell, He goes to hell with us.

A good thinker.

Always good to find one.

My beliefs in God follow along the lines shown in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

From this POV, you are exactly correct.

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 06:40 AM
It's a stupid, inconsistent, illogical story made up by and for stupid, inconsistent, illogical people; and if you think swimming in that quagmire does anything other than justify their stupid, inconsistent, and illogical beliefs, that's all you.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2013, 06:41 AM
(29-05-2013 04:13 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 01:06 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  It is the best answer I can give you. It is unfortunate that you do not understand the concept of not fighting evil and that if you do not, it will grow.

Regards
DL

You fail to understand it doesn't have a point since there is no defined answer to what billions at this stage believe.

But we know you love connections between anything.

Most gods in scriptures don't demonstrate what people today would call moral responsibility to their children. Yet many believe their idea of God does...

All you're asking is, is God benevolent which means diddly to many atheists. What people believe is different across perspective, why ask it about generic term God.

Because God has become generic as just someone who is to be blindly followed.

You cannot have much of a sense of social conscience if you will not try to correct the billions who are thinking poorly and hurting others by their acting on those beliefs.

For that evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Regards
DL
30-05-2013, 06:44 AM
(30-05-2013 01:13 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Does the flying spaghetti monster have a moral responsibility to all the noodles in the world is a more relevant question.

No wait, it's not. They are both imaginary.

And fighting an imaginary evil is just silly.

True but it is not imaginary to those who use his words to cause harm to others. Pity for your thinking if you cannot see the difference and ignore that damage.

Regards
DL
30-05-2013, 06:46 AM
(30-05-2013 06:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's a stupid, inconsistent, illogical story made up by and for stupid, inconsistent, illogical people; and if you think swimming in that quagmire does anything other than justify their stupid, inconsistent, and illogical beliefs, that's all you.

I agree except for your last.
I do not follow that prick.

Regards
DL
30-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Not only can you not save the world, ya can't save anybody.

30-05-2013, 07:10 AM
(29-05-2013 01:06 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  It is the best answer I can give you. It is unfortunate that you do not understand the concept of not fighting evil and that if you do not, it will grow.

A double negative. Hmm... So she doesn't know the concept, but it's of not fighting evil so I'm guessing it got turned into a positive and so she's unknowingly fighting evil and not allowing it to grow.

Fuck, I need a drink.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-05-2013, 07:34 AM
(30-05-2013 06:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Not only can you not save the world, ya can't save anybody.

Thanks for telling us what is in your crystal ball.

You speak and believe in your crystal ball God with all the certainty of a believer in the Christian one.

Regards
DL
30-05-2013, 08:07 AM
(30-05-2013 06:44 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 01:13 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Does the flying spaghetti monster have a moral responsibility to all the noodles in the world is a more relevant question.

No wait, it's not. They are both imaginary.

And fighting an imaginary evil is just silly.

True but it is not imaginary to those who use his words to cause harm to others. Pity for your thinking if you cannot see the difference and ignore that damage.

Regards
DL

I responded to your question "Does some imaginary god have a responsibility to the human beings that invented it"

If you want to talk about the HARM that religion does around the world, sure I'm all in for that, but your question was a hypothetical. "If a god existed, then would it bare responsibility for what it has or has not done" ?

I'm paraphrasing of course.

And it's it's still imaginary for those that believe it's true. Believing it's true doesn't make it true. It's still imaginary.
People believing imaginary things or false propositions can do a great deal of harm.

What do you propose we do about the harm that religion creates ?

About the only thing we can do is educate and not let religious people attempt to take away science in education. Once people are able to use reason and skepticism and to think critically about the world they live in, it's then that religion will die off.

As long as people want to continue living in fear of some imaginary sky daddy who loves you all the way to hell, then we're going to have some trouble moving forward as a society.

Luckily we have a new generation of kids who will hopefully grow up less religious than their parents.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
30-05-2013, 08:49 AM
(30-05-2013 07:34 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 06:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Not only can you not save the world, ya can't save anybody.

Thanks for telling us what is in your crystal ball.

You speak and believe in your crystal ball God with all the certainty of a believer in the Christian one.

Regards
DL

Nope. That would be my Gwynnies. And nope. They ain't got my kind of faith. Tongue

Besides, you called Egor a "good thinker." Kinda hints at your intellectual capacity. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post