Does God have any moral responsibility to his children?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 09:20 AM
RE: Does God have any moral responsibility to his children?
(30-05-2013 08:07 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 06:44 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  True but it is not imaginary to those who use his words to cause harm to others. Pity for your thinking if you cannot see the difference and ignore that damage.

Regards
DL

I responded to your question "Does some imaginary god have a responsibility to the human beings that invented it"

If you want to talk about the HARM that religion does around the world, sure I'm all in for that, but your question was a hypothetical. "If a god existed, then would it bare responsibility for what it has or has not done" ?

I'm paraphrasing of course.

And it's it's still imaginary for those that believe it's true. Believing it's true doesn't make it true. It's still imaginary.
People believing imaginary things or false propositions can do a great deal of harm.

What do you propose we do about the harm that religion creates ?

About the only thing we can do is educate and not let religious people attempt to take away science in education. Once people are able to use reason and skepticism and to think critically about the world they live in, it's then that religion will die off.

As long as people want to continue living in fear of some imaginary sky daddy who loves you all the way to hell, then we're going to have some trouble moving forward as a society.

Luckily we have a new generation of kids who will hopefully grow up less religious than their parents.

Therein lies what we can and must do. Show the young that it is good to think independently of dogma and tradition.

We do so by engaging strongly those forces of evil, religion in this case, that will assail them.

Praise God must be drowned out by praise mankind and many voices will be required to have the desired effect.

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 09:39 AM
(30-05-2013 09:20 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 08:07 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I responded to your question "Does some imaginary god have a responsibility to the human beings that invented it"

If you want to talk about the HARM that religion does around the world, sure I'm all in for that, but your question was a hypothetical. "If a god existed, then would it bare responsibility for what it has or has not done" ?

I'm paraphrasing of course.

And it's it's still imaginary for those that believe it's true. Believing it's true doesn't make it true. It's still imaginary.
People believing imaginary things or false propositions can do a great deal of harm.

What do you propose we do about the harm that religion creates ?

About the only thing we can do is educate and not let religious people attempt to take away science in education. Once people are able to use reason and skepticism and to think critically about the world they live in, it's then that religion will die off.

As long as people want to continue living in fear of some imaginary sky daddy who loves you all the way to hell, then we're going to have some trouble moving forward as a society.

Luckily we have a new generation of kids who will hopefully grow up less religious than their parents.

Therein lies what we can and must do. Show the young that it is good to think independently of dogma and tradition.

We do so by engaging strongly those forces of evil, religion in this case, that will assail them.

Praise God must be drowned out by praise mankind and many voices will be required to have the desired effect.

Regards
DL

Does my heart good to hear you say that GreatestIAm !!!

*waves*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
30-05-2013, 09:55 AM
(30-05-2013 09:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 09:20 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Therein lies what we can and must do. Show the young that it is good to think independently of dogma and tradition.

Regards
DL

Does my heart good to hear you say that GreatestIAm !!!

*waves*

I am not an atheist but that being the case I hope you will promote what is required to give atheists a stronger voice and advocate the idea that some have for an atheist church, --- even as the term is not well understood.

Organized religion will fall faster if an organized atheist church or organization is in place to take care of our natural tribal joining tendencies.

Regards
DL
30-05-2013, 12:13 PM
no no no. I hope never to see an atheist church. I think you misunderstand what humans need and get from religion. Religion is born of and maintained by ignorance.
30-05-2013, 12:41 PM
(30-05-2013 12:13 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  no no no. I hope never to see an atheist church. I think you misunderstand what humans need and get from religion. Religion is born of and maintained by ignorance.

I do not agree.

Listen and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64_El2s7FU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oe6HUgrRlQ

Regards
DL
30-05-2013, 12:45 PM
(30-05-2013 09:55 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 09:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Does my heart good to hear you say that GreatestIAm !!!

*waves*

I am not an atheist but that being the case I hope you will promote what is required to give atheists a stronger voice and advocate the idea that some have for an atheist church, --- even as the term is not well understood.

Organized religion will fall faster if an organized atheist church or organization is in place to take care of our natural tribal joining tendencies.

Regards
DL

We already have atheist churches, but they go by a different name.
They are called schools, colleges, universities.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
30-05-2013, 01:09 PM
(30-05-2013 12:45 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 09:55 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I am not an atheist but that being the case I hope you will promote what is required to give atheists a stronger voice and advocate the idea that some have for an atheist church, --- even as the term is not well understood.

Regards
DL

We already have atheist churches, but they go by a different name.
They are called schools, colleges, universities.

100 % or so go to these places yet the vast majority do not call themselves atheists. I think only about 5% to 10 % of us claim to be.

Not much of the fellowship that our tribal natures crave in those.

Listen to those two links above and you will change your mind.

Regards
DL