Does Islam need a reformation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: Does Islam need a reformation?
(05-09-2014 01:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  The Thirty Years' War was already one of the bloodiest wars of all time. Add to that the French and British religious wars... Old-fashioned methods got pretty good high scores already.

Hence the Shocking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Reltzik, I'm not very good at writing my thoughts and feelings down even though I should be, as English is my first language and I'm attending university. However, everything you have said is a perfect reflection on how I feel towards Islam.

Furthermore, how would you deal with the situation then? I think that the only way to defeat Islam is to destroy it (Though I am against violence at any cost except the cost of more violence.)

I think that ISIS will take over the rest of Iraq and Syria. I've already read reports of them having internal power in Jordan and deals with the Jordanian king. Next will be Israel. Israel have nukes. This can not be allowed. Iran and Israel MUST co-operate in my opinion. The middle east has to solve itself, but if they do get hold of WMD's. Outside intervention is a must.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
05-09-2014, 04:43 PM
(05-09-2014 04:24 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I think that ISIS will take over the rest of Iraq and Syria. I've already read reports of them having internal power in Jordan and deals with the Jordanian king. Next will be Israel. Israel have nukes. This can not be allowed. Iran and Israel MUST co-operate in my opinion. The middle east has to solve itself, but if they do get hold of WMD's. Outside intervention is a must.

I doubt that Israel would resort to their officially ambiguous nuclear arsenal in the case of an ISIS invasion...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-09-2014, 04:51 PM
(05-09-2014 04:43 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 04:24 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I think that ISIS will take over the rest of Iraq and Syria. I've already read reports of them having internal power in Jordan and deals with the Jordanian king. Next will be Israel. Israel have nukes. This can not be allowed. Iran and Israel MUST co-operate in my opinion. The middle east has to solve itself, but if they do get hold of WMD's. Outside intervention is a must.

I doubt that Israel would resort to their officially ambiguous nuclear arsenal in the case of an ISIS invasion...

Never implied such a thing.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
05-09-2014, 04:59 PM
(05-09-2014 04:51 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 04:43 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I doubt that Israel would resort to their officially ambiguous nuclear arsenal in the case of an ISIS invasion...

Never implied such a thing.

Quote: Next will be Israel. Israel have nukes. This can not be allowed.

That does kinda create the implication...

Putting that aside; I additionally doubt that the Israelis would be foolish enough to leave nuclear weapons unsecured in the face of an invasion.
Plus they are a tad better organised and armed than ISIS's current opponents anyway...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-09-2014, 05:03 PM
(05-09-2014 09:01 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  "Therefore, removing hair from around anus is not merely permissible but it is even likeable."

Yup. He's into rimming.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
05-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:I have been reading a bit about Islam and am amazed that thre is not more of a movement towards reforming it

Um...why do you think they are slaughtering each other in great numbers? That's what "reformations" are.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-09-2014, 08:47 PM
(05-09-2014 03:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yabut... how do go about reforming something that is the final word of god?

Rolleyes

Good luck with that!

Yeah, I just do not see it ever happening.

Basically what you are trying to ask them is to completely abandon everything they believe in and have been brain washed and indoctrinated with and believe in something completely different.

Just not going to happen now or ever.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
05-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Quote:There is no common authority for Muslims in anything like the role the Catholic church played before the Reformation - and there hasn't been for hundreds and hundreds of years.

And this is why at the moment it's a redundant question.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
05-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Turkey should be the one who has to handle the Isis problem actually. Because Turkey is mainland of Turkish and Kurdish people and in Iraq so many Kurdish and Turkmen people are in danger.

I don't think Isis fighting for their religion, because i read the quran there wasn't anything about killing other muslims and raping little girls.
Maybe İm wrong BKZ. BENİ KUREYZA (Banu Nadir) over 900 jew man killed by Hz. Muhammed and their womens and childirens seized as a cariyes (women slaves) look at for an example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayhana_bint_Zayd

Code:
“Yalnız eşleri ve ellerinin altında bulunan cariyeleri ile ilişki kurarlar.”(Müminûn, 23/6).
"They(muslims) can only sexual intercourse with their wifes and their female slaves"

Code:
(Nisa, 4/3).
And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then marry only one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].
(Your right hand possesses are your female slaves)

Code:
(Talat 4) Such of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the prescribed period, if ye have any doubts, is three months, and for those who have no courses (it is the same): for those who carry (life within their wombs), their period is until they deliver their burdens: and for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy.

Code:
The İslamic source that says girls can marry when they are 9 and 12 for boys

(bk. Reddu’l-muhtar, 1/306-307; Cezerî, el-Fıkhu ala’l-mezahibi’l-arbaa, 1/123-127; Zuhaylî, a.g.e, 1/456).

Code:
Hz. Aişe says: “When i was 7, Hz.  Prophet (a.s.m) married with me, when i was 9 he had sex with me” Buharî, Müslim, Ahmed b. Hanbel (bk. Neylu’l-Evtar, 6/120).

Sooooo you can have sex with childiren Bowing you can marry with them or just keep them as a sex slaves Bowing And you can kill someone and steal their wifes and kids