Does Jesus claim divinity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: Does Jesus claim divinity?
(20-03-2012 10:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 10:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey Bucky's Back!

Or have we just not been frequenting the same threads?Huh

Bucky has been misbehaving over on the YEC bla bla traveling light thing.
Don't waste your time. (creationism)...all the OLD OLD OLD arguments.
How's tricks, preacher man ?

Finding ways to preach the A-gospel! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2012, 11:04 PM
(15-03-2012 05:28 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 08:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 07:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 12:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  My point being, Jesus never flat out said he was divine.

I disagree. The response he received from John 8-58 indicates that the priesty-types knew he was claiming divinity. Tongue

Of course, the way I see it, Jesus was Paul's invention for the creation of evangelical Judaism.

Exactly. Big Grin

Permit me to add my 2c worth here.

I agree with you both....absolutely. "Jesus" , as in the son of god, who died for everyone's sins and rose from the dead, was Paul's creation.

I want to add, however, that Paul's "Christ" was not the living, breathing circa AD 30 character we read about in the gospels. Paul's Christ was a spirit, never a human entity. Paul never (well, almost never) talks about what "Jesus " said or did.
Paul's "Christ" has been retrofitted into the gospels to create Jesus.

It took me a frikin' long time to understand this. Just wanted to share it with you.

If Jesus were to have said he was divine, they would have stoned him on the spot. Jesus was a good Jew. To claim divinity is preposterous.

Mark,
Where have ya been. I was worried ! I sent you a holiday email card, and it came back. Sad

Did ya see today the Katoliks were castrating kids ?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/21/world/...g-men.html

Have you ever seen the PBS Frontline special, (4 hours), "From Jesus to Christ".
Good history. I think you would like it.

Also a brief vid I found, on Yahweh :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg
It pulls the rug out from under EVERYTHING that follows.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-03-2012, 11:11 PM
(20-03-2012 11:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Also a brief vid I found, on Yahweh :

^^^THIS is amazing. I just watched it a couple of days ago. The History Channel or somebody made a documentary on the book he references by Karen Armstrong called A History of God.

Probably one of THE best explanations for the evolution of the God concept I've ever seen. I have her book on reserve at the library.

Oh...and Bucky, your statement that Jesus would have been killed on the spot for claiming divinity is right on target. If the lightning bolt doesn't get you, the crowd with big rocks will.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-03-2012, 07:44 AM
(20-03-2012 11:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Have you ever seen the PBS Frontline special, (4 hours), "From Jesus to Christ".

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...ion/watch/ - ya lazy. Big Grin

And watch out for them YECs - get too close and they might use their "drain intelligence" special attack on you and maske you into a YEC zombie.... Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2012, 05:15 PM
(21-03-2012 07:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 11:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Have you ever seen the PBS Frontline special, (4 hours), "From Jesus to Christ".

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...ion/watch/ - ya lazy. Big Grin

And watch out for them YECs - get too close and they might use their "drain intelligence" special attack on you and maske you into a YEC zombie.... Angel

LMAO Tongue

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-03-2012, 05:21 AM
(20-03-2012 11:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 05:28 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 08:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 07:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 12:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  My point being, Jesus never flat out said he was divine.

I disagree. The response he received from John 8-58 indicates that the priesty-types knew he was claiming divinity. Tongue

Of course, the way I see it, Jesus was Paul's invention for the creation of evangelical Judaism.

Exactly. Big Grin

Permit me to add my 2c worth here.

I agree with you both....absolutely. "Jesus" , as in the son of god, who died for everyone's sins and rose from the dead, was Paul's creation.

I want to add, however, that Paul's "Christ" was not the living, breathing circa AD 30 character we read about in the gospels. Paul's Christ was a spirit, never a human entity. Paul never (well, almost never) talks about what "Jesus " said or did.
Paul's "Christ" has been retrofitted into the gospels to create Jesus.

It took me a frikin' long time to understand this. Just wanted to share it with you.

If Jesus were to have said he was divine, they would have stoned him on the spot. Jesus was a good Jew. To claim divinity is preposterous.

Mark,
Where have ya been. I was worried ! I sent you a holiday email card, and it came back. Sad

Did ya see today the Katoliks were castrating kids ?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/21/world/...g-men.html

Have you ever seen the PBS Frontline special, (4 hours), "From Jesus to Christ".

Also a brief vid I found, on Yahweh :

Gooday Bucky....its 2120 here, I just got home, half the Sunshine Coast is flooded, I sat in car on highway for 4 hours....I need a beer and a feed.....can't wait to look at videos .....but tomorrow
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Thank you for the replies everyone. I have so much (un)learning to do. I foresee a lot of lurking on these boards soaking in all that I can. Being that I have only one atheist friend, that I know of for now, I don't get many opportunities to discuss religion, history, science, etc... For now the internet is all of that for me, listening to debates on youtube and podcasts on here. Off to watch the videos posted above!
23-03-2012, 11:28 PM
(23-03-2012 11:29 AM)Noelani Wrote:  Thank you for the replies everyone. I have so much (un)learning to do. I foresee a lot of lurking on these boards soaking in all that I can. Being that I have only one atheist friend, that I know of for now, I don't get many opportunities to discuss religion, history, science, etc... For now the internet is all of that for me, listening to debates on youtube and podcasts on here. Off to watch the videos posted above!

Here's a link to Evid3nc3's complete series, (with the Yahweh video), in order. The way they come up on You Tube is confusing.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA...ature=plcp

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post