Does SCIENCE make sense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: Does SCIENCE make sense
(09-09-2012 11:47 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Science makes sense!

Sandwiches make even more sense, especially when cut diagonally and with chips on the sandwich...Just deal with it Chas Smile

Chas is sense it's terse form.

DLJ is sense personified.

Erx makes sense except when he is thinking about the naughty chair.

Girly makes sense and don't you effen forget it!

Stark makes sense except after spending too much time on the cannabis thread.

You however make no sense, kindly start making posts that actually add to the forum or go away.

Science is like food for my smarts. Your post is like... making me hungry for actual food. Damnit! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
09-09-2012, 12:28 PM
(09-09-2012 08:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  to most everyone? Meaning; do most people seek to understand, naturally?

And when enough material information is bridged, we each can often have that little light, go off and say, 'wow, i understand!'.

Does it take brilliance to know the earth is round?

How about knowing that each of us, can create by choice? Does that action have a possibility of affecting other lives within 'existence'?

I think there is that part of science that we dont yet understand/have not got a complete theory too.... everything on a quantum level.

I apparently understand that there is more space between atoms than there is atoms.... which means that there is more "nothingness" than their is substance.

This ramification is staggering... however it holds no meaning in my day to day life as a average "joe".... I cannot bring this into my life (yet) unlike other sciences like physics.

I think all discoveries or understanding have merit in their own way if tested and agreed on properly by the scientific community..... we might not understand certain things yet but our investigations and discoveries are laying the foundations for the future.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
09-09-2012, 02:03 PM
(09-09-2012 10:34 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 09:02 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  And theres our explanation for your shit. Your light went out.

The saying for understanding is about a light going on, not off.

i have you holding my belt loop, trying to correct everything but the science.

You're a punk!
If Scot is a punk that means you're my bitch, Bishadi.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
09-09-2012, 07:35 PM
(09-09-2012 12:28 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think there is that part of science that we dont yet understand/have not got a complete theory too.... everything on a quantum level.
but you see the actuality of it?

ie.... there are so many variables, you can make any system random (giggle giggle)
Quote:I apparently understand that there is more space between atoms than there is atoms.... which means that there is more "nothingness" than their is substance.
aye... the fields (em- faraday (they're there!)), are between any 2 points (entangled), just for being a part of 'it'. These principles are easy to comprehend, but few will admit, it aint in today's 'field' of thought (another giggle giggle).

yet completely 'stupid easy' to understand

and each field is affecting other fields.

Quote:This ramification is staggering... however it holds no meaning in my day to day life as a average "joe".... I cannot bring this into my life (yet) unlike other sciences like physics.
hey, we both were born into this
Quote:I think all discoveries or understanding have merit in their own way if tested and agreed on properly by the scientific community..... we might not understand certain things yet but our investigations and discoveries are laying the foundations for the future.

my hero!

maintaining that humility was what 'mankind' was supposed to be doing, all along.

So, now we gotta internet. Any other generations have this? Einstein? Newton?

nope!

my generation, does!

"WE" are the ones to do the job folks.

ie.... the book of life (owner's manual), for the next that get's dropped on their heads.

bad part is the middle east divide is going nuclear, dood
09-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote: but you see the actuality of it?

ie.... there are so many variables, you can make any system random (giggle giggle)

I see it..... unfortunatley I dont understand it Blush

Quote: aye... the fields (em- faraday (they're there!)), are between any 2 points (entangled), just for being a part of 'it'. These principles are easy to comprehend, but few will admit, it aint in today's 'field' of thought (another giggle giggle).

yet completely 'stupid easy' to understand

and each field is affecting other fields.

Can I reccomend a book called "The Divine Matrix" by Gregg Braden.... in that he looks at DNA entanglement and experiments to do how DNA can be removed.... yet still be affected over huge distances (like quantum computing I guess)

Quote:So, now we gotta internet. Any other generations have this? Einstein? Newton?

nope!

my generation, does!

"WE" are the ones to do the job folks.

Yeah I think the Internet has had an effect in quickening the sharing of information..... made it more accesible than in the past.... another beauty is we can have our work scrutinised by many people.... increasing our learning.... even if we get it wrong at least we know we had it wrong so we can better ourselves next time.

Quote:bad part is the middle east divide is going nuclear, dood

This is an unfortunate possibility and it makes me think sometimes that we are not evolved enough to be responsible for science.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
10-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Hey God, you asshole, why didn't you teach all people to speak human? I understand the solo words, it is English, but the connection between the words is just not human. WTF did you do that? Fucking prick!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
10-09-2012, 05:49 AM
(09-09-2012 08:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  Does SCIENCE make sense
Science is an effective method for countering some of the inherent biases that we as humans display. It sets the standard for knowledge as "I can reliably predict what will happen in reality given a known starting condition, and I can experimentally verify the correspondence of reality to my predictions". Because of this science doesn't make sense to us. It's something we have to train into ourselves in order to use effectively. We have to train ourselves to let go of falsehood, and to accept truth only tentatively. We have to train ourselves to brainstorm brilliantly but not to accept that in doing do we have create knowledge, until we are able to verify which if any of our brainstorming is actually true. It doesn't make sense and that's why we have to work so hard at it. It doesn't make sense and that's why we have to work so hard at defending it when it is under attack by woo. We must defend it because it's the only thing we know that really works.

(09-09-2012 08:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  to most everyone? Meaning; do most people seek to understand, naturally?
In the search for understanding it is easy to miss the most important steps in science, which are the testing of ideas and the throwing away of bad ideas no matter how much we love them. Most humans do seek to understand. This comes naturally. What doesn't come naturally is finding out whether what you believe or want to believe is really true or not.

(09-09-2012 08:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  And when enough material information is bridged, we each can often have that little light, go off and say, 'wow, i understand!'.
And when this happens, we are almost always wrong. It's one of the most helpful and most dangerous feelings in science. It's helpful because a true believer will defend and modify their idea persistently until it fits, and even if it never fits will have influenced and sharpened the ideas that eventually do win out. It's dangerous because when we think we know we don't check carefully enough, and when we think we know we often don't have the skills required to let go of our false ideas.

(09-09-2012 08:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  Does it take brilliance to know the earth is round?

How about knowing that each of us, can create by choice? Does that action have a possibility of affecting other lives within 'existence'?

It takes a spark of brilliance, and a lifetime of verification to know the earth is round. Each one of us is connected to a society that can benefit from new knowledge. We can make life better for those around us, at least for part of the lifetime of our species.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
10-09-2012, 06:48 AM
(09-09-2012 09:53 PM)bemore Wrote:  
Quote: but you see the actuality of it?

I see it..... unfortunatley I dont understand it Blush

sure you can, just like man has flown into space: 'we' can understand!

Quote: Can I reccomend a book called "The Divine Matrix" by Gregg Braden.... in that he looks at DNA entanglement and experiments to do how DNA can be removed.... yet still be affected over huge distances (like quantum computing I guess)

thanks.

Quote:Yeah I think the Internet has had an effect in quickening the sharing of information..... made it more accesible than in the past.... another beauty is we can have our work scrutinised by many people.... increasing our learning.... even if we get it wrong at least we know we had it wrong so we can better ourselves next time.

more human, than a hu man.

Quote:This is an unfortunate possibility and it makes me think sometimes that we are not evolved enough to be responsible for science.

you should site where i do: i can enable the equality for a war unlike any, but who is responsible?
10-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Why is this person even here? He is still making spam threads, and it seems he has branched out to the Health and Psychology thread as well. Kick his fucking ass.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
10-09-2012, 06:55 AM
(10-09-2012 05:49 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 08:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  Does SCIENCE make sense
Science is an effective method for countering some of the inherent biases that we as humans display. It sets the standard for knowledge as "I can reliably predict what will happen in reality given a known starting condition, and I can experimentally verify the correspondence of reality to my predictions". Because of this science doesn't make sense to us. It's something we have to train into ourselves in order to use effectively. We have to train ourselves to let go of falsehood, and to accept truth only tentatively. We have to train ourselves to brainstorm brilliantly but not to accept that in doing do we have create knowledge, until we are able to verify which if any of our brainstorming is actually true. It doesn't make sense and that's why we have to work so hard at it. It doesn't make sense and that's why we have to work so hard at defending it when it is under attack by woo. We must defend it because it's the only thing we know that really works.

and once the ptolemaic was the methodology, then newtonian, now a relative view, with all the uncertainties.

is it possible, another 'paradigm' will turn the existing model over?

be fair, and answer that question