Does Satan lie in the Bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Does Satan lie in the Bible?
Was Satan cast into hell before Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden or after? Or is this detail dependent on which church you belong to?

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 12:17 PM
(07-04-2014 12:10 PM)Eva Wrote:  Was Satan cast into hell before Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden or after? Or is this detail dependent on which church you belong to?

I believe that the casting out is only mentioned in Revelation. However I do think it is dependent on which church you are in. Some take the stance that he is cast to earth, and wanders here, with the lake of fire only being his final destination once the second coming did its bit to depopulate the world.

If i remember correctly, and this may be wrong, according to catholic doctrines he and the rest of the angels that rebelled where literally cast into the earth and remain there till the second coming.

Pentecostals and Evangelicals here believe he is all ready cast into the lake of fire/ pits of hell.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2014, 12:21 PM
(07-04-2014 12:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 12:10 PM)Eva Wrote:  Was Satan cast into hell before Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden or after? Or is this detail dependent on which church you belong to?

I believe that the casting out is only mentioned in Revelation. However I do think it is dependent on which church you are in. Some take the stance that he is cast to earth, and wanders here, with the lake of fire only being his final destination once the second coming did its bit to depopulate the world.

If i remember correctly, and this may be wrong, according to catholic doctrines he and the rest of the angels that rebelled where literally cast into the earth and remain there till the second coming.

Pentecostals and Evangelicals here believe he is all ready cast into the lake of fire/ pits of hell.

It's all very confusing. If any of this were real I would have no idea who was lying or who to trust my soul with.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
07-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Link: THE SPIRITUAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE OF THE SANTA LIE!

....oh, wait...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-04-2014, 01:13 PM
(07-04-2014 08:46 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  In my opinion, the Garden of Eden story is just a folk tale that's been jammed in there to explain evil, suffering and death... Probably just a different version of Pandora's Box.
The creation story in Genesis, the Garden of Eden, the flood, the Tower of Babel are all of Babylonian origin. Those stories got into the Old Testament during the Babylonian captivity. Prior the the captivity they were not part of Hebrew culture.

Sapere aude
07-04-2014, 01:18 PM

According to ever-entertaining muslim storytellers Iblis (Satan) was cast out of Paradise before Adam & Eve were given the same honor. The idea is different, though, since apparently all three were kicked from Paradise to Earth and only later on will all this resurrection/judgement/hell business come into play. So apparently Satan is still roaming around here somewhere.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
07-04-2014, 01:19 PM
*nevermind*

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
07-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the great youtube vid. I never saw it before.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
07-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I read this thread, so I don't think anyone has pointed this out. However, if anyone has, or if it's wrong, let me know.

I recall a story about Satan showing Jesus the four corners of the Earth and offering him all of it. Something he couldn't give, since he didn't own it, and YHWH is supposedly all powerful, blah blah blah.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
07-04-2014, 02:33 PM
(07-04-2014 02:16 PM)One Above All Wrote:  I read this thread, so I don't think anyone has pointed this out. However, if anyone has, or if it's wrong, let me know.

I recall a story about Satan showing Jesus the four corners of the Earth and offering him all of it. Something he couldn't give, since he didn't own it, and YHWH is supposedly all powerful, blah blah blah.

Matthew 4:1-7

What I find most interesting in that bit, disregarding the gross inaccuracies for a moment, is that JC was led to a specific spot to be tempted. This is a scripture often used to say that the earth is the dominion of the devil, as he is rebuked the act of temptation not for offering what is supposedly YHWH's.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user