Does Satan lie in the Bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: Does Satan lie in the Bible?
(07-04-2014 02:33 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 02:16 PM)One Above All Wrote:  I read this thread, so I don't think anyone has pointed this out. However, if anyone has, or if it's wrong, let me know.

I recall a story about Satan showing Jesus the four corners of the Earth and offering him all of it. Something he couldn't give, since he didn't own it, and YHWH is supposedly all powerful, blah blah blah.

Matthew 4:1-7

What I find most interesting in that bit, disregarding the gross inaccuracies for a moment, is that JC was led to a specific spot to be tempted. This is a scripture often used to say that the earth is the dominion of the devil, as he is rebuked the act of temptation not for offering what is supposedly YHWH's.

Well, if you conclude from that piece of text that the Earth was/is Satan's dominion, then I'm all out of examples of Satan lying.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: Does Satan lie in the Bible?
(07-04-2014 02:16 PM)One Above All Wrote:  I read this thread, so I don't think anyone has pointed this out. However, if anyone has, or if it's wrong, let me know.

I recall a story about Satan showing Jesus the four corners of the Earth and offering him all of it. Something he couldn't give, since he didn't own it, and YHWH is supposedly all powerful, blah blah blah.

He may or may not be lying, and you really could go either way, with that. It does fit the narrative that aside from God, Satan has undisputed power on this planet. So, it' really up in the air.

I do know that it's common for people to consider Satan to be the second-most powerful being in existence, although there's a lot of wiggle room between the power God supposedly has and the amount of power any of us have. Basically, anywhere between offering up the four corners of the world, down to bench pressing 800 pounds (or whatever is just outside of human achievement).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply