Does Sex Have Limits?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2013, 03:12 AM
RE: Does Sex Have Limits?
(22-10-2013 03:05 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 02:53 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Oh no . Its wrong. Its a whole truck load of wrong...

For what reason? Personally, my idea of "wrong" means that another living thing has been harmed in some way. But a dead person's brain no longer functions in a manner which would allow for ANY conception of thought - let alone the concept of suffering. A dead person doesn't feel or think anything at all. They're dead.

So, why is it wrong to engage in an act of coitus with a mass of flesh which was once living?

I gotta agree with Mis here. It is socially taboo but not inherently wrong. It doesn't actually hurt anyone.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2013, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 03:46 AM by sporehux.)
That's two people off the invite to the next funeral.

Jokes aside. Its horrendously disrespectful to the deceased relatives (even if they are dead also).
I see it as a crime against humanity. That is the person doing the deeds humanity.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
22-10-2013, 04:12 AM
(21-10-2013 08:31 PM)Chippy Wrote:  ...
Also, sexual intercourse is perhaps the most physically intimate of acts and that has the potential to introduce an emotional vulnerability that most non-adults are ill-equipped to deal with.

... and plenty of adults, too.

Weeping

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
22-10-2013, 08:53 AM
(22-10-2013 02:51 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 06:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This includes and is not limited to adults who are mentally limited, dead people and animals.

Dead people are no longer alive. As such, they are nothing more than objects. Consent is thus irrelevant.

It's gross, I'll agree, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

The issue in this scenario is the psychological trauma this would bring the person's survivors.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
22-10-2013, 09:11 AM
(22-10-2013 03:12 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 03:05 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  For what reason? Personally, my idea of "wrong" means that another living thing has been harmed in some way. But a dead person's brain no longer functions in a manner which would allow for ANY conception of thought - let alone the concept of suffering. A dead person doesn't feel or think anything at all. They're dead.

So, why is it wrong to engage in an act of coitus with a mass of flesh which was once living?

I gotta agree with Mis here. It is socially taboo but not inherently wrong. It doesn't actually hurt anyone.

Unless they're the ones making the corpses so they can fulfill their desire.

It is said that both Jeffery Dahmer and Dennis Nilsen both liked sex with dead people so much they murdered their victims.

Most people it's not an idle curiosity but a driven compulsion to act out.

Ok, I'm sufficiently grossed out now...

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

22-10-2013, 09:14 AM
That's it, it's not inherently wrong (long as you didn't kill someone to do it) but it's just GROSS!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-10-2013, 09:27 AM
So If a bag lady dropped dead in a park, and a pack of hobos go soup kitchen on her.
You guys are claiming that is not inherently wrong ?

22-10-2013, 09:33 AM
(22-10-2013 09:27 AM)sporehux Wrote:  So If a bag lady dropped dead in a park, and a pack of hobos go soup kitchen on her.

Are you claiming that there are moral absolutes?

Drinking Beverage

22-10-2013, 09:36 AM
(22-10-2013 09:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 09:27 AM)sporehux Wrote:  So If a bag lady dropped dead in a park, and a pack of hobos go soup kitchen on her.

Are you claiming that there are moral absolutes?

Drinking Beverage

Yes, but only as an agreed secular policy, that can be voted on for revision.

22-10-2013, 09:43 AM
(22-10-2013 09:36 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 09:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you claiming that there are moral absolutes?

Drinking Beverage

Yes, but only as an agreed secular policy, that can be voted on for revision.

I don't think those would qualify as moral absolutes, it sounds like what you are proposing would simply be legal agreements. I think DLJ is right, you either have to admit moral absolutes or else you have to its all up for grabs and norms are only legally binding but don't have "absolute" status.