Poll: Does True Romantic Love Really Exist?
Yes
No
Maybe
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Does True Love Exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Does True Love Exist?
(08-02-2016 12:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 12:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Good point. For purposes of this poll, *true love* is defined as follows:

A love that lasts, a love that is romantic, passionate--where your SO is your best friend. The person you share your dreams with, the person who supports you in your dreams, the person who loves all of you--even the not so perfect parts--and still thinks your amazing anyway--and vice versa for all above points. A person who challenges you but in a good way Tongue A person who makes you want to be better, live better. A person you laugh with. A person you share the good times and bad with. A person who is your rock, just like you are theirs. Someone who picks up where you leave off and vice versa. (think Jerry Maguire "You complete me" Hobo Tongue ) A person you take on the world with.

...And I'm adding in Stevil's part from his post "meant to be the love of your life."

Yes to all of the above except the romance and passion mellows with age. Mainly because it just doesn't seem to be all that important once you are free of the shackles of the hormones related to procreation.

Shocking Well, for some (raises hand) it's exceedingly important your whole life regardless of age or breeding capabilities.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
08-02-2016, 02:54 PM
(08-02-2016 01:11 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 12:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes to all of the above except the romance and passion mellows with age. Mainly because it just doesn't seem to be all that important once you are free of the shackles of the hormones related to procreation.

Shocking Well, for some (raises hand) it's exceedingly important your whole life regardless of age or breeding capabilities.

Well, orgasms are, but they have little to nothing to do with love. I'll take less "passion" (hormone driven frenzy) any day - I am looking for more skill instead.

Romance without the "passion" - such as enjoying sunsets together or a candle light dinner - are just personal preferences. Some people enjoy it, some don't. I don't see how that has anything to do with love or sex really, I can enjoy this with just friends, too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-02-2016, 02:56 PM
I think its possible to experience "true" love many times in your life.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
08-02-2016, 02:58 PM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-02-2016, 03:04 PM
(08-02-2016 02:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn76nV9J_rs[/v

Laugh out load Love that movie!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
08-02-2016, 03:18 PM
(08-02-2016 03:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 02:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn76nV9J_rs[/v

Laugh out load Love that movie!

I have it on Blu-Ray. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-02-2016, 03:26 PM
It only exists in the imagination of those who read this shit.

[Image: 51xaEOzlDZL._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-02-2016, 03:34 PM
(08-02-2016 12:44 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I have to go with no. Love isn't some grand thing that will happen to you if you just find the right partner. Love is something you have to make an effort to attain and maintain.

That's what makes it true love. If you want to take the effort to maintain the relationship then you love the person enough to do that.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-02-2016, 03:35 PM
(08-02-2016 03:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It only exists in the imagination of those who read this shit.

Hey! Wait a minute Banjo. Have you been sneaking around looking at my bookcases.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-02-2016, 03:37 PM
(08-02-2016 03:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 03:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It only exists in the imagination of those who read this shit.

Hey! Wait a minute Banjo. Have you been sneaking around looking at my bookcases.

Yep. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post