Poll: Does True Romantic Love Really Exist?
Yes
No
Maybe
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Does True Love Exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Does True Love Exist?
(08-02-2016 03:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 12:44 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I have to go with no. Love isn't some grand thing that will happen to you if you just find the right partner. Love is something you have to make an effort to attain and maintain.

That's what makes it true love. If you want to take the effort to maintain the relationship then you love the person enough to do that.

Well to me that's "just" love. True love seems to me to be some picture perfect thing, that you only see in movies or read about in stories. Love isn't about fining someone to complete you. Love is about sharing happiness. And that might very well be what you call true love. But I don't. (^_^)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
08-02-2016, 03:42 PM
I believe that true love is attainable if you work at it with a like-minded partner. This business about it being "meant to be" just doesn't match my world-view, though. I don't believe in destiny or that anything has been pre-decided for us by some cosmic force (G-d or otherwise).
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
08-02-2016, 03:42 PM
(08-02-2016 03:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 03:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It only exists in the imagination of those who read this shit.

[Image: 51xaEOzlDZL._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg]

Hey! Wait a minute Banjo. Have you been sneaking around looking at my bookcases.

Oh gawd, remember Fabio Laugh out load

[Image: 1d7d241d5e8dcfce66b00dc996c0239bb6ba2e2b...323ce3.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-02-2016, 04:20 PM
(08-02-2016 12:23 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Banal it may be but I would say that all love is true. For a time that is.

The love I have for your Avatar is pure & true! Tongue
All Hail Stalin Cat! Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
08-02-2016, 04:24 PM
(08-02-2016 04:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  The love I have for your Avatar is pure & true! Tongue

Love of the subject for his Overlord should be pure&true so everything is as it should be Wink.

(08-02-2016 04:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  All Hail Stalin Cat! Bowing

I think it is Lenin cat. We could settle on dictatorial cat though Wink.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Love is an emotion (and perhaps more), which is very subjective, it it's as 'real' and any other emotion. Truely.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
08-02-2016, 04:45 PM
(08-02-2016 04:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Love is an emotion (and perhaps more), which is very subjective, it it's as 'real' and any other emotion. Truely.

God exists. Truly. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-02-2016, 05:00 PM
(08-02-2016 12:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 12:26 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  Define "true" love. To be honest I don't even know if we can even define "love". We can associate actions, words, or feelings that we pin to the word, but without a homogenized definition, I'm reluctant to even start down the road of "existence".

Good point. For purposes of this poll, *true love* is defined as follows:

A love that lasts, a love that is romantic, passionate--where your SO is your best friend. The person you share your dreams with, the person who supports you in your dreams, the person who loves all of you--even the not so perfect parts--and still thinks your amazing anyway--and vice versa for all above points. A person who challenges you but in a good way Tongue A person who makes you want to be better, live better. A person you laugh with. A person you share the good times and bad with. A person who is your rock, just like you are theirs. Someone who picks up where you leave off and vice versa. (think Jerry Maguire "You complete me" Hobo Tongue ) A person you take on the world with.

...And I'm adding in Stevil's part from his post "meant to be the love of your life."

By your definition I might say I have it--with the caveat that none of these criteria would be 100% all of the time or at the same time. But both my husband and myself would feel weird calling our relationship "true love." (We aren't very sentimental.)

While we complement each other, I don't think either of us feels incomplete, so that would be another difference.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
08-02-2016, 05:03 PM
(08-02-2016 04:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 04:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Love is an emotion (and perhaps more), which is very subjective, it it's as 'real' and any other emotion. Truely.

God exists. Truly. Big Grin

Hey Banjo! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

You know what? We all love you. Kiss Hug

So there!!Angry

Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.