Does White Privilege Exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: Does White Privilege Exist?
(27-06-2017 05:51 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  People have no end of ways to hate someone else.

This, I also want to mention that this should no way be an excuse to be shit to white people either, because that didn't work out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2017, 06:05 PM
(27-06-2017 05:53 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 05:51 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  People have no end of ways to hate someone else.

This, I also want to mention that this should no way be an excuse to be shit to white people either, because that didn't work out.

[Image: latest?cb=20141127120104]

What are you, 16? But thanks for illustrating so perfectly exactly what it is: it might exist but it doesn't affect me, so it can't be that bad...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2017, 06:21 PM
(27-06-2017 06:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 05:53 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  This, I also want to mention that this should no way be an excuse to be shit to white people either, because that didn't work out.

[Image: latest?cb=20141127120104]

What are you, 16? But thanks for illustrating so perfectly exactly what it is: it might exist but it doesn't affect me, so it can't be that bad...

Can I explain, Shitting on people was one of the reasons we got Trump. People thought they are under attack, and whether or not they were racist or not a backlash ensued. You can talk about it but you cannot split race relations at the same time.
27-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Stop the presses, everyone, we finally know WHY 'murricans ended up with Trump. It was the fault of those blackies' all this time.

[Image: giphy.gif]

27-06-2017, 06:31 PM
(27-06-2017 06:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Stop the presses, everyone, we finally know WHY 'murricans ended up with Trump. It was the fault of those blackies' all this time.

Actually "Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect" thread Dark light is mostly correct except he Generalized too much. It's not Liberals Persay, just the insane wing of the party. Hobo
27-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Everyone is making some good points. In other parts of the world, it might be blatant and very true. But I'm wondering if here in American it's as bad as what you here on media sources.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
27-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Ruby, my first video takes place in the USA, for crying out loud. And so are the responses of both Shai and tomilay!

Quote:Actually "Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect" thread Dark light is mostly correct

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-06-2017, 06:40 PM
(27-06-2017 05:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 03:35 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Controversial topics abundance, I tend to here this own a lot. I can't seem to come to a conclusion of whether it's just people of color trying to find something to scream in outrage about, or if it holds merit. Picking at my brain a bit, reading through history, and engaging one-on-on debates with myself. (Who knew I could disagree with myself so much.)

I couldn't really find a thread about this to read about, as I REALLY don't trust media sources. They will either me Left-Wing people who will back up 100% it exist or right-wing people who tell me it's bullshit. So while listening to music, I decided to come up with my thoughts on the topic. I'm looking to ask people here to somewhat help me come to a conclusion with evidence they present from their trusted outlets.

My thoughts on 'White Privilege' is it exist but only in certain places. It's true when we see a poor, white man this 'Privilege' seems to be just something to spark outrage in people of color.
Yet on the other hand, most people you find in power tend to be older white people who seem to not really care about those who are colored, even putting poor white people over poor color people.

It's clear, from my own observation, in some places, people are color are the last to be considered for a job over a person who is white. Do I think it's as abundant as proclaimed by 'Black Lives Matter'. No. Not at all. There are people who truly care for people despite what they look like. Just as there are assholes where ever you go, and it seems their voices speak the loudest.

I got this feeling when I visited my aunt for the summer. Her friend, possibly best friend, was black. Me, being me, I didn't give two craps if she was black, Asian, or if she was green. I judge people on their actions, not their color. Whether they be black, white, tan, if I see some random guy peaking into a stare rather than going in after a good ten minuets, yeah I'm gonna be a bit on edge.
However, my aunt seemed afraid that I'd offend her friend with how casual I was with make jokes with her and expressing my discomfort when her kids were rubbing me. Granted, I'm not a kid person, I dislike being touched by anyone. I have a bubble, please respect that I do. Yet, when I just politely asked her son to stop leaning on me and rubbing my arm, I got scolded at. Yet when I did this to my other aunts Step Daughter, it was all cool. (And yes, she was white.)

I felt often like my aunt was just afraid of something that wasn't true. Her friend turned out to be a very 'Happy Go Lucky' person. She'd make jokes about herself and with me, and understood that I had my personal space. All around, even if I didn't like being touched, her two kids were sweet and I came to like them also. (Better than my other aunts step daughter who was truly a little brat.).

But that experience was cemented into me. Made me confused, and frustrated. The term, 'I have black friends' for me, shows that I'm not blatantly racist. I have friends of all sorts of backgrounds. I judge on your actions not on your appearance. And I've made some great friends this way. Maybe I should start saying 'I have friends of a lot of backgrounds.'. What makes your skin color or culture any different to me?

So, dose 'White Privilege' exist? In my mind, not everywhere. There are places you will find assholes who will chose a white person over a colored person. Does this make all white people evil, greedy, privileged? Nope, just means you met someone who is.

Because I've seen some white people who aren't as Privileged as you'd think. And there are times I see some who are as Privileged as you'd think.

The real question, are we going to let the assholes speak the loudest and take positions of power?

But, there is my two cents. Way off? Nearly there? Or hit the nail on the head?

Here in America, white privilege definitely exists, on the sociocultural level -- preference in jobs and housing, in particular. It's that basic.

I don't seem to be able to find the author or the quote at this time, but there was something uttered or written along the lines of "the happy accident of being born a white male in the US". Maybe someone better at google fu can find it.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
27-06-2017, 06:40 PM
(27-06-2017 06:31 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 06:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Stop the presses, everyone, we finally know WHY 'murricans ended up with Trump. It was the fault of those blackies' all this time.

Actually "Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect" thread Dark light is mostly correct except he Generalized too much. It's not Liberals Persay, just the insane wing of the party. Hobo

Nonsense. Trump captured votes because he appealed to base emotions: fear, pride, and insecurity.

The blame for Trump's Administration rests squarely on the people who voted for him.

When he screws them.over too, I won't shed a tear, because I'll be too busy keeping my head above water with his government in charge.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-06-2017, 06:53 PM
(27-06-2017 06:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  Ruby, my first video takes place in the USA, for crying out loud. And so are the responses of both Shai and tomilay!

Quote:Actually "Idiotic Lefties Are Responsible for the Trump Effect" thread Dark light is mostly correct

And this is where I get a bit uneasy. Where did the video take place? Was it truly what they said it was?

For the record: As for the video, I would do something about it if I saw anyone stealing a bike.

What scares me about people who tell me about white privilege is that one person who will look me in the eye and tell me I'm worth shit... even though I did nothing to them. Only because I'm white and so 'Privileged' means I am shit and should die.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin